Fraxel, in Conjunction with Fillers, Transformed my Face - Lithia, FL

I am so excited with the results of the Fraxel. I...

I am so excited with the results of the Fraxel. I had this procedure in conjunction with fillers and it has transformed my face! I look a decade younger and my skin is so smooth.

It does hurt but it is pain that is bearable and is quickly forgotten. The after is no more pain than being hot from the sun.

How long after Fraxel (I have completed the three treatments and am waiting for three months before deciding on more) should I wait before beginnning on retonoids?

I have now finished six treatments. My skin is...

I have now finished six treatments. My skin is more youthful, no discoloration, no creepying! As a 47 year old woman who spend many hours in the sun, even my lip wrinkles have receeded and are no longer what you notice about my lips! I learned to stop taking Vitiamin E supplements a week before a treatment and use ice, and more ice for the first day!!! The treatments increse in intensity and a Vicodin and a Tylonel worked well to control the feeling of the pin and rubber band being flicked into you. Talking to the person administering the treatment helps take your mine off the session. My 20 year old daughter had three treatments for acne scars and she looks and feel wonderful about her skin! Everyone's skin and genetics reacts differently, I was a lucky patient.

To Greeneyes5( and all other curious for an...

to Greeneyes5( and all other curious for an update). I have now had 7 treatments with Fraxel, and several rounds of fillers. I am currently doing chemical peels and am very happy with all the results. I have an updated picture. At 48, I can still blend in with the 30 somethings...and NEVER would I have taken a picture so close up before!
Colorado Youth and Health

The people were wonderful and supportive.

This is so true I had to stop all fillers before my Fraxel treatment. My face was really swollen after my treatment. I didn't t need any fillers for about one year. I had ablative Fraxel.
I'm sorry to hear that. In what way did your skin worsen?

I've decided to leave myself alone; take the $ I would have spent and donate to my charities (children/animals).

So many ways my skin is damaged. Hypertrophic/atrophic scarring, boxcar, rolling, ice-pick scars, necrosis, thermal cellular injury/damage, damage to the underlying muscle and bone, nerve damage...on and on and on.

I hope your results remain good mine were horrible. I had it done a year ago and it was great at first now just gets worse and worse.
shell...what did you have done a year ago that made things worse? Was it fillers or the stem cell rejuvenation?
LDS.. I'm glad it all worked for you. Most of us noticed our skin deterioration 1-3 yrs after fraxel/ipl and the damage went very deep. I hope you keep posting every six months to every year for updates. Maybe it is genetics. I on the other hand, have had to go for hyperbaric oxygen treatments for necrosis and other 'problems' and am currently checking out stem cell 'rejuvenation'.
On your fillers, the results should be immediate. You should seem the plumping and the red spots from the injections...
Where could I find this research..The maker of Restylane advises against it...I couldn't find any studies that show it's safe....And only have my own experience and research to go on....
I just had laser done on top of juvederm, botox, and radiesse. My doctor said that the laser is on the two top layers and the fillers are underneath, and aren't affected. I was worried that all the money I had spent on the fillers would go down the drain with the laser.:o( Almost 2 weeks after laser i see no difference with the fillers, they still appear the same and so far the laser has given me very good results and I'm expecting it to be even better as time goes on and the collagen is being made. I think it's important to have a doctor who has experience in all aspects of the fillers and laser. I lucked out :o)
Awalk...are you no longer on here? I was hoping you had an update, any update. I had 'procedures' done 2-3yrs ago and have atrophic, rolling, boxcar and ice pick scars. As well as collagen separation/stretch marks on my face, white lines and so many other things. I was wondering if any treatments you may have done to heal, have worked.
did you find that as you were healing from the laser, your skin tended to be a bit rough; kind of a mild sandpaper feel. My skin does not absorb moisturizer
as readily as before. thanks
greeneyes, Awalk became ill and passed away, her mother someimes writes on here, but I can't remember her moms nickname. Good luck healing
I eventually found that out. I found her posts and her mother's posts.
I had the fillers between the Faxel appointments and all is well! No problems and I am VERY HAPPY with the results. I did research and found little to support the claims of infection being more likely when used in combination.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You should also be wary of getting Restylane immediately following fraxel..Wait!! You have zones of injury that make infection much more likely..Restylane has been shown in studies to have miniscule amounts of Streptococcus proteins in it combined with a enclosed wound It makes sense it could lead to MRSA Who wants a Flesh eating infection on their face??… Research yourself
Doctors are telling patients it is 100% safe to do laser over fillers..This just isn’t accurate..I have talked to others who had complications with this over fillers… HA’s attract 1000 times their weight in water….This laser is attracted to water..Use your common sense deciding instead of relying on someone with financial incentive,, doctor,nurse or not..Ask for studies, I’ve only seen 1 that says it doesn’t change the structure of the HA by: Alster,T but nothing that it doesn’t make a burn more likely!!! Special care should be taken at a minimum and it’s not!!!This is not full disclosure of risks and facts…
It is good of you to pass this info. along, regarding fraxel and restalyne. Based on what you said, I wouldn't do it.

Is Fraxel the same as co2 laser resurfacing, do you know?

Thanks

Marge
Really Marge? You would take advice from someone highjacking another person's post with pseudo-science as a want-to-be than someone who has actually done it multiple times? and has posted pictures...REALLY? Then I guess you were looking for a way to be dissuaded. Make note that I am a Ph.D. with more than enough research skills to deal with information on my own, this awaik spends his/her time looking through post and offering unwanted advice from his/her perception of fact, interpreted through inexperienced and uneducated view points..just note the sheer number of post on which he/she has claimed expertise!