Under Eye Hollows - Procedure Gone Wrong

I had Evolence injections for hallowing under eyes...

I had Evolence injections for hallowing under eyes. First time using Evolence and I am totally unhappy with the results.

I've had Sculptra injections - 3 to be exact - under my eyes in the last year and was very happy with the results. After getting a laser treatment under my eyes for wrinkles, I noticed the Sculptra had pretty much disappeared and my eyes had hollowed out once more. When I went back to the doctor 2 months ago, he suggested Evolence injections.

He hit a vein during the injection and I had significant swelling and bruising. According to my doctor, the bruise is now gone, but there is skin discoloration under my eye and it's quite lump looking. The doctor gave me some Tri-Luma cream to put on every other night to bleach out the skin.

I'm very dissatisfied and embarrassed to walk around this way. My other eye is smoother, but there is slight discoloration in it as well - that I can deal with.

Is there anything else I can do for the discoloration and the lumpiness? I thought if the previous laser treatment got rid of the Sculptra, would it also get rid of the Evolence?

Although this injection went badly, I've been completely satisfied with all other procedures.

Should I stop using Clinique Acne Solutions kit after burning and ictihng ? For the past few years, I have been having some serious problems with my skin. I'm 25 years old and thought I was past the acne phase. I admit that I don't eat healthy and sometimes go days at a time without drinking any water, but I have heard that food and drinking cokes causing acne is a myth. I have been to a dermatologist before, but the products he prescribed didn't work. I have an appointment to see another dermatolgists (who is supposed to be good), but I can't see him until Feb. 28. In the meantime I thought I would try Clinique Acne Solutions (cleaner, clarifying lotion, moisturizer). The couple days, it seemed to work ok. But after using it, my skin burns, itches, and is peeling. And its causing thte skin around my lips to break out. I don't know what to use. I can't go until Feb. 28 without using something on my skin, but it seems as if everything I use doesn't work. And I've tried it all .Mary Kary, Neutrogena, Dove, etc. It's just so frustrating.

