Buccal Fat Pads Removed at Age 25 - Looking for "Reversal"

I know it says I had a "cheek lift", but...

I know it says I had a "cheek lift", but "buccal fat pad removal" was not on the list of options, so... I had my buccal fat pads removed because I had a full face, now I'm realizing that my full face wasn't THAT full and it was actually quite charming. I want the fat back in my face!

I had my buccal fat pads removed at age 25 (a year and a half ago), now I'm wondering if it's possible to "reverse" this procedure. I understand that fat grafting is probably the only way to go, so is it possible to go back into the emptied pockets (where the fat pads were) with fat?

I was about to do it, however the surgeon convinced me not to and explained the long term disadvantages. I just had an a-tip nose which made it as if my cheeks were slimmer. The surgeon is Good.. The nose job was far less than the buccal fat pad removal.
thank god i do plenty of research before doing anything, you should have done way more research on this procedure .. as soon as i realized it will actually make you look older, nooo way .. also who cares if you are cheek are a little chubby at 25, your face will naturally lose fat as you get older, in fact, is that fat that keeps you looking young
I had a similar experience with you. I had the surgery in 2006 but I look very gaunt and hollow with time. The result was fine at first. But the fat loss makes two sides of the face become hollow and I feel myself like a scull.

Now I am missing my face before. I really regret in taking such a risk. I am thinking fat transplant can help rebuild the fat permanently to a certain extent. But fat calcification and cell death are my worries. It sound very terrible when I know the fat may decay and ooze from the pore....full of hesitation and worries. If you are considering buccal fat removal removal, I sincerely say NO.

rfrazar, may I know if fat transplantation works for you? The wrong decision haunts me like ghost, sometimes I wake up in the midnight and could not sleep again when thinking of my future,
I had mine removed like 7-8 years ago and just like you i really regret it every single day, specially when I look myself in the mirror. rfrazar I'm sorry about your experience, I did mine when I was 40, you poor thing are just 25.

Im looking to get the baccal removal. I've done the Botox for the messeteur muscle... Looks great but doesn't last. I have seen the different of the Botox n my face with no enhancements so baccal removal it is.
I got my buccal fat pads removed last week and the swelling has started to subside but my big concern is wheter this procedure will deliver at all . The surgeon who came highly recommended said it should take a few months to see the full results even though when i saw the fat pads they looked small but magnified on camera when i shot them with my i phone so i guess that is the average size . I am contemplating botox fr the masseteur muscle but m not sure how good it really is pls send me some before and after pics so i can get a better idea
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that no one has answered you! I've very seriously considered getting a buccal lipectomy, but I'm only 18, so instead I had lots of botox in my masseters and I love the result. Anyway, back to you.

Have you done anything since you posted this question? I've seen a lot of fat grafts horribly performed, especially when attempting to reverse a buccal lipectomy. Although, I do wonder about re-opening the old surgical site and trying to fill in the buccal space with fat, though...it sounds like a much better idea than trying to inject fat subcutaneously and guessing where it goes. Did you happen to save your buccal fat? Is that even possible? Probably not.

Anyway, I would suggest trying to fill in the space with a temporary Hyalauronic Acid intradermal filler, because if you don't like the results, they can be reversed within 6 weeks instead of...never. If you like the results, I would continue the temporary injections for a few years and then move to a permanent filler. Please let me know how you're doing!