Blepharoplasty on Both Eyelids & Levator Repair on Drooping Eyelid

I recently had blepharoplasty surgery done on both...

I recently had blepharoplasty surgery done on both eyelids and levator repair on just my drooping left eyelid on October 1, 2009.

It is now October 14, 2009, I am 2 weeks post op and still have a drooping left eyelid. There is still some swelling mostly in the mornings but by mid-day my eye looks mainly like it did before surgery. At my 1 week post op appt I explained my concerns to my ps that I was afraid the surgery didn't work. She then told me there was no way it did not work because she attached what little bit of levator muscle I had to the tendon under my brow (not sure if I'm explaining this correctly) but nevertheless she calmed my fears. But now I am very depressed because I really feel like I'm going to end up looking like I did before after paying $3100 and waiting through the healing period (which seems like forever when you are walking around with one swollen eyelid looking worse than before).

I must say that if my end result is going to look like before surgery then I will not be satisfied. If my ps would have explained to me that the surgery may not work I could have expected this atleast but she never once said it was a possibility even after me bringing it up to her.

My question is if I look close to normal now and...

My question is if I look close to normal now and it is only 2 weeks does that mean my levator repair surgery did not work OR will my eyelid really change that much after the 2 week point. I really don't understand how it did not work..Can someone please explain to me...I have been searching all over the internet for before and after post op photos at the 2 week, 3 week and 6 week point but cannot find any to compare my eyelid too....PLEASE HELP!!!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

As of right now I would because she seemed very knowledgeable and was very compassionate.

Thank you but I look totally different now..I deleted that profile pic because now they both look the same. I'm completely healed, it's been two years and am very happy with the procedure so I would recommend it for anyone. I will post new pics soon!
Looks amazing! I need to have this done, too. I had upper bleph a week ago, still waiting to see the final result of that. Once I'm healed, I may go this route to finish the job.
day 6 . the bottom of one eyeslid still little red and puffy..the scar feel harden that the other one it seem like didn't heal the same way.. will that go way with time ?

I am beginning to have some dough of the out come .

please is someone out there can help me and give me some comment and feed back ?

please help...

not well prepare person
My doctor said to keep COOL compresses on both eyes as often as possible throughout the day such as 15 minutes with compresses on and 15 minutes with the compresses off....Also, make sure you are sleeping with your head elevated for a few weeks at all times when laying down. You will look puffy and swollen for a while but make sure you keep the cold compresses on when possible. Good luck, hope this helps!
this is day 4 of my eyelids surgery, top and bottom eyes..now looks little red and swolling and puffy on top eyes lids..is that an infection ? or just from the surgery ? I do the warm compress 3 time a days. do I need some kind of eyes oyiment after my doctor take out the stichs ? and if yes please tell me what I need..

please help,

not well prepare person...d
I think you look terrific.
the last photo looks great!
May I ask whom performed your surgery? You may e-mail me if not comfortable writing surgeons name as yet.

Sure, her name is {edited} in Jacksonville, Fl...I am really pleased with the result now, I still have some swelling in my left eyelid that the levator repair was done on. I actually called my dr last week and they advised me that I will have swelling in this eyelid for atleast 3 weeks longer than the 3 month period b/c more work was done on this eyelid. My eyes look better than before the surgery so I can't complain, I'm just trying to be patient with the swelling in my left eyelid that had the ptosis...Good luck..

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info above the review. Thanks a lot!
i looked at ur pic a couple weeks ago and omg it looks way better i will like to have the same type of surgery cause i have a droopy eyelid so please can u give any advise
The advice that I would give you is to be prepared to have to wait to see the full result of the surgery...I went in thinking I would see the ptosis in my left eyelid completely gone right after the surgery...My ps told me it would atleast be 3 months before I saw the final result but since I saw the results almost immediately in the eyelid that didn't have the ptosis I thought the other one should look the same...It truly takes longer for the eyelid that has the actual muscle repair to heal so it's hard to be patient...Also, make sure you go to a ps that is experienced in this surgery. My ps was great and very informative so hindsight I should have trusted what she was saying. I hope it works out for you, I lived with this problem for 35 years and have always been self conscious of it...People without this problem do not understand and it feels great now to know when people are looking at me they are not looking at my mismatched eyes. Once the swelling is completely gone I will post another pic...Good luck!
I think you look wonderful. I see no hollowed wider eye sockets,in appearance. Tissue very visible as it should be. If your eyes are closing and staying shut during sleep,your surgeon did not take excess tissue. That is a common mistake of aggressive surgeons. Most no longer remove fat at all,and very little tissue on upper lids. From what I've read your skin shrinks and recedes over time after this or any surgery.So having tissue there is a "GOOD" thing. ALL Surgeons should know and be aware of this, but some have not perfected this talent. A skilled and experienced surgeon will always think "less is more". They are hard to find. Your eyes look great to me and it did not change your facial features. Thank your lucky stars for that. You would visibly see and know by now, that you are a different person, even a stranger in the mirror. You would have a Doll's eye appearance. Wide eyes and a hollow longer look to your face. Round eyes creates a hollow longer appearance to cheeks and face area. A "Hoot Owl" look, nothing soft in that appearance. My eyes are shorter now,and round. As opposed to the longer almond eye's they were before my surgery. With time they have become rounder and more sunken. Again,the skin shrinking and receding with age and time. Surgeons that tell you this surgery always changes your appearance are full of "CRAP"! Shouldn't be allowed to perform this surgery. I've seen good eye lid surgeries, and yours looks like one of them. Any change is slight and an improvement. You should have a younger look to your eyes. Bright,and alive. There is no doubt in my mind, or other surgeons I have consulted, that too much fat and tissue was removed from mine. I'm stuck with this look for there is "zip" in proven reversion. Trust me,if your only complaint is you notice little difference,you got lucky. You had a Good surgery.I'd recommend this surgeon.
I don't think it looks bad. I do see most of your upper eyelid post surgery... so, I guess I do not see what you are referring to.
Hi! You basically posted a concern that I am going thorugh right now. I am 2 weeks post op and feel as if I see no results, my eyelid droops moreso now! I had the same procedure as you did. PLEASE email me an update on your results, have they improved? Thank you so much!!!
I'm so glad I posted this then but I need to update it...Don't worry, I voiced my concerns with my ps and she said there was absolutely no way my eyelid would still droop and she was right...thank goodness...By the 4th week I could really see a BIG difference and I actually measured from the bottom of the top eyelid to the bottom and both eyes measured exactly the same...My left eyelid is still a little swollen so it gives the illusion of it looking different than my other eyelid but it no longer droops...I truly believe when the ps says you have to give it 3 mos they really know what they are talking about...I will take a couple of more pics and post them so you can see...Just be patient, I know it's hard but the end result will make you happy...Like I said it's been two months now for me and the swelling is still there mostly in the mornings...Good luck, do you have any pics?
I am having the same problem. I had an upper bleph and brow lift on both eyes over two weeks ago. My doctor also injected Botox a few days before the surgery. One eye droops around mid pupil. I am worried because my doctor said he hadn't seen this before in one of his patients but had in other doctor's patients. He suggested that I see an ophthalmologist to do tests to see if it is the levator. This is freaking me out. Please let me know if either of you have had success. Thanks
Did it improve as time went by since your post?