Safety & Removal of Silicone Butt Injections?

Ok here is my story: In 2004 I got 800 cc or...

Ok here is my story: In 2004 I got 800 cc or slightly less of medical grade silicone injected into my buttocks & again in 2005 I got another 800 cc or slightly less injected into my buttocks once again, by the same woman, illegally. I only allowed her to inject me in the middle part of the buttocks into the inner cheek area because I already have enough hips, only wanted that “bubble effect” and thought in case it spreads, I would be giving it some room to spread.

I realize what a complete idiot I am for doing this and taking such a chance with my body. I should have researched it way more back then but, the thing is, a lot of women I personally know had already gotten it done & loved the results. When I went for the shots, the woman administering them told me I could always have liposuction if I felt I wanted to remove it, so this is what made me say ok & get it done. So, I have to say, it does look nice (even 5 years later) and I feel very fortunate to report I don’t have any problems with it.

The biggest problem I have is my right inner cheek is ever so slightly harder than the left & I have been massaging it here & there to hopefully break that up. As I am getting older now, smarter (because today I would never do this crap to my body!) and thinking of trying to become pregnant within the next few months I am plagued with worries. I have been having anxiety attacks & sleepless nights worrying about what problems I may face in the future.

If any of you wonderful plastic surgeons that take your time out to answer questions here could answer a few of mine it would be greatly appreciated!

1) Some doctors say yes & a lot say no…once and for all, is silicone butt injections removable if need be?

2) Will silicone butt injections affect my fetus if I get pregnant?

3) Is it possible to have silicone butt injections liposuctioned out, or at the very least some of it?

4) Where exactly is it injected, into the tissues or into the muscle? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a lot of confusion on this amongst my friends who have already had it done.

5) If I were going to have a serious issue with it, would it have already happened by now most likely?

6) What type of future problems should I look out for or may be a possibility?

7) I have heard of one girl I knew years ago that got “Biogel” in Columbia & had problems within a month when she got back into the states. They say she had it “scraped out”. Is that what they do? “Scrape” it out?

8) Are there being studies/ and or medical advances currently under way to find a method of removal for silicone butt injections?

9) I have read about embolisms and silicone getting into the lungs. Is this something that can happen to me at any given time, would it happen or would it have already happened to me by now?

10) Is it best to “massage” an area that seems to be hardening up a little?

11) Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon in the New York City area that would have experience with this for me to speak with further?

