Skin Graft

In the summer of -07 I decided to have eyelid...

In the summer of -07 I decided to have eyelid surgery due to bags under my eyes and a slight hooding of my upper eyelid. The surgeon was very experienced and well known. I thought I was in good hands.

I asked for a very conservative approach in the upper eyelids. Less is more I said to the surgeon more than once and do NOT change the shape of my almond shaped eyes. That did not happen. He removed so much fat and skin that I could not recognice my eyes. My whole face changed because of this surgery.

I really did not need to touch the upper lids at all. The lower are fine, somewhat hollow but I can live with that. I found a great surgeon who has injected juvederm in the upper eyelids. The fullness is back but I am still in chock over what has happened to me and can not get used to this face. I am in therapy and suffer great depression. Did not know it all could go so wrong. Surgeon said it was so easy and never complications.

My question is to anyone and everyone: Is there a way to stretch the upper eyelid skin so that I can create a crease again. I would like to have some tissue back in this area, has anyone had a skin graft in the upper lid? All I want is to look like myself again. I regret this more than anything in my life. Can not accept this result and will look for a solution until I find one.

Hello unofactasunt:
I can feel for you; it is the same everyday for me. Burning and dry eyes, keeping one of them taped at night with saran wrap over it to keep air out. The results of a bad performed upper bleth are disastrous and it does affect every aspect of your life. I tell anyone - please think about this before you do it - I went to a local plastic surgeon, Dr. Richard Nesmith and I regret it everyday. I hope that others will read this and make the decision to leave their eyelids alone.
My eyes don't look bad and if I didn't have to tape them no one would notice much. The problem is the lids don't function. Left eye lid turned up exposing the underside of the lid to the environment. It pulls up and will not fully close. Miserable on a daily basis -have to hold it down. Left eye still has overhang, but under neath the droppy part the some skin was cut out on the side make the eye smaller and pulling downward-hard to raise my eye brows.
That is a big thing for people to keep in mind - it may look OK and heal OK, but is otherwise miserable becasue the MD was not really skilled enough to do this surgery. He made more mistakes then you can believe, but it doesn't function and it's been over 2 years and don't know how much longer I can hold out. Have to meds so I can tolerate the pulling and all the air going under my entire lid. Thanks for responding.
When my eyes were botched I bought a pair of slightly tinted plain glass eyeglasses. The slight tint masked my eyes enough so no one could see my asymmetry but it was light enough so people could still see my eyes. I knew it worked because no one seemed to notice the defect! And it was also quite fashionable!

It has been a little over 3 years now since I had...

It has been a little over 3 years now since I had fillers injected into my upper eyelids. This was done to correct a botched eyelid surgery that was done -07. To much skin and fat was removed at that time from the upper lids, leaving my eyes looking really awful and I did not "recognize" myself any longer. The emotional pain was unbearable. My pretty eyes were gone!
I desperately searched for solutions to the problem and found that fillers were the answer for me.
I want to update you all in regards to what my results have been with the fillers I used. Dr Honeig in Beverly Hills CA, injected juvederm into my upper lids with care and skill. He restored my eyes beautifully, and still after 3 years it is looking really good and is very natural with nice full lids. My skin has also stretched from the fillers which is creating a small crease in the lid. it's looking better and better!
Finding a surgeon who is an expert on fillers in the eye area is VITAL! My self-esteem is back again and I have been able to move forward with my life from this horrible trauma. I hope this info will be of help to anyone in the same situation. There is a solution! :)
warmly, Goldilocks

I know this is an old thread but can you send me before and after pictures. I am going through the same thing and I just want to die!
Hey there, how are you going...just checking that you're ok. I'm happy to share photos, just via email rather than online. I think you can email me direct if you want. I have already shared photos with another lady in the same situation, and we chat about our progress. It's quite therapeutic to share with someone in the same situation:)
I take one day at a time but it is still very difficult. I can't believe I did this to myself. Would very much appreciate your photos. Can you send them to my private email ***@gmail.com