Discoloration, Lumps and Uneven Healing After Smart Lipo

I had smart lipo 3 weeks ago to even out saddle...

I had smart lipo 3 weeks ago to even out saddle bags on the outer thighs. The procedure was ok. He only suctioned 300 cc for both the sides. My first feeling was that this amount taken was not really enough.

The recovery takes longer than expected. I am 3 weeks out and I still have uneven swelling and discoloration. The bruising is gone. But the area treated has darker colour to an extend that I cannot go swimming. It is too obvious that I had something done on the outer thighs.

Right now I am not sure that I have done the right thing. I also cannot see any difference in size. 300cc seems to be too low to make a difference on my upper legs.

I had smart lipo 3 weeks ago. The bruising is gone but I still have pain to the touch, numbness and uneven swelling and where the doctor entered the laser needles I feel some hard lumps and it shows on the outside. Is that what I feel as hard lumps scar tissue? Should I massage it to break it up? CAN I do something to even the area out? Does the uneven healing or swelling go away? Does the discoloration (darker skin colour) subside after a while or can that be permanent? Will the numbness go away or can it be permanent? Thanks for any feedback and answer.

how is it now? it's been 3 years. after i read alot of testi most of them said the max seen in 6 month not 6 weeks. so i guess your testi is a bit too early to say it's worth it or not right? can i get your new testi and your doctor name or website? :) thanks
I had inner and outer thighs done, and the "banana roll"...which is in between your legs and goes back a little bit underneath your butt. That area is all connected, so to have it done evenly, it is 3 areas. They took out around 2.5 -3 pounds...probably a little less than 2 pounds of fat. I weighed 117 the day of, and on the scale this morning I weighed 113.8 like everyone, I fluctuate a few pounds depending on the day, time and how much I ate. It is day 6...I feel pretty good, but felt more pain last night than any others. The recovery time after lipo is long. I was also fooled by everything I read, and even by my doctor! I was not happy about that. I hope I am feeling better by halloween! I have a party to go to. As far as seeing results...my legs don't look any smaller...or much different. It is too early...still swollen, and holding fluid. I wouldn't be surprised if I measured and was bigger. That is how Lipo goes...in the end, months away I am confident it will be well worth it. It was last time I did my knees. Results took FOREVER!
Thanks for your reply. I am now over 3 weeks and I still feel severe pain when I do certain movements or when I touch the area with pressure. Walking and everything else is ok. I started even running yeterday. The area done is still very uneven. Like a bump. My concern is also that the amount of fat taken should have been a lot more. It was only 300 cc altogether which is soooo little. I do not see any difference at all. I am so dissappointed. I don't even know if lateron I can reapeat the procedure with a different doctor. I read that the area once done with smart lipo is difficult to redo because of the scar tissue. With your amount of fat sucked out you should see tremendous results once the swelling is gone down.
Hi, I'm going to go to Thailand too and considering Smartlipo. 500$ is interesting. Where was that clinic? please try to send me their name or website
Did you go to Thailand for the surgery...from the US? If so, why? For the price? $500.00 for Lipo is unheard of. I had the same areas done 6 days ago, and so far I am healing very well and do not have any of the problems you described. Give it time though, some people take months to heal. Lumps are normal after 3 weeks. I hope your problems get better.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, IT IS getting better. I only had that one small area on the outer thighs done. I wanted more but the doctor does only small areas at one time. I expected rapid recovery like you always read in the advertisements of smart lipo. Oh, I live in India, not US. How much did he suction out for you? Do you see any difference yet?
Here are some related SmartLipo questions that might be helpful: After Smart Lipo Advice