I located a Dr in Manhattan who says he can lipo the silicone out while your awake. However $10,500.00 seems a little un realistic along with him telling me I cannot finance the procedure cause they charge him 20%.
Silicone granulomas can not be liposuctioned. I have seen silicone oil (Commercial Lubricant), where it forms cysts of silicone, with intense inflammatory reaction that can not be removed completely with surgical excision, and surely not with liposuction. Surgery can remove the majority of the silicone but never all the silicone. surgery or liposuction will leave a major deformity of the buttocks, that will need fat transfer to correct at a later stage. So you are looking for at least two surgeries. For financing you can go to www.carecredit.com
Excision is the only way? Not lipo? Lipo is not removing any if the silicone at all? When you mention surgery you are solely referring to "excision"? Excision is when the plastic surgeons opens up the area via a cut vs a hole when you do liposuction. Excision the surgeon reached a deeper layer and the removal is isolated? Can you suture soft tissue? This are is more prone to infection with surgery? The major deformity would be a carved buttocks? I went to several plastic surgeons and there conservative approach is lipo sessions under local... I am on my way to FL to see what Dr. Gallarani is talking about relative to a removal. The silicone has to come out because it is causing more harm by staying in your body! I'm hearing plastic surgeons say watchful waiting but what is the risk over benefit with the person being healthy vs the deformity. The federal government must get involved with this and the harm it has done to so many people. They should put task force in place to get these people off the street. As soon as one hear hydrogel they are thinking something water base and can come out or dissolve out the body. Once the federal government get more involved then the plastic surgeons will look at this as a medical problem that will cause harm like a disease process then a cosmetic procedure. It's not. You go to the hospital they will debreid your buttocks with deformity. You go to a plastic surgeon they will carve your buttocks! I don't know however there has to be plastic surgeons focusing on the population who has done this as well and usually uneducated, young, the item was introduced in a spa! Silicone, hydrogel all the same thing! You have plastic surgeons out here taking money from the community and not caring. Knowing that this is not the right way!
Hello Dr. I am reviewing this post a little late. My wife got injcted with solicones in her butt are 5 years ago and have a red color in her butt, also pain. She tried to have a alser removal procedure and it dint work well. Do you know of any Dr. anywhere in the US who have succesfully removed this substance. Thanks
Ms. Lovelesslove I hope you will not have any problems with the injected silicone. The silicone injected was not medical grade, and will form granulomas. If these granulomas are deep then you may not feel them They most probably have bacteria in them, hopefully these bacteria is walled off and cause no problems. I believe you can have fat transfer to the buttocks. However I would be a little worried that the fat can get infected while the process of healing and the grat is taking. You and your doctor may want to have an MRI to see where the silicone is. This will be a guide. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will heal without any problem.
my kuddos to u for your sincerity your understanding n your positive input towards others
I had my butt done a complete mess! Now I need someone to fix its round and hard on top and flat on the bottom I don't know who I can to fill in the bottom do u know of anyone? I would hate to get more bad stuff help!
Silicone Injections and Hydrogell Injections. Samir Shureih MD. FACS. Baltimore, Maryland. Buttock enlargement is becoming a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. There are several well established surgical procedures that can safely accomplish that. These include the Brazilian Buttock lift, Dermis Fat graft, and Buttock Implants. Some people have taken advantage of this trend and use illegal, unsafe injections of non medical grade Silicone, silicone oil and Hydrogell. Silicone injection to the buttocks and other areas in the body are common underground illegal procedures. The silicone used is industrial grade silicone bought from your friendly hardware store or silicone oil used as a lubricant. This type of silicone is not pure and contains many other substances. It is not a Medical Grade Silicone, if medical grade silicone was to be used for buttock enhancement; it will be very expensive and not medically approved. The body reacts to the foreign material by forming SILICONE GRANULOMAS; these granulomas can be felt as hard lumps, sometimes very painful. When injected near vital structures like nerves the granulomas entrap the nerve and cause pain, burning sensations, this can not be removed without destroying or injuring the nerves, which in turn can be an be tragic if the nerve is an important motor or sensory nerve. Silicone can MIGRATE beyond the injection site, and can migrate to involve regional lymph nodes. This will cause long term swelling. If the reaction is intense and causing problems, then diluted steroid injection can decrease the inflammatory process. However the steroid injections can carry a certain amount of risks as well. The steroid injections can dissolve the normal fat. Treatment of silicone granulomas is very difficult and complex. Silicone can spread in the surrounding tissue, which makes it impossible to be totally removed. Silicone oil can cause oil cysts