Blepharoplasty Swelling After 5 Weeks.

Hello, I had Blepharoplasty done to help relieve...

Hello, I had Blepharoplasty done to help relieve discomfort on eyes from eyelashes, done in the summer of 2009.

Pros: Better Vision; Painless

Cons: Recuperation period

I have just recently had blepharoplasty of both of my eyelids to help lift the eyelashes, which were causing discomfort and vision issues. However, the right side has remained swollen while theleft side has healed normally. It has been 5 weeks now and the right eyelid is still significantly swollen. Is this normal, how much longer should I expect it to be swollen, is there anything I can do to reduce swelling (i.e. ice), can eyelash rubbing promote continous swelling? Thanks

I am also 5 weeks into bleph. I am still swollen and uncomfortable. My surgeon eijected me with Botox 10 days after surgery. So I don't know if this is the cause or not. However on top of swelling my eyebrows droop giving me a very tired and sad look, instead of a refreshed look.
My girlfriend had bleph and canthopexy to both eyes and still has some minor swelling on both eyes around her eye brows. I've heard that some patients take about 2 months to heal and that everyone heals differently (probably due to weight, diet, internal healling properties, etc..) So even though some people heal in 4 weeks, what may be normal for you is to heal in 2 months. I pray that your healing continues to improve.
Are you sleeping on that one side?

Some swelling, even at the 5 week mark, can be normal. Do you find it's worse in the morning? I have heard that high salt diets can also contribute to swelling.

There are links to some additional Q&A pages about eyelid surgery swelling here: Eyelid Surgery swelling You may be able to glean some advice from these pages as well.

Hope this helps!