Stitch Abcesses After Breast Lift Surgery

The reason I did it was that my breast were...

The reason I did it was that my breast were sagging to low. I am just worried about this recovery period and getting these wounds closed up.

I have two openings, one on each breast. I am in my 4th week after breast lift surgery. My question is what to do with these openings? Leave them alone? try to close them with a tape and neosporin? thank you for your response!

1993 breast reduction went beautifully, fast forward 20 years to 2013 June breast lift for 36DD breasts , had same problem on one breast, did not close for many months. I became irritated from tape, liked Telfa bandages purchased in 100 ct pack from Amazon for under $15. Doctor did scar revision 2014 July/last week, also removed some fat necrosis. Best wishes to you.
Hey i had the same problem. I used sanitary pads inside my bra, so the weeping fluid wouldn't stick. I didn't use too much antibiotic cream as mine wasn't infected. Try the pads though, seriously after 2 days or so my wounds started to scab over because I wasn't continuously ripping the wound more with bra changes or dressing changes. Plus it doesn't hurt when you are out and about and you get the extra padding/protection from the sanitary pad. Good luck hun
Go to your dr and tell them you have an infection so that they can treat this asap.
Isn't your plastic surgeon suppose to take care of this? I would think he would be responsible for you until you are healed.
I had a breast reductionin June 2013, bad infection complications, had a debridement and irrigation November 22nd and Novemer 18th and still have fluid coming from a small area between two stitches. Any suggestions? I was told to take Arnica has anyone heard of that. Please help!!
If you want to talk PM me I had this problem and I was able to heal it on my own and it looks amazing now you can hardly see the scar :) took a while and its a process for sure. Hang tough
Ooh that's good to hear ... Mines actually closed but, I would love to know how and what you did to help your scares heal up ... Thank you
Hi I have had the surgery 3 weeks ago and after 2 weeks I had a button hole open up at the bottom of the breast like the picture of this ladies. How did you manage to heal yours?
I had this same issue with one of my breast and I followed up with my doctor... Whom told me to keep the wound clean and keep putting neosporin on the wound... The wound closed and I'm perfectly fine
how long did it take im 4 weeks post op I keep putting on polysporin or vitamin e cream on and then they soften up so then I get scared and go a few days to dry them up. not sure what to do. will I ever heal?
How long in total did it take to heal?
Hi, I don't know if this helps anyone, but I had 2 openings occur 3 mos post op, which, my Dr said, was unusually late in healing for this to happen. I was scared & worried the implant would begin to show as the wound got bigger! But the wound got about 1/2 " diameter (it was roundish in shape & along the BA Lift incision under the nipple, & along the bottom incision of the same breast) then in about 5 days, they did close over w continually applying neosporin type ointment & bandage placed inside of my bra cup. Worked great! I hope this helps.
Hi Dallaslove, My friend had a similar situation a few years back! It was traumatic to say the least. She wants to go for corrective surgery as she as horrible scars. What was the final diagnosis stitch absess? And, how did you resolve the issue.
Lady, get real, this Dr. did not complete his job. You need to demand he complete his work! This is totally unaccepatable
I do not think any Dr. will be replying your post due liability. Go to the surgeon and he should be directing you what to do.
yes, please go back to the surgeon.
I would definately not leave it I would either contact the surgeon who originally performed the surgery or seek a second opinion straight away.

Hi Dallaslove,

I would suggest that you contact the surgeon who performed your breast lift.

He/she should follow-up with you to treat any post-op problems like this.  You definitely shouldn't have to try to patch yourself up alone!

the above link you suggested doesnt answer my questions..sorry

This related question from another RealSelf user with the same problem might help: Stitch abscess after Breast augmentation?

Hope you're feeling better soon and good luck with your recovery.