250cc "Gummy Bear" Implants - Want These Things out Immediately!!!

Exactly 1 week ago I had Mentor silicone 250cc...

Exactly 1 week ago I had Mentor silicone 250cc (gummy bear)implants placed under the muscle. I feel I have made a grave mistake! I feel like an alien has invaded my body and for lack of better terminolgy a prisoner in my own skin.

I had the surgery to create fullness I had lost from when I was younger...used to be a 34c. Always had a nice bustline recently deflated to a 34b due to working out. I am 46 ys. old...the pain associated with my surgery, sleepless nights, nightsweats, loose bowel movements, and brain fog is most certainly nothing that my doctor explained to me nor what I expected. The worst part is I hate the way I FEEL and I hate the way they LOOK....so UNNATURAL. My boyfriend thinks they look great...Of course and thinks I am nuts!

I want to have them removed ASAP!!! I don't feel they are healthy for my body and I just want o feel like me again. I should have been happy with what god gave me.

I want to have them explanted. How soon after my 1st surgery can I have this done? What about outcome scarring and pain, recovery after expulsion? Also are there any vitamins or herbs to get my health in a positive direction since my body has already been exposed to the outer silicone shell? Really want the old me back!!! :) Thanks!

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately all of these doctors are the same...they say that breast implants are completely safe. I beg to differ!!!

