Bulge After Tummy Tuck - I Don't Know What's Wrong

I have a great Tummy Tuck experience. I had only...

I have a great Tummy Tuck experience. I had only positive results. I only have one complete, I still have a large bulge. I started out with a very large extended tummy, with some loose skin.

I now have no loose skin, but when I realaxe my tummy muscles I have that bulge.

Any help would be great. This picture was taken at two months. I know ave a larger bulge.

I had a tummy tuck done on April 14, 2009. I have had a great recover. Not too much pain. I'm now three months out and still have a large bulging tummy. I look about 4-6 month pregnent. I just don't have the extra skin anymore. My PS doesn't know what is wrong. He fixed a 10cm gap, and saids that I may have bladder and bowel problems if he goes tighter. What could it be?

He was very good at what he does

I know this post is rather old but perhaps the ps used dissolving stitches instead of permanent ones. And they dissolved before your tummy had a chance to fully heal together. So, id guess you need to find one that will use permanent sutures. Just a guess on my part.... good luck everyone. Hope it works out.
Hi All, I had a TT Feb.'11 and my stomach (below bellybutton) is STILL ROUNDED! What's with that? I've waited and just will NOT go flat! I had a HARD time with surgery in that it took me at least three months to get past lot of swelling -- PS said it was my age (62 then), but I've been on strict exercise regime and serious dieting. I'm loosing ok but just not in stomach. I swear, I'm doing 120 sit ups a day, wouldn't you think I could see a difference? Above BB I have a small pooch. I'm just sick over this and can NOT get in to PS or even surgical nurse to get any idea what's going on.
Does ANYONE KNOW?? Any suggestions or ideas??
Thx,
Gina
Hello everyone! I had my full tt july 27th 2011. So yeah, just about 3 weeks ago. The steri strip doc used over my cut caused me a severe allergic reaction. Red and swelling and even looked deformed. Also had breast augm and same thing happened in the areola section (alergic reaction). Can anyone tell me aside of itching creams what i can put to make redness and that bulge go away from around incisions both of tt and breast augm? Oh and am i supposed to suck in stomach muscles right mow or is the gurtle enough? Thanks so much.
hi i need some help i had a tummy tuck, and a revison done. very unhappy after a year i have a bulge and to top it off md left some stiches that don't come of and they are starting to hurt and puss is coming out of one of them.I have not been back to my md because it's in another state,not sure if another md is going to want to finish where he left of.....
Hey rack's, I don't have the money to go to other PS's to see if there is anything to do. I didn't need libo, and I don't need to loss weight.... I'm just so mad. I keep saying to myself I should go back to him and let him have another look. I'm just scared he will brush me off... paperdall50, well, I am sorry your ftt didn`t work out either... I wish I had some advice for you. It`s to bad your PS doing your breast couldn`t have a look while you are under. It`s been almost a year and a half, and I am getting use to this look. I do look great in a bathing suit, even if I do have to suck it in a little. I look even better in clothing. I do find that throught out the day, as I eat, my tummy gets bigger and harder to suck in.
Hello Ladies I'm n the Detroit Mich. Area and I too have the same issue I had a ftt with lip of my flanks on Feb. 25 it is now Sept and I still have a bulge as if I am about 3 months pregnant as well as some loose skin, I am so disappointed I have had 2 consultation both of which said there should have been more lipo and tightening my ps keeps saying I need to loose about 10 or 15 PBS I've already lost 15 since the surgery and I exercise regulary I would have to be on a starvation diet in order to comply I am scheduled for a breast reduction with a different ps in 2 wks he say I could do a revision i1 ye post op but I don't want to keep going under.... Any advice? Thanks Paperdoll.
Thanks Paperdoll. I too live in Detroit and had two tummy tuck with the same Dr. The second being a revision tummy tuck. I am facing the same issue, my tummy over the navel area appears bulged and when I relax my muscles it appears I am 3-4 months pregnant. I would suggest don't get a revision tummy tuck especially with the same Dr. My Dr. is well known in Farmington Hills area. Wonder what went wrong. But, when I question her she explains that she did suture the area quite tight. I am six months post-op and feeling very disappointed and frustrated. I wasn't very big to begin with. I am 5 ft 2 and weigh 120 lbs. Please share your stories girls. Thanks.
Hi jlf4343: How is it going...i meant to get a feed back from u about the same issue u have as i do. What the latest...have u gone to any consults yet? We ladies have to go through so much after trying to enchance just a little to feel better about ourselves its such a sad and stressful situation. let me hear from u soon. all the best.
