Brownish Ring Under Eyes After Fraxel Laser

I received one of three scheduled fraxel laser...

I received one of three scheduled fraxel laser treatments to tighten skin under eyes 3 weeks ago along with some other surgical procedures (rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, fat transfers to cheeks & NLFs).

Now I have light brownish circles under my eyes sligtly reaching the upper part of my cheeks. They also cover the inside corners of my eyes, and slightly on the edge of my upper eyelids. I've always suffered from dark circles around my eyes, but this is worse than what I originally had!

My plastic surgeon does not know why this happened. He has prescribed Tri-Luma for this. I haven't used it yet, I'm afraid because the area is still quiet dry and slightly peeling, even 3 weeks later.

I want to know if Tri-Luma will work in getting rid of brown circles caused after the Fraxel laser treatment? If not, what else can I try to lighten or get rid of them?

Recommend for rhinoplasty & blepharoplasty.

Without seeing this all I might suggest is a filler, fat transfer or dermablend cosmetic to hide this.Maybe the skin is loose under your eyes and a lower lift to pull/remove the skin and alleviate the shadow and damage?? My Fraxel black eyes lasted for a long time but eventually resolved. Maybe youll have to go for these injections to keep you from being depressed? Go to a top cosmetic dermatologist or PS. Id ask the doctor for your before and after pics and take action against Palamor. Best of luck in resolving this awful result. Post as news develops.
I had Polamar fractional laser done over 1 1/2 years ago. I never had dark circles under my eyes, but after the procedure, my skin appears to have sunken in under my eyes forming a dark ridge. It looks horrible and has added 10 years to my look. I returned to the doctor and was told they don't know what caused it and they supposedly contacted Palamor and were told, "we've never heard of anyone developing this." In other words, too-bad, so sad. The doctor suggested injections but I declined because this is not an expense or procedure I want to incur for the rest of my life. Family and friends have noticed the change in my appearance and I am tired of fielding questions from people asking if, "everything OK at home?" I have tried concoctions that are supposed to alleviate the dark circles and none have worked because it's the deep ridge that's formed under the eye socket that's caused the dark color. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Also, after reading all of these horror stories about fraxel restor....I'm feeling very nervous. I've done 3 treatments and see great improvement in my skin overall (except for the rings around my eyes) but I'm concerned that a year or so from now I may have some serious side effects. Is there anyone that has not experienced side effects a year or so post fraxel restor?
I personally had no long term traumas from my fraxel.As I previously posted I had brown raccoon eyes that finally went away.
Had the same thing from fraxel- took forever to fade. Dont do fraxel here unless you want brown under ur eyes. So glad I read this because I was going to go it done again because I thought it was from microderm peel. Thanks for posting and saving me. The dermatogist said it wasnt the fraxel but it WAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Vicki
Hi vicki, I am also experiencing brownish red rings around my eyes after 3 fraxel treatments...you said that yours did eventually heal? that's reassuring. how long did it take. I'm 3 weeks after my 3rd treatment and everything has healed accept for those rings..it looks awful!
4617Anon

Did your brown rings ever fade? Did you use anything? Thanks!
You know.... Im actually considering doing my whole face (sun damage)done.YES the rings faded but it took a long time, and alot of concealer. Id like to do my face first before the chest BUT I will not let her do around my eyes. Too traumatic/those memories. I think I may have been given a bleaching cream to help them diminish. Are you having issues? Did you have your whole face done? If so please advise on your experience.
I had my last treatment in June and they are still pretty dark especially under one eye at SIX MONTHS. I am fairly lite skinned. What about the white bumps - did you get Fraxel for the bumps or did you get bumps from the Fraxel? I have white bumps as well along the hyperpigmented pattern.
Well, as time passes, I am noticing that the brownish is not so much "brown" as it seems to be circles under the eyes due to the fat having been removed from the lower blepharoplasty. I've always had circles, but these are a little bit worse. I haven't done any treatments - I'm going to give myself a bit more time, since I still have some slight bruising on my cheeks.
Have you had any luck with treatment. I am still suffering. Depressed about not being able to swim with kids b/c make-up will come off. Camping with friends I was so self concious. I am desperately seeking help for this.
thank you for your help. what are visia pics and why do you not recommend IPL to treat the hyperpigmentation???
Do not do IPL after this treatment...If you don't have to use Triluma don't it can thin skin as it has a steroid in it...It's for spot treating not long term use... See if you can get visia pics it might give you a better idea of whats happening..Veins vs Skin
I had the exact same thing happen as well. It is hyperpigmentation - prone in women with who are not fair in complexion. It has been horrible. Now my makeup looks uneven and it creates a shadow effect as if I have a black eye healing. I have used Tri-luma and hydroquoinine for over 4 months now with no resolve. I am interested in IPL to see if it could remove the pigmentation problems but am concerned about outcome after having been treated with Fraxel repair. Also, the crepey texture of the skin under my eyes has returned. I am looking for the same help.
Wow! That's not encouraging. I am not fair skinned, I'm more like a light olive skin tone. The doctor told me it was not hyperpigmentation and also said that it wouldn't be permanent. I hope he's right! Right now, at 3.5 weeks, there seems to be a slight lightening of the brownish discoloration compared to last week. I'm not using Tri-Luma yet, I'm trying to give my skin time to finish healing - there is some very light peeling still. This peeling does not let the make-up flow smoothly and causes clumping of the concealer - which makes it look worse. I ordered "Dermablend" foundation which is supposed to help hide scars, bruises, burns. Hope it does!
Im saying OMG because I had those dk circles after Fraxel and thought it was from a microdermabrasion. I blamed the wrong dr.!!! I am scheduled to return tomo to have to done again. I have little white bumps under my skin under the eye. Now Ive got to ask for another solution because I will NOT go thru that again. Eventually went away BUT it wasnt a good situation.Thanks to your post you have saved me from the terror of going thru that againl I thank you greatly.
Dark gray/black raccoon lines/circles under the eye post fraxel are from fat loss and loosened connective tissue between cheek and under eye area. The swelling and trauma and heat, melt or stretch out the connective proteins. Hyperpigmentation should resolve over lots of time (years) if you stay out of the sun. All those topicals they give you are considered toxic and have rebound effects. You can look up the ingredients on the EPA or Safe Cosmetics Database or via the chemical data sheets online.