with severe inflammatory reaction by the body. Removing the silicone granulomas leaves scars and deformities. When attempts are made to remove it from the buttocks, it is never a complete removal and will lead to major DEFORMITIES. If the granulomas are near or engulfing a major nerve or blood vessel it can be very hazardous and complex surgery with potential for major risks. The UNDERGROUND silicone injectors have graduated to injecting HYDROGEL. It is as hazardous as Silicone injections and gives a similar granuloma reaction. All these materials when injected (PUMPING PARTIES) lead to disastrous long term complications. Most of the time the injections are above the muscle and are under the skin or within the fat. It is rare to be injected deep into the muscle. In the face it is much common for the silicone to be in the muscles of the face because of the closeness of the muscles to the skin. The major nerves are also very close and the silicone can wrap around the nerves. This makes the surgical removal very risky to impossible. Liposuction can remove some of the oil cysts but will not remove the granulomas. Silicone granulomas have to be removed surgically. Even laser liposuction, ultrasound liposuction will not remove silicone granulomas. It is very difficult to know what material was injected before any attempt to remove it. Plastic surgeons are familiar with the reaction to silicone injections and the difficulty in removing it and the subsequent major deformity left behind. That is why patients and surgeons are reluctant to take on these cases. When silicone is injected close to the skin, the skin will look like an orange peel appearance and attempts to remove it will jeopardize the skin vascular supply and can cause the skin to die. Removing large deep lumps ( Hard granulomas) will cause depressions and deformities that is very difficult to repair and may require long surgeries. These deformities are very difficult to repair and may require multiple surgeries. That is why these surgeries are very expensive. Not because of greedy plastic surgeons. When the lymph nodes are invaded by silicone the lymph nodes are blocked and cause chronic edema. One cannot remove lymph nodes. Chronic reaction to the injected silicone can cause hyper pigmentation changes in the skin that is irreversible, and impossible to treat.
Hello Sexxydanialla What you may need is a combination of liposuction of the shelf effect if you do not like it and a fat transfer to the lower buttocks to give you a round shapely buttock
Thank you! Now one more question what if you don't have any fat to transfer ? I'm 5.8 160 very athletic
Hello Sexxydaniella If you are not having any problem, you do not need to do anything. Hopfully you will have no problems.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!
I wanted to know by any chance can I remove the silicone in my butt area and replace it with butt implants? I also have a bad discoloration to the butt area I went tanning and burn my self.. If you like I can send you some pics PLEASE!!! Help me what can I do to have a normal butt again.. Thank you Aurora
Great info. Thank you.
thatsrightit would be more expensive to try ti repairdamaged done bysicone n gels than getting it done by acertified health profezsional utilizing fda approved material
Samir Shureih, MD I have silicone injected in my butt a few years back. i have not had any problem as of yet. but i found out later i made a BIG mistake by doing it(but no)
I have silicone injected in my butt a few years back. i have not had any problem as of yet. but i found out later i made a BIG mistake by doing it(but there’s no point crying over spill milk, what done is done) after months of research I have decided to do a BBL in the next few months. But I was wondering would this be a bad ideal sense I have already did the injections before? Would this be a risk for me? Or am I better off leaving my booty alone sense I haven’t had any problem, and it would decrease any chances with problems. Please advised me or any information you may know of
There is no safe buttock injections for butt enhancement that is safe and proven except fat transfer or Brazilian Butt Lift.
Hydrogel, polyacryamide has been tried as alternative, but the reports show significant reaction by the body. Although have seen some mexican doctors advertise the use of polyacrylamide, it is not safe and not approved. These people prey on ladied (mostly) and use unapproved materials just for the money and because most people are cost sensitive and tend to want a cheap method to achieve the results they want. But the long term of these material can be dangerous and will cost you more to treat and remove the harmful materials. Better to work with your plastic surgeon in the US who uses proven methods and can work with you to make it affordable.
wow i was thinking about pumping biogel but after all how im gonna now what id injected i changed my mind rounder bigger buttockss and risk my life for having them nooo i have kids that need me and a family that loves me Im sorry for those that are suffering for a mistake and beg God that you can find a dolution and live a healthy life. thanks for sharing your stories Good luck
Vanity the price of life? Apparently to some, yes. To those who where not aware of the consequences you can be sympathetic for. But for those of YOU who r just are ignorant because u want to be is just pathetic.
Wow for those of you who still want the procedure done,do u not value ur life?? I assume y'all are young and to be honest quite stupid! Have you not read the samething I've read? Wow. Sorry to say if you still want work done after all that has been said you deserve any complications you get..This world is in trouble.Wow