I had saline implants done 4 years ago & love them! I did not like them at first & I too wanted them out! I'm so glad I waited the 3 months my ps told me to wait. Also important to do the massaging instructions your sent home with--I still do them! I went from a very small b cup to a full c cup. Please be patient & see how you feel about them after the 3 months! I'm so glad I did!
I also regretted having implants that made me from a size B to DD...way too big and even right before the surgery I told my doc not to make them so big but he said he had to because my breasts were too flat. Big mistake! What I should have had was a lift. Anyway LSS, I am getting them out after about 8 years. Most men can tell they are fake anyway, they were too big for my body, and I have had a lot of discomfort, backache, etc as a result of two fake things in my body. It will cost some money although he gave me a huge discount, but I think it's totally worth it. He is doing a lift when he removes them so I will be about half size bigger than my natural cup size and perky..I cannot wait! It's in bout a month and a half...Ladies, please think carefully before you get implants...I wanted them removed almost from the start but did not have the money, I have had to wait almost 9 years with the discomfort, worry, and looking much fatter in pictures if I may add. LOL. Good luck with your decisions
I'm glad that I'm not alone in wanting them out so soon after surgery! Gentle Rose, you're right, those of us that want explant never should've got them in the first place, but it's too late now. I've read that postop blues are normal, and that a person should wait awhile before making a drastic decision to explant. I have no choice but to wait because I can't get time off work again until the summer! I guess we'll see if my feelings change over the next 3-4 months. I do feel like they are unnatural, and I know things change with time, and I also feel strange w/these foreign objects, but my biggest anxiety is that I can't stop thinking about all of those autoimmune disease horror stories, which didn't worry me so much before the surgery. I don't know why the sudden anxiety? Also, I originally chose Allergan 410 (the newly approved highly cohesive gels) because I thought they couldn't leak, but in the last two days, I've heard of 2 ladies in Australia who said theirs ruptured (one at 4 years detected by MRI and one didn't give date). Also, they can fissure, but no one knows or is saying what that means to our health if they fissure. Now that I've learned this, I know I would've felt better w/saline, but still, I would rather not have any implants at all with no anxiety!
I also had saline implants, and when one ruptured and leaked, I spoke to my plastic surgeon about explantation. He and his team recommended "gummies" to me. His assistant offered to let me feel her "gummies." To me, they felt very unnatural and overly firm. I decided to have my salines removed and to stay implant-free. It has been over 2 years since I had my saline implants removed, and I absolutely love my natural self (as does my husband). I regret that I had ever had implants in the first place. I know your post was about whether you should choose gummies or silicone over saline, but I noticed you said, "I just want a natural look and feel." That's exactly what I wanted too. Maybe, like me, you would consider just being your natural beautiful self without having to keep getting "cut" over the years as your implants wear out. Just a thought...I wish you the very best.
I have been doing research on changing saline implants that I have now to gummy ones . I am very athletic and wonder if my body will accept the different implants. I just want a natural look and feel. These have been in for many years and their time may be running out. I have been told that the incision will be done under the fold of the breast. I already have a scar in the lower part of the areola but was told that if we go in that way with gummies , the incision will be longer. That doesn't sound appealing. I am not sure what to do.... saline again or silicone or gummies.
I feel so bad for you girls. Cmacsales good for you going ahead and getting them out and I am glad you feel better. To others, I will say give it time though. You cannot really judge the final appearance until about 4 weeks.I got mine done 2 weeks ago and I have to say I am very happy. I went quite a bit smaller than what my PS said I could take based on my body measurements (325 Vs 425). I went with saline as the thoughts of having toxic chemicals inside my body put me way off. Yes, they do feel less soft than my natural breasts, but my problem was that I had NO natural breasts left after nursing three kids. I was a bit worried about how my body would react to the implants as I have a few allergies and I am very strict about anything I put in or on my body. I am also pretty fit and very active so I knew I didn't want anything too big. My interim bra was a 34D which surprised me but I am thinking I will settle at a generous C, which is where I was pre-kids. My husband loves them and can't wait until the playground is open for business-)
I hope those of you that are unhappy find a way to make it right for you, whether that is just time and patience or an explant. Good luck.
Great post! It really is a matter of personal preference and a VERY serious decision. I've always wanted implants and plan to get them...However, I have thought LONG and hard about it before making my decision. Reading all your posts have been a part of my decision as well. Most people just read the positive post where women say "wow, I am going to look great with my new implants" but I wanted to hear the negative things as well. Thank you for your honesty in sharing some very painful and remorseful stories. I am so very sorry and my heart really goes out to each of you. On the flip side, there are very positive stories as well so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Some women enjoy their breast and have absolutely no complications at all but like everything, what's good for some may not good for everyone. You are all living proof of that. One thing I've learned is that this is not something that any of us should jump into lightly and we should never do a breast augmentation to impress our lover, boyfriend or spouse. In other words, we should ask our PS, "hey what if I wake up and hate my breast, what will it cost to have them removed immediately and is there a time period?" also, "do you guarantee your work?" Most of all "get it in writing." Protect your rights before your procedure, don't try to fight for them afterwards. You'll only frustrate yourself.! It's really sad to hear how many young girls think that getting implants will make them cool or acceptable. Get a push up bra!! Everything has "risks" we just have to choose the ones that have the least amount of consequences. The worse thing we can do is live with regrets. Remember the guy you felt in your gut...no way it's no good for you!! but went out with him anyway? You go through that hellish regret so you'll get through this one too. Remember to go with your instinct on things like this...most of us know right off...No, I shouldn't do this to my body (but someone talks us into it...don't blame it on the procedure, blame yourself. Maybe that was an inner voice letting you know that your body was going to reject the implant) Then there are those who feel good about their decision. The best decisions I've ever made were the ones I made without the influence or advice from others. Please ladies, live and learn from your mistakes and don't make such drastic decisions about your body in the future unless you have thought long and hard about it. It doesn't make any sense crying or griping about it now...what's done is done. It is what it is. Just think of positive ways that you can move forward in peace and most of all. Love yourself...with or without your implants! Blessings to each of you who have decided to remove that foreign substance from your body...just remember there are a lot of foreign substances floating around in our bodies. It's all about how you take care of yourself and manage your health. I'm learning this the hard way. Be well and may your healing process go WELL!!
What size where you before if you don't mind me asking?
I just had mine done 3 days ago and feel miserable, think I made a huge mistake. I miss my fit, athletic body. Now I'm just sore and swollen, and crying all the time. I'm so embarrassed to tell anyone how I feel.

June, I'm sorry this is bothering you so much. It will get better!

