Post-op Numbness After Lifestyle Lift

I had a Lifestyle Lift face lift on July 27th 2009...

I had a Lifestyle Lift face lift on July 27th 2009.

The neck muscles are very tight on both sides of my neck, with the right side having a "knot" in the muscle on the side of my neck. I have been applying warm compresses daily. I also still have severe "tightness" especially upon waking in the morning.

How long will this "knot" in my neck last and the burning sensation in my chin area [I had mild liposuction there]?
lifestyle lift: Dr. Wayne Mucci

I am happy with the way I look. I am concerned about the post-operative effects.

I had my surgery in June/2012and I am still struggling with what I believe may be nerve damage. I've still got numbness and stiffness behind my ears and I wake up with headaches every morning. I use cold and hot packs, but to no avail. To this day I dread the day I made the decision to have this done. This procedure was also done in cold blood because I heard the entire conversation between the doc and his assistants, trust me, I didn'nt miss a word. I am the most miserable woman and for this I owe it all to Lifestyle Lift. Go to another doctor as some of you say, I don't think so, things could get worst, and do you want to pay for me to have additional work, I spent over $6,000 plus visits to 4 neurologists, 2 pain clinics, my pcp and have taken more medications than I care to talk about. For those of you who haven't experience this horrific surgery, don't mock others, you are not feeling the everyday pain and the bad mood that one gets into everyday. It even has an effect on my family. First have the surgery, go through the pain and suffering, then you can talk, otherwise, keep your mouth shut. I am in line to join others in a class action suit and will take it as far as I can to make this clinic pay for the misery they've caused me. 17 months since the surgery, I should be feeling some relief and it looks like it's not going to happen, not to mention that it did change my looks. They did not take ten years off my face, they took over $6,000 out of my wallet, trust me. If you have plans of having any work done by this clinic, turn your turkey neck the other way and head to a real doctor!
Sorry, I meant that it did not change my looks. I still look the same, just down a lot of money and in total misery. By the way, I followed all their tules, took whatever medications and made all the follow-up visits to their office, but the compassion wasn't there, they consulted you by having you come through the front door, then you are practically kicked out the back door and you never ever get to use the front door again, God forgive you make an attempt. I also wrote to the main office to Dr. Kent and to this day nothing has been done to reduce my misery, I guess misery in their words doesn't love company. They got their money and ran and you are on your own from that day on. Can't wait to see them plastered all over TV when we all come forward. Debbie Boone is getting richer by doing these what I believe to be false commercials. Lifestyle did not light up my life, they ruined it. I saved up 4 of my social security checks for this mess and I could kick my self in the a&& for having made such a stupid decision.

I am a week and a half into it. I feel that tightening around my neck. I was told now to do hot compress on my neck. I do feel the “knot” But, I gently massage them. Feels good. I also rub arnica on my bruises. It has helped as well as taking the arnica montana. Please post any other tips.

leighinhouston ......for what length of time were you told not to turn your head quickly?......for 6 months, a year or forever???
I had Lifestyle Lift surgery about 4 weeks ago. I have been told to sleep in elevated position(though less than before) until I meet with doctor, which is in another 2 weeks. This position is hurting my back, which was already a problem area.
Any suggestions?
Dear holycow,
Thank you... my story is actually one of the least horrific stories. The many who have been left unable to swallow with speech affected... And to think there are more out there who are speaking out, but not on this site. They are criminals and they are continuing to dupe men and woman with their false advertising!!! I wonder how much Debbie Boone is getting paid for their new add campaign! I wonder if she knows the horrors they've caused. I hope to the Good Lord you get better.
Dear 2trusting,
This is by FAR the most horrific story I have read so far. For the average scenario, I would think that impatience is the enemy. In your case,unfortunately, the enemy was the doctor you entrusted yourself to.
Thank you so very much for telling me the city and state. I did not have my surgery in Tenn.
I hope you find a REAL doctor who will help you and I hope you do what is within your power to find justice.
I wish you the VERY best in your endeavors. You deserve nothing less for all that you have endured.
Crap shoot is exactly how I describe it. You take the biggest gamble going to them.
Nashville, TN. The dr. falsified my records turning in that I was a "happy satisfied client. This was after my last appointment with him, my still having numbness and disfiguring scarring. He told me to wait a year for the scars to calm down, and he would fix me for free! When I called them back he was GONE!!! That's when I got involved with the A.G. Hope this helps. It is a crap shoot if you get a good Dr. with them, world's leading experts my tail end!!! Unless you like to play risky games like Russian Roulette!!! Good Luck.
You have my full compassion,but I need to know......WHERE did you have your surgery? I really want to know and cannot understand why you haven't mentioned it.
Yes, I am still numb, both sides and they've been that way since March 2009. And no not yet. I've turned them in to the authorities. Eventually it will come out that this corporation is responsible for not only false advertising, but crimes against humanity as far as I'm concerned. What else would you call it when someone it hurting and crying and saying,:"Stop, Stop." And the Dr. is yelling at them to quit being such a baby. Any Dr. who works for them should really reconsider their lively. Many are coming forward now, that is if they are not too emotionally damaged to try to fight... which has been the case with many many many people. Their ads are worse the misleading, so I will spend the rest of my life speaking out against these types of Corp. Medical Companies which are performing these surgeries behind closed doors in non-steril rooms and do not have to be held accountable because as of now, they do not have to be accredited. The laws will change.
Correction, Livelihood. Pardone Moi.
Dear 2Trusting. Your statement.....os STILL NUMB jolted me so much that I failed to see you then answered one of my questions. Are you telling me that you had this done in 2009 and now, in 2012, you are still numb?! Have you sought help or guidance from another doctor?
Dear 2trusting, in what city/state did you have your lifestyle lift done? Also, when did you have it?
I had a lifestyle lift 3 weeks ago. When will the numbness go away?
It may NEVER go away!!! Both sides of my face are STILL NUMB since March '09. I'm so sorry you fell victim as well. Join the ever growing numbers of numb faces, by LSL.
Correction...March "10,
To those with issues over 3-6 months, I would suggest you go to a real Dr and get their opinion.
Want to know the doctor that did the proceedure for the lady.

The doctor's name is shown at the top of the review. Hope this helps!</p>

Give it time. You had surgery. The end result will be amazing.
There is no information from them that the length of healing time will TAKE SO MUCH TIME!!!!!!! They push this invasive sugical procedure as a minimally invasive procedure with rapid recovery! You are so marked as a poser.
Sunny
I had my lifestyle lift 3 weeks ago. When will numbness go away?
OH! REALLY! It takes TIME TO HEAL??? That's not the way they promote the whole procedure!!!! I have permanent NERVE DAMAGE!!!!! The whole thing is CRAP!!!!!
I saw this advertised on a magazine I am 44 years old and have a boyfriend 10 years younger, of course it sounded good at the time, I called the 800 number, however for some reason I ended up hanging up, minutes later a very pushy man calls me back to "schedule" me for surgery! I do believe I have protection from my guardian angel because when he called back I had already changed my mind about having this done. Reading the painful and horrible experiences y'all had having this done has really made me change my mind completely, God bless y'all and wish you the best. Thanks so very much for helping others like me.