Asian Eyelid Surgery - Prolonged Swelling After Double Eyelid Suture

I had a suture procedure for asian eyelids about...

I had a suture procedure for asian eyelids about two weeks ago. I thought the recovery would only take 7-10 days, but has taken much longer. After two weeks, both eyes are still swollen and one eye looks as swollen as the day of the surgery.

I iced the eye every 15 min for the first 3 days (excluding a few hours at night) and have applied a heat pack to my eyes for a couple of hours each day since day 4. I've been sleeping elevated since the operation and began taking over the counter motrin for the last 3 days.

Is there something wrong?

Hi, I did mine in Viet Nam, might be a problem of distance for you haha. I am pleased with my results, it was a very quick procedure. However, surgeons in Korea are amazing at eye surgery so maybe you might want to check there. The plane ticket to Korea and the cost of the surgery will be less than how much it costs in North America.
thats awfully strange, I had mine done last Monday and it is perfect now. Go in for a check-up. Did you take all your prescribed meds properly and timely?
Hello viieeett, I am looking for a doctor for suture eyelid surgery. May I ask who was your surgeon and are you pleased with your results?
So how did it turn out? Have your issues been resolved? Please post an update.
Do you feel your forehead/top of head straining to lift up the eye on the right side?
the only wrong thing I see is that the swelling of your right eye is very noticeable...have you talked to your dr about this?
Wanted to know who the surgeon was. Can you let me know Iam looking for a DST or suture eye lift in the DC area. Let me know of any recommendations. Thanks David
Yes!!! There's something wrong in your case. And the answer is "YOU"!!! If you are not well prepared or patient enough for the surgery...why did u do it? You should have got a basic knowledge of the recovery time before you had your surgery. Didn't your doc tell you about that?
I read a small 80 page booklet about the various double eyelid procedures. I also read the literature that my doctor provided. It seems that the consensus is that the suture method is minimally invasive and recovery averages about 7-10 days. I realize a recovery will vary with the person, but my concern is there has been no reduction in swelling since the procedure (2 weeks earlier). I saw my doctor before my previous posting and she told me she'd never seen anything like this.
Give it a few more weeks, why give this surgery a poor experience when not enough time has passed?
The unsatisfactory remark is a problem is with the website. Before I see how it turns out, I don't know if it was "worth it." Unfortunately, the website requires me to say yes or no before I can post a question. If the option was available, I would say I'm undecided.