Refreshed and Worth It - F/L and N/L

I went out of the country and had a face lift and...

I went out of the country and had a face lift and neck lift by a prominent doctor. My face skin was loose and my neck skin just hung.

I was required to stay in the city where I had the surgery for 8 days. I did have to get extra fluid drained, but I had no major complications.

I am pleased with the result and get many compliments from my close friends how natural I look.

Dr. Cardenas

My doctor not only practices, but teaches at University of Guadalajara which is the premier plastic surgery school in the country of Mexico.

Oh i had twilight anesthesia. I dont remember anything except feeling happy!
I am in giadalajara. Dr. Cardenas did my facelift and necklift. No scars and minor bruising. I actually went out and walked around the city today. Price of face and necklift 3850 dollars. I fly back to atlanta friday.
On his website, it states that he uses general anesthesia. With all of my prior surgeries, twilight anesthesia was used. I am concerned with the toxicity and recovery with general anesthesia. Any comments or experiences with anesthesia welcome.
I may have already commented to you on PSJ, but he did NOT use general with me and with others. This has been confirmed on PSJ. Hope this helps.
On his website, it states that he uses general anesthesia. All of my previous surgeries were done with twilight anesthesia. I think this is safer and not so toxic to the body. Any comments or experiences with general versus twilight anesthesia welcome.
I got my nose job done with doctor cardenas camarena they have a english speaker staff is very proffesional clean and modern hospital. everything went better than I expected with my rhinoplasty.
Dear Angie510,

Thank you so much for your post regarding your experience with Dr. Cardenas. I saw pictures of his work and I am very impressed with quality and amazing results he delivers to his patients. I hope he is not going to retire any time soon, so I can have my facelift done by him.
Thank you for your prompt reply. The language is not a problem, I speak Spanish as well... :-))
You have the correct information for Dr. Cardenas. He speaks English and his international coordinator does too. The coordinator works part-time, so just remember not to expect great customer service with the phone contact. However, the doctor's skill is worth any extra follow-up that you might have to stay on top of to be able to have the surgery!!!
Very impressive!! I never considered facial procedures outside of the US until now. Thank you for sharing your experience and Dr's information. God Bless!!
Ok, I think I found the doctor info. Is his name Lazaro Cardenas-Camarena MD? If so, his info can be found at: http://www.lazarocardenas-cosmeticsurgery.com/index.html
Do you have any pics of before and after? Please give me the info for Dr Cardenas, as I'm more than willing to go to Mexico. I am scheduled at LSL to have my procedure done in December... PLEASE SAVE ME!!! Thank you...
I need a facelift to get my life back, can anyone tell me a good but inexpensive doctor I can trust
Can you give the name of your surgeon? I'd like to make an appointment. I was considering the LSL, but having read all of the negative posts, I dont think I'll go that rout ... but $10k is an awful lot to spend on an un necessary surgery. I wanted to give myself this as a 50th birthday present. you can emial me at nannasissyboo@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Hey, maybe we can pair up. Would like to get mine in December.
I have not really been online recently, but see my comments about Dr. Cardenas' website on this thread. Good luck!
P.S. at age 46 I tried a LifeStyle lift here in the US. It looked good for a while and then the scars got visibly worse. I later learned that I got a skin lift, but really no muscle work which caused the scars to expand while the muscles stretched the skin to droop. My scars from the Lifestyle Lift were bad. You can't even see the FL scars.
I was extremely happy with my provider for my FL/NL. I had it done in Guadalajara. My doctor also teaches at University of Guadalajara medical school which is the most pretigious school from which to graduate for plastic surgery in the entire country. My scars are not visible and I look natural. My doctor was an artist.
joined to ask you, what is your doctors' name? how to go about contacting for surgery? Appreciate&thanks for posting&reply. Mark T.
Sorry about the typos.!!
Hi.. I joined just because of your post. I am thinking of going to Mexico t do this to..so you are happy with your provider? How are the scars...ans where are they? I am very nervous about this..but can't afford to do it in the US. Thanks for any updates...
Hi, me again. I am following your posts. So, you had the LSL and went to Mexico and had a full face lift for this amount of money? That is great. I don't think many women consider going out of the country to have surgery but I have read where it is cheaper to have surgeries outside of the USA. And with good results. I am glad that your lift went well. Best, Chrystal.
Please email me privately. Thanks.