pleaseee email me info!

could you email me please...i would like the procedure done...
Well first of all i'd like to say, if you're a transsexual, make sure you're positively sure about your transition, because once you get silicone it's very hard to remove.
Speaking from experience, i had work done, i had my chin, cheeks, hips and butt done, However the work was fine, i never had any problems since Ive got them, besides minor pain that comes and goes in the beginning but that's because your body is trying to heal it's self, with any type of surgical procedure, recovery time is necessary. Ive had the work done 6 years now, and still have no problems with it, or with the appearance, nothing is wrong, i understand that this is a dangerous procedure, but any procedure you do is very dangerous, You really need to know the person that is doing it, research him, and ask your friends if they have gotten it done, so you know what to expect, i understand that some transexuals are not financially secure, and this is the only way for them because of greedy cosmetic surgeons that charge you an arm and a leg to become who you are, and the governments do not recognize transgender people so you get no help with your transition, and your family in most cases have disowned you, so silicone injections are the only way, just be careful and know who's injecting you, once you get injected, do not go over board because you want to be more fem, going over board will make you look like a blow fish and unlike plastic surgeon augmentation, there is no control over the silicone, it's not contained, so you could develop extra scar tissue more than you need and that will make you look disproportionate, so remember less is more, for cheeks, get pumped TWICE ONLY, trust me, again speaking from experience, i went 4 times, your hips you can do up to 4 times, and make sure you tell him , i want a natural look, because you have to be realistic about what you're doing and what you're putting your body through. for my butt i only did it once, and that was enough for me, because your body loses and puts on fat, and as your body goes up and down in size that can cause dents in your ass, i think if you want it to be proportionate with your hips, you should do it once to fill in gaps, but nothing more, my personal opinion. As for injections for the chin, i do not recommend at all, the area will always stay red, not matter how little or how much you put in there, you're better off going to a plastic surgeon and get chin augmentation. that costs about 2500 -3500 depends how greedy your plastic surgeon is, but girls come on now, when there's a will, there's a way *wink* Ok o now i come to, WHEN YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE SILICONE INJECTIONS (speaking from experience) Although i was happy with almost all my work, i was not happy with my chin, i injected too much being naive that it will change my appearance, but like i said earlier, the scar tissue my body produced was too much, so my chin protruded outwards and i looked like a witch, very disproportionate, but it didn't look bad, the things was my old chin was better, i guess you don't know what you got till it's gone, so i wanted to get it fixed after having it for some time, i posted questions on how to remove it on here, and asked different doctors, they all gave me the same answers and scared the shit out of me, " you're in trouble, it's going to get infected, there is no way to remove it, it's very difficult" blah blah blah, nobody was telling me what i needed to know, just lecturing me, i'm going to add that i'm a transexual, and i know many many other transexuals that have and silicone injections for more than 30 years, only one of them that i know of has had problems because she got over pumped so to speak, and she got her breasts injected, which i don't recommend, even i was not that stupid, but what im trying to say is, IF YOU HAVE THEM AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS, DONT SCARE YOUR SELF IN TO THINKING YOU'RE EVER GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS,MOT LIKELY YOU WILL BE FINE - anyway i finally got a doctor to remove the silicone injections from my chin and cheeks, there's nothing wrong with them, i'm not infected, i don't have complications, i just want a different look, i liked my old look better, and i'm thinking of transitioning back, it can be done, we as humans can do anything and everything we want, so i will not let anything set me back on what i feel is right for me, anyway i got the surgery on my chin, it was local anesthesia, it took about 45 min to 1 hour, he got most of it out, stitched me, i have a scar underneath my chin, but it doesn't show and i can get it taken care of with a laser later on at my own convenience, it doesn't show, my chin is taking a little longer to heal, i still don't have all my sensation in my chin, but it looks 100% better, not perfect yet, but i still need time to heal, each body is different, it's been 3 months, i have no redness, no bruising it's all healed, i just have a little bit of swelling and with time me and my doctor think it will heal, i will never get my original chin back, but i will get one that closely resembles it's diameter. I will be getting the silicone removed from my cheek later on this month (may 2011) i will re-post what happens with that, but silicone removal is possible, you just need to find a more experienced plastic surgeon that is willing to actually help somebody instead of scaring and lecturing poor people that know they made a mistake but are reaching out for support. If you ask me, would you get silicone injections again, i would say, for the duration that i had the injections, it did transform me, and the injections served their purpose, without me having my look, my big hips, my augmented looking cheeks, and the cleft on my chin that was erased after the injections, i don't think i would of gotten this far and had the life experiences i did, So i don't regret them, but i would not do them again only fopr the mere fact that if i wanted it removed, like i do now, it's complicated, and you could be deformed after removing it, the doctor really needs to know what he's doing, it would help if you had an MRI before going to consult with a doctor, with an MRI, it's more likely that he will take your case, because he can see exactly where the silicone is injected, now if you're having now complications and like your look and you have nothing wrong with your face, don't unnessarly go get it removed because a doctor says it's gonna get infected, yeah maybe it will, but theres a great chance it wont like so many other happy people that have gotten it done and are happy, don't make any mistakes, i am not deformed, i have no complications, for 6 years i have to emphasize on that, i just want a different look, that's all, my chin surgery was a success, I'm just sharing my personal experiences and information in hope that it may help somebody else that is worrying about this, if you're fine now, you will be fine later, just be a good person, and have faith, you'll be fine. and remember i don't recommend silicone, but if you wanna get it done, go for it, but be cautious and smart about it. love and peace

thank u girl33635 that made me feel so much better. i need my cheeks n lips removed i found out the girl who pumped me didnt use medical grade so i want it removed . it scares me but u gave me hope i will be looking for a doctor this month n wish u all the best please email me xxx@yahoo.com i'm Erica I love to know how you! n more information on this matter God bless u