Areola is Too High! - Miami

I had my breast lift 3 months ago. I am very...

I had my breast lift 3 months ago. I am very consider now because my areola pops out of my clothes and bra consistently. It seems to me that my implant sagged more than expected, so now it appear as my areola is too high. I also lack fullness on the top, which I was hoping for a result.

I would like to know your opinion and what can I do to correct this procedure. Thank you !

I believe my breast bottomed-out (sagged more than expected) therefore it appears that my areola is too high?

aside from the under scar they look nice. not too high at all. maybe bra is too low.
I honestly think your breasts look beautiful... they look natural. I know we are all our own worst critics... but seriously... you do look beautiful!
Please tell us who the doctor is. I'm planning to have my implants done in Miami area and it would be good to know... Thanks
Dont be silly!!! They are beautiful, who cares if they peek out sometimes?
There are a few issues causing your complaints. One the implant used is a bit too narrow for your chest wall dimensions which allows it to take up a small area of your breast foot print with large projection(this shifting can cause the popping out areola/nipple). secondly the implant is migrating lower. The good news is that there is a great solution. I revise patients with similar complaints by converting to a cold-subfascial plane witha wider implant. This allows definitive long term support and controlled reshaping to create upper pole fullness and a natural feel with a stable implant. If you are considering revision look into a practitioner experienced in true subfascial augmentation.

All the best,

Rian A. Maercks M.D.
Leonard Hochstein is THE BEST for breast lift, i did mine in January 2011 and he did impossible using donut lift procedure :)
I think you look great too.
There is no other doctor in whole Florida who does better breast lifts as Dr. leonard Hochstein! Just look up his before and after results on Locateadoc.com as well as on his personal website.
I am his patient and very lucky to be his patient.
what doctor did you go to? I live in Miami as well

I think you look really good!

Did you get the implants under the muscle or over? Or partial?
Your breasts look reasonably good. It does appear that your areolas have been left a bit large or stretched out and that may be part of the problem. The other part is the breast bottoming out. It looks to me like a revision that would involve making the areolas smaller and tightening the breast envelope would be the best way to correct your problem
I have the same exact problem!!! Well I didn't get implants with my lift. In my opinion, your breasts look great girl. I thought I was the only one with the areola problem. But Im black so of course my areola is darker (as if u wouldn't already know lol) so if it pops out it will be way more noticeable. I want to get implants to make my breasts fuller at the top But idk if I should. But they do look better than my saggy boobs I guess I shouldn't complain
OMG! I am going through the exact same problem! Now my doctor wants more money to either overfill or replace my implants again to achive the look I originally asked for. The lift traumatized me. I know what you are feeling! I lost all my fullness at top and my areooas pop out of every bra. I need to buy bras too large with high collared shirts to ensure I am covered. I am so insecure now. I am going to another doctor for larger implants and a revision of my lift but I am told by everyone that areolas cannot be lowered, only minimized. Tell me if you heard differently. I miss my old boobies! I have too become obsessed with my breasts when all I needed was implant replacements due to a rupture and now I think I am scarred for life. I just pid $8,000 and have to pay another $8,000 to $17,000 to fix my breasts in two surgeries. My pictures are duplicative of yours. Contact me. Please.
Its true, you learned to realize that surgery is not perfect and there is always going to be something you dont like. I also fear that I go in for my revision and come out worse. Its a touch decision.
Girl I have the same problem. I got my first breast lift when I was 18, and later got implants to fill them out. My nipples pop out of every bra I own, and it bothers me that I have big breasts, but can't have a full top so that I have nice clevage. I want to get more surgery, but I fear it will eventualy end up back the same. The strange thing is I love how my breasts look when I'm naked. I mean, they look so big and perky, but in clothes there is no clevage. If I try to get some clevage out, my nipple shows. Oh well, at the end of the day it is much better than the saggy pancake breasts I had before, and you know...my boyfriend is obsessed with them. He doesn't get what I see. to him they are the most amazing perky things ever, he loves them! Just realize, we tried to defy nature, and got something better than before. As much as I want to go back for more surgery, I just know my obsession with my breast will never end, and I don't want to end up like Michael Jackson with my boobs. Neither my boyfriend of my friends (ya, I showed them too) can understand what my problem is, so I choose to trust them. I can tell you honestly, your pictures are hott!!! I mean your breasts look like very sexy amazing breasts!!
Conversion to a subfascial plane allows creation of a natural appearing breast with clevage and superior pole fullness taht avoid these issues. I use a cold-subfascial technique that allows correction of these issues. If you are happy where you are that is great, but if you are considering revisions, consider subfascial placement
Your breasts look great!! You are being way to critical. Its better they be a little high then pointing downwards. Im planning on having a breast lift in march to correct mine. I wish they looked like that!!! And you do have fullness at the top, they are not huge but too big is gross anyways! good luck
From the pictures provided, it appears as though your areola are at the correct level. However, I think you are right that you implants may have bottomed out a bit. Either the implants are too heavy for your breast, or you simply do not have bresat tissue to support the implant. This can be corrected, but I would wait at least 6 months.

The areola look large and the distance from the bottom of the areola to the inframmary crease looks too long. The horizontal scar is not in the crease. I would guess that you will need a revision. These observations, if they are correct, will not change. You would be best served, however, to let the inflammation from the first operation settle down a bit. Possible, but not likely, your situation will improve.

Wow, I am so amazed how much your breasts looked like mine, I had the same EXACT problem to the T. My areola was always popping out of my clothes too lol, they stretched, and I lacked fullness on top. I'm not sure if you have saline but I did and I was able to completely feel the bag on the bottom even the ripples. You are going to need a revision to tighten everything up again. I had an anchor lift about 5 months ago and I just had my revision 3 weeks ago. He had to re-do the anchor lift again, this time I felt everything tighter and woke up in more pain, I initially had 300cc saline implants but went with 500cc silicone with the 2nd surgery. I am very pleased with the new results, my breast look great. If there's any questions I can help you with, feel free to ask. I have my before and after pics if you are interested. I've been there and know how it feels. I am from Miami as well, it would be crazy if we had the same surgeon. Oh and how many ccs do you have??
Sorry, for the delay! So there is someone you had the same problem as me. I have 225cc, which is not much. I have been back to the doctor and we his going to do a revision, we are just waiting for the year mark, in june 2010.
Yes and I got a revision and now it happened again =( I hope it doesnt happen to you. And I'm so embarrassed I haven't even gone back to my Dr.
Have you returned to your surgeon? It is early after your surgery and a good time period to wait is 6 months. You may require another Lift to - tighten the envelope, and reduce the areolar size with a permanent suture. With Warm Regards, Trevor M Born MD