Fraxel Restore for African American with Acne Scarring and Discolorations

Pros: soften acne icepick (scars were not deep)and...

Pros: soften acne icepick (scars were not deep)and boxcar scarring , minimize pore size, very little down time, little pain
Cons: Swelling, expensive (but so worth it)
Why: acne scarring discoloration

I am a dark skinned African American woman with acne scarring. This is my first fraxel restore treatment and although i was scared out of my mind to go through with the procedure I am so glad I did.

Today is my 3rd day post treatment and after two days of very mild swelling and turning a bronze color (both of which were barely noticeable)I am starting to peel. The bronze color is what is actually peeling off and underneath is a brown slightly lighter than my normal skin tone which i was told to expect. I am hoping that my the end of the week the bronze will be completely gone leaving me with better skin tone. I was treated with a bleaching agent before the procedure to prevent hyper pigmentation. I also was given acne medication to get the break outs under control. A numbing cream was placed on my face for an hr before the procedure (gel was very uncomfortable) I couldn't fully feel my face until the next day. An icepack was place on the sides of my face right after each side was done and a cooling spray was administered while the procedure was being performed.

Even tho this is my first treatment of fraxel restore (I had two fraxel refine done 3 months early - (total waste of money) I definitely see results. The scars are softer and my pores are less noticeable. I hope this helps anyone thinking about the procedure. I am totally looking forward to my next treatment. I will try to keep updating the results. I do have pictures and will post them shortly. Be well

Ann Tappas from NYC Skin and Laser Center