Dear Jen, I am now over one year post-op for my eye trough implants, and I am still very happy with them. I know longer have to gook concealer under my eyes so that people wouldn't say, "You look so tired." I'm no longer ashamed of the blue, hollow shadows I had under my eyes because they aren't there any more. I look so much younger! But it calls for a good surgeon. Mine was Dr. Apostolakis in Austin, TX. This is off the subject but I want to get the word out to middle-age women everywhere; if you have been told that you have 'OSTEOPOROSIS' and your physician has prescribed Fosamax or Boniva (BISPHOSPHONATES) or ANY of those allegedly 'bone strengthening drugs' THINK TWICE before you take them! They have horrible side effects, and evidence is now showing that these drugs, instead of making your bones stronger, make them MORE BRITTLE. They can even cause a horrible condition caused "dead jaw," where the bone tissue of your jawbone dies and you can lose part of your face. This usually follows dental surgery or trauma to the jaws of individuals taking Bisphosphonates--osteoporosis drugs--so dental surgery researchers are now studying the link between dead jaw and bisphosphonates. It makes you wonder--since cosmetic surgery is to the face, is there any risk that the jaw bone might be damaged in facial surgery, meaning that if you are taking drugs for osteoporosis you might be more at risk of getting dead jaw?
True colors....You are so lucky to have had such a caring and competent surgeon (Dr.Apostolakis) and thank you for telling me about him and sharing your pictures as I would never have known how beautiful and natural implants would look not only in your eyes but your mouth as well. I wrote him today and he kindly replied to me right away and was very clear and helpful explaining his experience with fat grafting which he doesn't endorse with the 50% success rate. I agree about those drugs like fosomax...I was diagnosed with osteopena about 10 years ago and I was on those for a brief while until I thankfully discovered the truth as you described...I improved my diet I had become lazy with and started with more calcium and Vit D supplements as well and now I don't have it and normally it would have progressed to ostoporosis. I don't drink milk either but I do take organic yoghurt daily. For those of us who are suffering and feel miserable for whatever reason, remember that real beauty does come from within and sometimes it is a long time but time does have a way of healing all things in some mysterious way if you just hang in there. I must be having one of those "the glass is half full moments" don't forget...everything happens for a reason..... Good luck all.
I had almost the exact experience this past November 2009. He hit a vein and it's been a nightmare.My left eye from where he hit the vein is now raised with a soft type reddish bump and you can see where he has injected the evolence in other areas too. Some days it looks worse than others and have no idea why. He tried to smooth it out with restaylne but it just made it look longer and like a raised scar. I hate it and I mean hate it. He tried some form of cortisone but will only administer a small amount. It makes it go down slightly for about 24 hours and then returns to the same size bump. Now he is going to try laser it in hopes it will tighten the skin. I am concerned that I will have to wait 2 years before this totally disappears. My Plastic Surgeon does not want to surgically remove it until at least a year in fear he could do more damage. I had been going to this Plastic Surgeon for years and thought I was in very capable hands. After doing research (after the fact) I have found out evolence is not recommended for under eyes. I am desperate to find a way to make this lump disappear.
so...evolence should not have been placed under the eye area??
PalsticGurl, Are you referring to my postings about my eye trough implants? Because my doctor did NOT use Evolence or any other filler in my undereye area and my implants don't feel 'hard.'
Oh, sorry, PalsticGurl--I didn't run the page up high enough to see the initial posting. Now I know you were referring to someone else's procedure.
Arrgh. Evolence should never be used in the tear trough area. Evolence is hard and that is a very superficial area with thin skin. Whoever did this to you is a quack. I would recommend a HA filler such as Juvederm Ultra or Restylane. If something goes wrong there is a product out there that will make an HA dissolve in seconds. Juvederm Ultra may be the better choice because it lasts up to 1 yr and is smoother than Restylane.
PS: The photo of me on the left side of this page, with my eyes half-showing? That's a'pre-eye trough insert' photo. I had a lot of concealer gooked on underneath my eyes when this photo was taken.
I can't answer your question about the lumps, but what I can tell you is that I've had hollowness under my eyes since toddlerhood--the skin under my eyes was thin, and blue to boot. People would always say,"You look so tired." Well, at age 60 I had eye trough inserts implanted, and I love them! At least so far--the bruising hasn't completely gone away-- But after you straighten out the problem you have with the lumps, consider having eye trough implants put in. I have to wonder about doctors who encourage patients to have repeated injections of 'fillers' when there are permanent solutions to the problem available now, in the year 2009. If your doctor doesn't know about these implants and keeps on suggesting fillers, then he hasn't been doing his research. OR, perhaps, he doesn't want to lose his steady income from his repeat 'injection filler' patients.
Jen and everyone else out there using Evolence, Evolence is ONLY good for the deep folds/lines around the mouth. (nasolabial folds) This product is NOT moldable!! This is collagen!!! It should NOT go in lips, nose, under eyes, cheeks etc. I am sad to hear Doctors are putting Evolence where ever they want. I know the economy is bad, but they should know better!!
They do know better. We have to wise up and realize that not all doctors live up to their oath and they are not "Minor Dieties" Some are "Mentally Deficient" and just plain corrupt. They will tell you what you want to hear and what they want you to believe. Sometimes this is because that is the limit of their knowledge but particularly in the cosmetic industry, I have learned the hard way, many are no better than used car salesman. Don't let anyone push you into anything without going home and doing research before making a deposit, ask lots of questions and demand to see lots of pictures of their work. All the fancy brochures are just good marketing....Tread with caution and know there are good doctor's out there and as a former hairdresser, I'm sure this is rewarding work and find the doctor who is in it to make that difference and see the transformation that some of these procedures can do.

Hi Jen - Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

This thread has some doctor feedback on removing Evolence lumps. Perhaps it will help? How to get rid of lumps from Evolence