Happy with Facelift for Jowls and Droopy Skin (52 Years Old)

I had a facelift and an eyelid lift on April the...

I had a facelift and an eyelid lift on April the 16th, 2009. I am 52 years old and was beginning to see slight jowl lines along with a double chin. My eyelids were droopy and I had big puffy bags under my eyes. I am very happy with my eyes and overall appearance of my face.

My concern is about a weird tingling, slightly painful feeling I am having in my upper cheeks. I see some slight bruising and the cheek muscles feel like they are stretching downward. It hurts to lie on my side in bed. And perhaps its my imagination, but I see slight jowls again if i hold my head a certain way. My husband swears he sees nothing. But my concern is this tingling pain in my cheeks and I wonder if my cheeks are sliding down their original position as the sutures dissolve?

Photo Update

Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

I thought he was very professional and I loved this clinic. He did reem my butt for putting my contacts back in 5 days after surgery.

Well, I know now why my eyes were irritated and red for years after the surgery! I was using redness reliever. I had never heard of "redness reliever rebound" until my ophthalmologist told me. When you use redness reliever every day, your eyes lose the ability to constrict blood vessels on their own. The redness remover also caused my eyes to be DRY and irritated all day long. Once I stopped using the redness reliever, my eyes became very white and are no longer irritated. The moral of the story is don't use redness reliever!!
indeed you look very natural, so much younger. worth it. after a year you will feel healthy again and will enjoy your new look more...
You look very, very good! Natural, like yourself, but now like 20 years younger!
You look so natural and Im glad everythings going well with you. Question, how many surgerys have you had in your life time? Not your face, but ladies, it take TIME TO HEAL. I'm an ex-nurse and it takes months and months for the body to heal, and more time now that we are older. "Oh, did I tell you how great you look. Beautiful job indeed.
What type of lower lift did you have? It looks very good...
u look great.
How do you find doctors names?
You look so awesome! He did a beautiful job!
You look great!
I think you look great...very natural results! Saving up for my surgery.
Yes, Cari, they repositioned my cheeks over my cheekbones, so it looks so much better. My eyes still tend to look reddish at the end of the day. I don't really know why, but my eyes have been irritated by my soft contact lenses since the surgery. I hope that goes away.
Very nice natural looking results. You must be pleased. Were your cheeks raised as part of the lift?.....Thanks for sharing your photo's!!!