Radiesse & Restylane Cheek Injections! So Far Worth It and a Post-procedure Diary

Hello all! There seems to be a shortage of cheek...

Hello all!

There seems to be a shortage of cheek augmentation reviews, so I decided to add mine and I will update this as I live with my cheek injections.

A few hours ago, I had 1/2 syringe Radiesse in each cheek, right on the cheekbone area, and Restylane in the tear trough of each eye.

I had the procedure because I have a thin face, and the goal of was to broaden my cheekbone area slightly. I am only in my 20's, but have some hollowing under my eyes, which is especially prominent when I smile. I have had other procedures with my Dr., and felt confident having a surgeon preform the injections.

I was very nervous that the procedure might be painful, particularly as my Dr. had explained during a previous appointment/consultation that some of the injections would be against the bone. I was more nervous about this procedure than any other I've had!

I arrived at my Dr.'s office, and while waiting was instructed to hold ice packs to my cheeks to help prevent bruising. Then, my Dr. explained the procedure to me and I was injected with a dental block, which was painless, and local anesthetic at the cheek and under eye injection sites. The local anesthetic shot under my eyes was sharply painful but manageable, though it did make me tear up.

We waited 10 minutes for the anesthetic to work, during this time I was again holding ice packs to my cheek area. The injections themselves were absolutely painless- it was brilliant. I didn't feel a thing. My cheeks were done first, and then my undereye area. The entire procedure (from entering to leaving the office) took 1.5 hours

Immediately after the procedure- it looked great! About 20 minutes later I looked slightly less great as swelling started. Now, a few hours later, I am very pleased with the results. The effect is more dramatic than I anticipated, in a good way. The Radiesse injections make me look like I have slightly higher and larger cheekbones than I naturally do, and the Restylane very nicely fills in the lower margin of my undereye hollows.

I expect these injections to last from 6-9 months, and if I get that sort of longevity I will feel that it was money well spent! I will update this post in a few days as the swelling settles.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. is *excellent*! He is honest, genuinely cares about his patients, a very skilled surgeon, and extremely professional. Highly, highly recommended for any facial plastic surgery work. The office staff are very supportive and friendly as well.

Not much of an update to report- still happy with the results and no problems...
Hi...I am seriously thinking about having the restylane to fill my cheeks out a bit. how long has it lasted so far for you..would love to see pics posted!! Thanks! Diane
Kaila, very interested in getting cheek augmentation with fillers as well as restylane for under the eyes. I've always had a very thin "flat" face and would love to see your results.
Hi all. I went to a plastic surgeon's office to have my cheeks filled and a nurse practitioner did the work. I look terrible, she created bags under my eyes as she used 1/2 syringe on the bone below my eye only and made it bigger which made my eye area sink and bag (or wrinkle) I am so embarrassed. Does anyone know a Dr. in Weston, Fl who will do the work him/herself? Thanks!
Hi Jenna, See Sharon's comments re: doctor- I would highly recommend though! I didn't bruise at all- the injection sites left some very small red marks for about 2 days though
Hi Kaila, Who is the doctor that performed your injections? I have been going back and forth between cheek implants and filler and think I'm going to start off with filler. The doc told me I would need a total of 3 syringes. How long did you bruise for? Thanks!

Hi Jenna,

Doctor information appears above the review for registered users. You must be signed in to view.

Hi kcl84- I'm still very happy with the procedure, now that everything has healed up. My undereye circles, while not gone, are very much improved. I think it's important to have a surgeon do the injections. If you PM me your email, I'm glad to send before and after pics
Hello, I am considering getting cheek aumentation with radiesse. Can you send pictures? Where was your procedure done?
I'm considering cheek augmentation with fillers too...thanks for submitting your review...I'm anxious to hear more from you, I'm also in my 20's and lost weight, now I'm left with flat-looking cheeks and dark eye circles...I used to have really good cheeks when I was abit heavier...anyways enjoy your new cheeks, I will too soon, hopefully. Hope we get to see your before and after pics too!
Well, I'm a day later and still love it- the swelling is gone too, only a few little red specks left from the injection site
read your experience w radiesse for cheeks. very interested in this. thanks for review. is it possible u can send a before and after pic. i am 40 and a mother of five, who would love to look younger. i just did botox. love it. i would really appreciate this. pics that i have seen does not show how much radiesse was used. do u still like it? how long has it lasted?