Cool Lipo on Face, Neck and Jowls - YIKES

Cool Lipo on face,neck,jowels 10 days ago. Worse...

Cool Lipo on face,neck,jowels 10 days ago. Worse part of procedure was the numbing. Nobody called after the procedure to see how i was feeling. I was terribly swollen,sore and bruised for several days.

NOW, my neck is squishy like jello, the skin is sagging and hanging and it jiggles. i look so much worse than when i went in. i dont know if this skin is going to tighten up...where is this loose skin going to go to? I didnt go in with loose skin like this..it feels like crepe. Then underneath, the neck feels hard. There is also a line which resembles a scar.

I am so distressed over what i have done to myself. I will contact a plastic surgeon (which i should have done in the first place) to see if this can be corrected! I cannot see my neck ever looking or feeling normal again. (there is still numbness in the neck...and still soreness in the neck and jowels). And, i did not do any research before jumping into this with both feet!!!!!!

I will vote undecided at this time because i am told you have to wait 6 months to a year for it to look good...however, i never considered that it would look worse after the procedure...and i certainly do not want my friends to see me now...so, do i wait 6 months to a year before going out again???!!!! I am so distressed over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot imagine this loose, hanging skin just disappearing or tightening up on its own! YIKES. What have i done?!

What is the difference between cool  lipo and...

What is the difference between cool  lipo and smart lipo? Is one better than the other?

No I wouldnt...however, I dont need it on my body...I am in good shape. Maybe if I needed it? I would really do research on the doctor...I didnt do that with Dr. Stevens because I was new with the computer and didnt know you could google and get reviews. Had I done the reviews, I would not have chosen to do the procedure on my face. If I chose to do anything on my face, I would only go to a qualified, board certified plastic surgeon...And, if I chose it on the body, I think I would make darned sure it was a qualified MD......Thanks......
I appreciate you replying back. I have a follow up question.

Would you have cool lipo done on you hips or abdomen ?

BTW I distinctly remember a local clinic telling me that they only use cool lip for abdomen, love handles and hips.
I still feel the same about the doctor and cool lipo for the neck/face area. It might work for the tummy/hips but I would never suggest it for the neck area. I feel it really played on my emotions and still does. I feel it made it look older. If I had the money, I would consider a face lift....but only by a qualified professional MD. Never an internist!!!! It is one of my "top on my list" of regrets in life. Dr. Stevens had her license "suspended" until she did rehab and jumped over some hoops (I followed this on the Dept. of Health website)...so, she now had her license reinstated and probably has her "sign" out in some other town?? Dont know. But, you know she will probably be out there again. So, huge lesson learned by me. Oh well. Just sorry it was on my face and not on my hips.....Thanks for checking in.
It looks like its been 2 years. I am interested to hear what you have to say now.
Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with Dr. Stevens. I had the procedure done but it involved different areas and it went great. The procedures are done the same way no matter what doctor you see. I hope things work out for you.
Latest update on Dr. Stevens. She had to shut down her practice. She is in hot water with the Health Department. The latest on her is that she has now declared bankruptcy...that way nobody can touch her financially, i suppose. She is shameful!
I still think it would be shame if there's no way to sue her. I think if someone in the US did that to me I'd go after them no matter what. I know a bankruptcy clears her of debts, I don't know that protects her against lawsuits, she may have had insurance at least at the time and the insurance is what would pay at least some of your damages. I would get a lawyer and try to sue her. I don't care if you have to take her house. There's just no way that someone unqualified should get a way with risking permanent damage to someone and getting away with it. She should have had some sort medical/professional insurance and you should try to collect damages under that by getting a lawyer and fast before she leaves the country.
Thanks for the advice/suggestion. Yes, this procedure has sure affected my emotional life. I have been quite depressed since having this procedure. I have kept track of her and her license is still suspended...altho, she is trying to get people signed up on her Hypatia website...lying and saying that when she is finished with her "move", she will be offering deep discounts for procedures. I am sure she will get her license reinstated and put her sign out and practice again. I think she had to go thru a drug/alcohol program...that is what the charges look like (among many). So, i dont know what i am going to do about this. But, i know i have been quite depressed over my neck...it is still very saggy...they sucked the fat out and left the skin hanging. I am just very sad over this entire mess. Thank you. (Know any good attorneys????)
Wow. I just found that you can go to www.doh.wa.gov and type in Credential Search for Dr. Virginia Stevens and you will find several violations against her! How I wish I had known about this before letting her touch my face! Please check this website if you are considering any work by Dr. Virginia Stevens of Woodinville!
It has now been over 2 months since receiving Cool Lipo on my neck/jowls/face by Dr. Virginia Stevens of the Hypatic Clinic in Woodinville, Wa. I am completely dissatisfied with this procedure and do not think it should be approved by the FDA. And, I would NEVER recommend Dr. Stevens for ANY procedure. She is completely unprofessional, as is her office staff. Adrienne (her receptionist) is the one who meets with you and pressures you into signing up immediately for the huge "cash" discount..and i mean cash...no debit card or check...strictly cash. Makes me wonder if this money is being declared..something didnt feel right about this when I signed up. However, i did sign up and i never dreamed i would look WORSE when i left. I did see a plastic surgeon and he said that after 2 months of this procedure, nothing else will change. I went in with a big of sagging beginning on my neck...I left with my neck in a sagging, loose, jello-like state and it has not gotten better with time. The left side of my face is puffier than the right side (neck included). I look older now than when i went in. I had an appt. with Dr. Stevens (which i insisted on having) for Oct. 15. when i showed up at the Hypatia Clinic, it was empty and closed down. I have tried calling Dr. Stevens each day since and you get her answer machine and it says to leave a message and then says "Sorry, mailbox is full"...click. I cant help but wonder if she has gone out of business...that would not surprise me one bit. I wish i would have known about these websites that you could look up reviews on procedures and doctors before i did this to my face...i dont think i would have chosen this procedure or this doctor! So, i would have to say a huge DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR FACE..save your money and go to a professional Board Certified Plastic Surgeon...not an internest who has turned to aesthetics for "cash" clients! Thank you.
One more thing...Dr. Steven's or her office has never once called to see how the procedure went...to ask if i was happy with the procedure, etc. Once they have the cash, you are on your own.
No. Have been waiting to get my thoughts organized before writing more on this mess. I do not think cool lipo should be approved for the face/jowl/neck. My neck is still like jello (and it wasnt when i went in for this procedure). This doctors office is totally unresponsive. One of the clues i should have recognized with Dr. Stevens office was that they really pressured you..saying they were having a sale and if you paid "cash"...no check or debit card...green "cash" you got this amazing discount...from the $4,000's down to $2,700...so, i stupidly jumped right in before doing homework and had this procedure done. Also, now the left side of my face is puffier than the right side. I saw Dr. Michael Leff, Plastic Surgeon, and he said it takes 2 months for things to settle...nothing more after that time. He said he could repair what has been done for about $8,000. But, i want to wait before writing more on real self until i see Dr. Stevens next week to tell her of my distress this procedure has caused in my life..and see her response again (if i can even see her). I cannot believe the FDA approved this procedure! And, i am sorry i had never heard of real self before having this done....having read the comments i never would have done this. Thanks for asking!!
Christine - have you found a way to reverse this bad situation?