DO NOT Get an IPL - Evansville, IN

It was really free, yah, because I originally had...

It was really free, yah, because I originally had a micro laser peel in early December 2008. After the procedure (several weeks), I looked like I was ran over by a tire leaving a pattern on my face from the tools used. To make it worse, I am a model and now I am completely insecure about my face and have lost money (work).

So my IPL treatments have been free due to the center destroying my face. It is now June 2009, I have had 7 IPL treatments and if anything, my face is worse. I still have the square patterns on both cheeks, my skin is a lot more oily (I was always normal), with hypopigmentation that looks like scarring. To look somewhat normal, I have to wear tons of makeup. The make up makes me even more insecure knowing I have way too much on.

The nurse keeps saying, "Oh, we just need to do another IPL and make adjustments on the setting." It is painful for the first hour, or it has been several hours when the nurse decides to do each area twice in one setting. I look like a monster for about 6-8 days and I am unable to work during this time of healing. I do not know what to do. I am going back in a few days for another nurse at the office to look at it. I am getting a second opinion and am thinking of a law suit.

Has anyone else had this similar experience? If so, did it ever get better and how? I really think it is permanent and if anything could fix it, it would be a very severe process like grafting which is scary and expensive.

HELP!!!!! My advice, do NOT do it!!!!!!

I used crest whitestrips level 2 for 2 days so far and the spots are noticably lighter. At least 50% lighter. I cut them to size and placed them on the brown spot and left for an hour. All you have to do is watch them and look through the clear strip to make sure ur skin isnt turning bright white because its getting irritated. I had that happen but it went away the next day.
I AM 26 years old...& i am diabetic plus POC pateint as well...... i want to know if i want to do it IT OR NOT... ???????????????
don't do IPL.. it's just not worth the risk. read the stories of people that were severely damaged by this machine. and if you are a diabetic, you are probably at a higher risk to heal poorly. brown burn marks are not even the worst that can happen from IPL, horrid scarring, indentations, wrinkles and the loss of collagen and elasticity + facial volume loss, as it can melt away fatty tissue.. Stick to natural stuff - tons of natural remedies online for pigmentation issues, wrinkles, acne and so on OR is you not into those, do very mild treatments like start off with a 10-15% lactic acid peel and increase the strength with time. Don't gamble with lasers, way too many risks. Good luck..
Dr. Manley @ DeJa Vu