Hi June,
Wondering how you are doing? I had mine done on Feb. 16 and I hate them, agonize over how these are affecting my health and so on and so forth. I feel crazy, cause I know most girls love them, but I love feeling natural and healthy and these make me feel the opposite. Just wondering what you decided. I scheduled explantat for 2 weeks from today. I'm WAY more excited about getting them out than I ever was about getting them in!
I'm sorry you're feeling so unhappy. I felt that way for a few weeks, but now really love my implants. It probably took about 5 to 6 weeks for me to really feel comfortable with them. I have to say that now I'm so glad I didn't have them removed. They look and feel wonderful. Very big change from those first few weeks. I am a personal trainer so believe me, I understand how important it is to be healthy. I was so worried about how this would affect my athletic ability. I'm back to my normal training, and in 3 weeks am actually running my first half-marathon. If I can give you any advice, it would be to give it another month. I know that feels like forever right now, but I'd hate to see you go through with the explant and then regret it. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. I remember feeling like you do right now, it's not fun.
Just got implants 10 days ago and what them out. Very sad....I have made a BIG mistake. I have been crying for the last 6 days. Can anyone give me info on explanting? Just what I can expect? My dr. says I have to wait 3 months, but I can't. I know that I won't like them anymore in 3 months and want to minimize the damage. My husband thinks they look good and says I have to wait too, but I am miserable!!
im going threw the same exact think. i hate them and i dont what to wait. what are you doing now?? have you got them removed ?
Hang in there, yes you have to wait. If you got unders you have to wait longer than with overs, maybe 6m. to a year. They will feel so soft like they are yours. I felt a friend's breasts after 5 years and they were as soft as natural breasts. Mine have lost the upper swelling after 3 to 4 months but they are overs. Do not even bother with them for a while and you will see how fast they will change. I wanted to take mine out for some time after the surgery but now I am happy I didn't. I spent money, risked my health and went through hell to have them in. It would be a shame to make a hectic decision and not wait. You will see, you are going to like them in time. Now they feel heavy and foreign but they will be normal in a very short time, even better in 6 months.
I had mine put in 3 weeks ago and absolutely hate them! Mentor 250cc gummies as well. I had lost 60 pounds and opted for a lift as well. Well now I hate the implants but love the lift. I'm going nuts here. I think chances are I'll be saggy again but I just don't care. I can't sleep or eat. So better get them out before it ruins my life.
It is amazing to me what is going on out there...seems ill information is available through these plastic surgeons. They treat this procedure like you are getting your teeth whitened....It is a joke!!! Unbelievable to see that so many girls are wanting to have there implants removed shortly after they are placed. i felt like an alien was inside of me...absolutely horrible!!! My Dr. actually made me feel like a freak when I asked to have mine removed. He said I was the first girl to ask in 30 yrs of his practice to explant so soon after they were implanted. YOUR BODY KNOWS BEST...muy advice is follow your gut. Good luck with your decision. Insist that the operation be done at no charge. I only had to pay for the anethesia. :)
can you tell me what is wrong?, is it just a feeling or is it how you look or the actual gummy implant feel, I am thinking of 250 gummy? this is worrying me now. I know everyone is deff. do you just hate the surgery or wish you had gone for saline? normal silicone?

My heart aches for you as I had made the same GRAVE MISTAKE when God gave me a perfect body and breasts...Try not to beat yourself up. Everyone is different so it's hard to say what the outcome would be. I am back to normal and my breasts look perfect except for the 1 and a half inch scars that the surgery left me w/ under my breasts. (I use mederma every day on my scars and it's helping.) Feeling great now and my misery is in the past. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to explain the process I went through and the outcome. My cell#{edited}. Good Luck w your surgery, sounds like you are doing the right thing...I can tell! As I felt the same way. Take care of yourself... Carolyn

Edited by Sharon: Please do not post contact details publicly. You can contact other members privately by clicking on their username and sending a private message.
i did breast augmentation 3 weeks ago and i hate them!!!!!!it's the most stupid thing i 've ever done to myself!!!i feel really fake and miserable!i finally find small breasts more sexy and classy...does anyone know if my breast will be damaged after the removal?when i will be finally recovered?my doctor is the worst because he doesn't care about me but i have no choice to find now another as i have no much money left after the first surgery...everynight i cry and feel soooooo stupid.please tell me if my breast will be good again andi not faggy..my natural breast is cupB and i put 300cc gel silicone..please help me i can't stop crying...
what ever happen because Im going thru the same exact thing. he wont remove mine for 3 months. im in a great state of depression.
what a waste of time and money, girls i wish you never put them in to begin with , hope your recoveries went well
I had no capsules to remove since my expalnt surgery took place at the 2 and a half week mark from the initial implants surgery. Im no Dr. so I couldn't comment on your situation. Im imagining that it all depends on how long you have had the implants, and if they were placed over or under the muscle. Mine were placed under the muscle. i would check with your Dr. I'm sure he will answer you honestly. Best of luck to you. Just curious as to why you are having them removed. Were you ill?
I just had mine put in and can't wait to have them taken out. I can't even look at myself in the mirror. It hasn't been a week since my surgery. I see the doc in 6 days and I want to tell him that I AM MISERABLE and WHAT HAVE I DONE??? The expense of all of this kills me. My husband did NOT want me to do this in the first place.
I hate my implants but the doctor said he wont remove them for 3 months. He is being soo rude. any ideas ?? he mad them so large and now he say Im not in the right state of mind. i dont know what to do?? i cry all the time.