Leaking Navel 3 Years After Tummy Tuck W/ Lipo

I Had a Tummy Tuck With Lypo. I had the surgery...

I Had a Tummy Tuck With Lypo. I had the surgery because I had lost 62 lbs. I am extremely pleased with the results. The best thing that I could have ever done.

I had a Tummy Tuck about three years ago. I recently notices that my navel was leaking fluid and had a odor. So I contacted my PS and he said that one of the sutures probably needs to be taken out. He told me to keep it clean and to monitor it and if I felt like I was in pain to contact them immediately. Because I had my surgery out of state I cant get down there for a few weeks. Now Im a lil scared because I have noticed that I have a small hard not above my navel....is this normal???
This same thing has happened to me over seven years ago I go the surgery. Unfortunately I live in a different state as well and my surgeon has since retired. I do NOT have the funds to see another surgeon......what do I do. My stomach is tender and sometimes sore. I went to the ER and they said it was not infected but have to see my surgeon....any suggestions?
You are describing a suture reaction. it could get infected that is why your surgeon said if it get worse contact him. suture reaction can happen freqyuently.
Three and seven years later? Three years later (is what the original poster said) an odor and discharge is what she recently noticed...and a respondent to her said her surgery was 7 years ago and she is experiencing the same thing. How can they be having a suture reaction? Aren't sutures gone and tissue healed by now?
Miami Plastic Surgeon

My PS and staff where very careing and extremely graciouse!