Significantly Smaller Smile - Temporary?

Pros: Great profile, makes me look more masculine,...

Pros: Great profile, makes me look more masculine, elongates face

Cons: Recovery and pain, smaller smile, don't know if it was worth the money

Why I did it: Have always been self-conscious about my profile and have a career in television broadcasting

Okay, so I may be overreacting, but this is a good question for anyone considering a chin implant. I am a week post-op, and while I am still numb and a bit swollen, I've noticed that my smile is completely different. It's not like other posts I've seen where the patient has a crooked smile. My issue is that I used to always be very toothy, and now I'm lucky if I can just show the top row of teeth.

Once the chin becomes less stiff, will I get my...

Once the chin becomes less stiff, will I get my picture perfect smile back? Or now that the chin implant is set in place, will I have more limited control of my lips? I'm really hoping it goes back to normal, because now I smile and it's ALL chin and no teeth.

did your smile fully return to normal??
Wow new profile looks fantastic.
Just wanted to give an update. The implant kept getting infected and I had to have it removed. Definitely only go to a board-certified plastic surgeon who will insert it beneath the chin (not orally). It's not worth the pain. I 100 percent regret my decision.
wow, thats a remarkable difference..you look great though. Upon reading your firt comments regarding the swelling, etc I can see why. He obviously used a quite large implant so I could not being able to have flexibility for awhile. About how long did it take for your smile to come back?
Great smile, CrazyKid!
Wow, your chin looks marvelous and the smile is gorgeous. I had a chin implant 6 weeks ago and it's still significantly stiff. I'm praying that the flexibility will come back, because right now I can't show a nice "curve" on the bottom lip when I smile. Did you still have stiffness after a couple months?
Have you gotten the flexibility back in your lower lip? I got my implant on 11-11-09 and still can't get that curve in my lower lip when I smile. I am just sick about it because I spent $15,000 on veneers before the implant. My lower lip curves up over my lower teeth when I smile. I am very disappointed with my result. My ps says there is no physiological reason for this and nothing can be done
i think you look very great! better than before. it worths :)
who was your surgeon? you have a great smile!
Thanks itslee! The swelling actually went down COMPLETELY and I am LOVING the new look. I need to figure out how to revise this post, because I am very pleased with my results. I know that my smile will never be the same, but the fact that I have a profile is great. For anyone considering this surgery, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay off of these boards for at least a month. It takes a lot of time to heal and see the real new look!
I don't know if this will help at all, but I like the after pic a lot! Maybe as the swelling goes down, the smile will "widen"? You should check with your doc, but just wanted to say it does look good.