Moisturizer to Use with Retin A 0.1%

I'm 55 years old. I have previously used Retin A ...

I'm 55 years old. I have previously used Retin A .05% cream with no problems at all, but it was a few years ago. Currently, I'm using Stieva-A tretinoin cream 0.1% every other night after I wash my face with a moisturizing goat soap. Then, I'm putting Eucerin Everyday Protection face lotion on top. I also use the Eucerin lotion in the morning; it is spf 30. If I'm going to be outside a lot, I also add Neutrogena SPF 85. My face is getting much dryer and redder than it did 10 years ago.

I'm using Retin A 0.1% and it seems a little too strong. I'd like to mix it with a moisturizer to lessen the potency. I already have 5 tubes of the 0.1% and don't want to purchase more. I'm using this for wrinkles. Can you please give specific brand names of moisturizers?

If you are retin a or stieva a put moisterizer on first,then wait 20 min. before applying

Hi DenverMary,

I've never used Retin-A, but I have very sensitive combination skin and as a result have sampled several moisturizers in my time.

The products that strike the right balance for me are the Olay Complete moisturizers for sensitive skin. They contain aloe and vitamin E, so they're quite soothing, but they are also lightweight and offer sun protection (this is an absolute MUST with Retin-A, as I understand).

I use the thinner SPF 15 moisturizer at night and the thicker SPF 30 moisturizer during the day.

Hope that helps!
April

This was from my GP who is great. it was what I asked for.