Extremely Painful Recovery but Totally Worth It! - Denton,TX

I had a breast lift and augmentation done 4 weeks...

I had a breast lift and augmentation done 4 weeks ago today and am really happy with the results!

I made sure I trusted my surgeon and did everything he said to prepare for and recover from the surgery. It was painful- I won't pretend for a minute this was easy, but I'm already telling that my profile is so much improved it's more than worth it, when you have a good surgeon.

I'd recommend my Dr. to anyone. I have to drive 2 hours to get to him, but he's worth traveling for........ And no, I'm not given a bonus for referrals! ;-)

A year ago, in May of 2010, I did indeed have a...

A year ago, in May of 2010, I did indeed have a contracture revision done. Since I had lost about 30 pounds since the initial surgery and had some loose skin in my breasts from it, he went ahead and also took out the excess skin, kinda giving me a mini-lift. In hindsight, I wish I'd of had him swap the salines out for gels at the time because when I am very lean ripples are visible under the skin. But I was being cheap at the time and didn't want to spend the extra thousand or so for gel implants. I am now a 34DD, and like them better than ever!

Denton Plastic Surgeon

Not only is he extremely skilled, but he has a wonderful bedside manner, answers questions patiently and thoroughly, and has a wonderful staff and terrific little hospital he uses. He respected and supported my wishes for saline over the muscle (not the popular choice these days, it seems), and a natural slant to my upper breasts. The only way it could be more pleasant is if it didn't hurt!

you look fantastic,
How are your scars? So many women worry about that and I don't see many post 2+ years post-op. I'm 3 months out and they are getting better every day so happy I did it! You look amazing!
They look pretty good. I had intended on doing a years-later update, but keep forgetting. The impressive part of my healing, for me, isn't so much the scars, which have faded greatly (the vertical one from areola to lower incision is almost invisible, and there never were scars around the areola), but the actual condition of my breasts in general- They are still high and look great! My concern was that they would sag with the weight of the implant due to the fact that they are over the muscle by now. But 4 years later they are still nice and perky.
You look amazing! I have friends with SILICONE that have ripples, too..so its not a guarantee that you will not have them with silicone.
Thank you for telling me that, Karen! Makes me feel a lot better. 2 1/2 years later I am STILL thrilled I got this done. Would recommend Dr. Coffey to anybody.
You look great! This is exactly the look I want with my BL/BA! How many cc's do you have?
Thank you very much! They are 400CC. I talk about it in a reply above, if you want more detail.
Thank you, Kimmers! Saline worked GREAT (nice and firm!) until I lost the breast fat. It's still a good option if you have some fat in your breasts naturally. Even my surgeon was surprised by how much fat I lost out of the girls!

Same thing happened to me with weight loss.  I went down an entire cup size.  Crazy!  Well you look wonderful:)

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting your update.  Sharing this information about the Saline vs. Gel will definitely be of help to others in the same situation.

You look beautiful:)

Libella, The pain, it turns out, was bad more from the permanent stitches pushing against the breast tissue and incisions than from the actual incisions themselves. I learned this when I had the revision, which completely opened one breast up to replace the implant and re-did the incision under my breast on the other one to pick up the loose skin. Because he knew I took so well to the absorb-able stitches he didn't use permanent ones the second time and there was literally almost no pain at all.

I'd HIGHLY recommend taking pain meds as the doctor prescribes them and staying ahead of the pain.

Pain aside, the surgery is totally worth it. While I can still see the incision lines and probably already will, they are greatly faded and not more than worth the effects of the surgery. If your surgeon has a good reputation, just relax and look forward to your new profile!
I am going to have a breast lift with implants in a few months any advice how was the pain? I am really scared about the pain and just hope that the lines are even and everything will work out good. How long was it before you stared to feel normal again, able to drive, and the lines start to fade?
They are 400CC. I DID have the contracture revision done. I lost about 30 pounds between the initial implants and the revision, so there was sagging skin and dog ears from where fat had come out of my breasts. Dr. Coffey went ahead and picked that up during the revision and now they look REALLY good, although a little big for me at my current weight: Before weight loss, my bra size was a 38C. Now it's a 34DD, since the largest part of my breasts (the implant) didn't go down when my weight did. In hindsight, I wish I'd of had him swap them out for 350's or 300's. I'm a little too va-va-voomish now for my own taste, but I was being cheap at the time and didn't want to pay extra for different implants.
they look great how many cc did you have put in...how long were you in pain for?
Thank you! I'm pretty happy with them, although I've developed a contracture in the left one. I plan to get that taken care of at the 1 year mark- I want to give myself that long to heal. But all in all I'm really happy with them and am soooo glad I had it done!
your boobs look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations