Facial Damage from Cheek Implants

I had cheek implants placed about two years ago at...

I had cheek implants placed about two years ago at the age of fifty and unfortunately for me the surgeon cut through the periosteum, muscles,and nerves in the left side of my face. For one year we thought I had nerve damage until another surgeon went in and saw the damage.

The muscles are detached from the orbital rim of my face. I can not use my upper lip well and I have no fold from the corner of my mouth to my nose anymore. When I walk, talk, exercise, eat my face spasms and my eye closes and the whole left side of my face contracts. It feels like nothing is attached. If I hold my face up at the orbital rim I can relieve the pain and spasms...but I need my hands to function.

Is there a mask or bandage that os strong enough to hold up facial muscles.? I feel like a staple gun to the right areas would give me my life back. In all seriousness. It hurts. The doctors say the pain I am experiencing is from nerve, muscle, and muscle ligament attachment problems.

I had a great life. I know I can't go back i just want my face not to hurt anynore when I move it. I know that there are doctors out ther that can help me. We can put a human face back on. I just don't know how to find out who these doctors are. can you help? I have the financial resources to go anywhere.

My last surgeon thinks I need a cranio facial guy. Someone experienced in someway of screwing the offending muscles back in place. He tried to do a SAS facelift...the pain and spasms stopped until my face literally fell off of the attachements again.

I don't meean to scare you or complain. I know there are people worst off than me...but I would love my life back. Any info or ideas or suggestions would be most helpful. I look pretty good...my face just doesn't work. Thanks MK

Can anyone make a suggestion...referral?

I wanted to have a small lipoma removed that I was...

I wanted to have a small lipoma removed that I was born with but Dr Gray and I made bigger plans
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

My last surgeon is a wonderful compassionate, caring human being. He tried to put me back together but he admits that he does not have the skills to do it. i need more help. Craniofacial help he thinks. I love and trust this doctor...but I am not your straightforward cosmetic surgery patient.

Updated on 31 Aug 2011:
Dr Gray completely destroyed my face with a lipoma removal in my neck and cheek implants. he chopped up the muscles in my neck and also completely destriyed the muscles around my eyes, cheeks, temples, mouth and jaw. Dr gray absolutely butcheed me. I m still in shock that something like this can happen to a patient of a board certifird surgeon.