Hello I am 3months post op from tt and am having the same issues when I bend I still have hanging skin relaxed I look aboutn 3-4 months pregnant when I push out wow and when I sit there is a significant bulge over my pants if I suck in I am some what flat the excess skin is gone but I am bulging some say that I am still swollen but disagree I am hesitant to say aloud that I've had a tt, anyone experiencing this what did you do?
Hi, I really don't have any advice, and I hate to say this, you are only 3 months po. However, I do believe you still have an issue though. Swelling behaves differently. When you bend over and relax your tummy what happen? I will tell you what you should not see. You should not see oh how do I describe this… it hangs funny, your tummy skin will kind of go in and make a bridge sort of... Lay on your side, does you tummy cave in and lay on the bed with you? These things should not happen.
Do you still have swelling. How long we're your drains in for?
Hi JFL, thanks for answering me back. I had felt the same way too and was doing the same suck in stomach until i got really tired of it thats when i decide to seek a few consults. Of course i am scared but i went through the first and hoping for the best on the second time around. There is no harm in getting second or third or even fourth opinion to see what could have happened. So give it a try a mean consults and hear opinions. Which area are you in i am in NY. I will surely keep you posted as to what happen i am up for the first week of July, so we will see. xoxo
I wish I could get a few more consults, but each one cost $150 each. So that is not an option for me. I live in Southern Ontario. Jen
Hi unjust wondering whatever happened with a possible revision I'm in Ontario too and am five months po. If I don't suck in my belly I look just like your picture above. So disappointed. I had a panculetomy, MR, and HR My surgeon said at the one year po I am to go in and see about revisions which he said is free. I'm sick of looking pregnant after a tt. Was there a solution for you besides starving yourself? Lorie in Ontario Canada
Hi JLF, even though your post is from last year i would still like to know the outcome of what happen wiyh the problems you have after tt and binding.. My reason is i did a ftt with a binding June 2009 and i have the exact problem that you have i look about 3-4mths pregnant and it goes no where. I did 4 consults and after examination all concluded i have lax muscle(not enough tightening. When i bend over like to do a dive i have a hammock hanging, when i relax i look 3-4mths pregnant, when push out WOW!!, pull in flat as a pancake, i am looking to do a revision but not with the same surgeon. Did you do a revision i would really love to hear from you.
Hi, to tell you the truth, I have not gone very far with it. I'm use to sucking in my tummy. I keep saying to myself that I should make an appointment with the surgon, but I'm kind of scared. He said he pulled my muscles over 10cm... so I'm not sure what else he can do.
Dear jlf4343, The pictures you posted APPEAR to be reversed. Since they will not blow up when clicked on, I cannot tell with certitude BUT the one with you in the blue top appears to be the post-op picture (there appears to be a scar there). IF this IS the case, your result is not great but is not horrible since there is no telling just how much of a muscle separation you had before surgery. One way to show muscle laxity is to be photographed from the sides bending over with the tummy RELAXED as if you were about to dive in a pull. Muscle laxity appears like a loaded hammock. Regarding the comment "He fixed a 10cm gap, and saids that I may have bladder and bowel problems if he goes tighter". My colleagues and I repair these defects ALL the time. IF the fascia lining the muscle is strong, the sutures will hold and such repairs are possible. With tight repairs, although women complain of tummy tightness for a few weeks and those with esophageal reflux and urinary stress incontinence may find that these worsened (due to increased tummy pressure) - these symptoms usually resolve. In my experiences, giving women such as you a TOTALLY flat tummy with an hourglass figure SHOULD be the goalin every case, otherwise might as well do a panniculectomy or a mini tummy tuck - both of which invariably produce worse results WITHOUT the risks. IF your result cannot be explained by disruption of the midline suture AFTER the repair, I can only GUESS that the plication repair MAY not have been as tight as you would have liked it to be. If this was the case, another operation would be needed once the swelling and unflammation have resolved. Hope this answered your question. Dr. Peter Aldea

Dr. Aldea, Thank you very much for your response, I have an account for another message board that have much better pictures. Would you mind taking a look there? I just bent over, and just let it all hang out. I am puffier near my ribs, but I do have a hammock from my BB down. So what you are saying is that I should have been pulled much tighter? If I were your patient would this be considered a revision, and I would I have to have the operation all over again with me fully cut open? {edited}

Edited by Sharon: Please share links to third-party sites via private contact.
talk to your plastic surgeon about ab suture but you haveto be cut on again
Do you think it could be swelling or are you past that?