325cc Silicone Mod. Plus Profile for Post-baby Breasts - Right Implant Moving Up on Chest

I had a great experience with my augmentation. My...

I had a great experience with my augmentation. My recovery was quick and I had little pain. I had the surgery to fill out the loose skin and fill in the empty breasts having two children and gaining then losing weight left me with. I chose to get 325cc moderate plus profle silicone implants. I went with silicone to minimize rippling since I had very little existing breast tissue and a thin frame. I am 5'6" and weigh about 118 pounds. I barely filled out a 32 A prior to my surgery and am very pleased with my results so far.

About a week ago, I noticed that the right breast has started moving up my chest and when I lift my arm the incision goes below my crease. I called my PS, he said to come in so he could take a look. He could see what I was talking about but said the implant had good movement within the pocket and did not feel firm. He was a little concerned that the implant does not seem to rest all the way at the bottom of the breast, and said this is often seen with capsular contracture. The implant can be pressed down into the pocket, it just does not stay down. This is a new issue since my 6wk follow-up. He said at this point to keep massaging and see him in a month and possibly then try taking Singulair if I am not seeing improvement. I have been keeping a picture diary of my progress each week and you can clearly see that the right breast has moved up. I can see a change in the position of this breast and I can feel a difference. The left breast is now softer than the right and if I press on the right implant, it is soft but I also feel resistance that is not there on the left. The implant can move up, down left and right, so I can see why my PS is hesitant to label this as capsular contracture. I am just concerned that there may be more I can do.

Updated on Jul 18, 2009

I need to be sure that I am doing everything...

I need to be sure that I am doing everything possible to try to prevent a complication and am unsure if I should seek a second opinion or be doing anything else.