Worried About Implant Size After Settling

I had breast implants 2 days ago and they look...

I had breast implants 2 days ago and they look much smaller than I expected. I'm about 6 ft tall and 128 lbs. Before the surgery I was a 34 A/B. I was hoping to be a D after surgery, or atleast a very full C, and I don't think I'm anywhere near that. I had 550cc silicone gel implants placed under the muscle.

I know that it's still very early after surgery and they still have to settle, but I hear about all these women who say they looked so big after surgery but after they settled and the swelling went down they got smaller. I also hear about waiting for them to drop and fluff, could that just be what it is, that they're still so high and the muscle is compressing them so much. I'm just worried that they're not going to be as big as I wanted, and right now I'm a little disappointed.

I had breast implants to help balance my body and give me more self confidence. Right now it's too soon after surgery to really tell much, I'm hoping that in time as they settle I'll feel better about the result. I had a great doctor, I'm just hoping I went with the right size implant.

Is it possible that they will be bigger once they settle into place?

Ha. I am actually experience just this. I went in with photos to show the Dr and they were all sizes larger than what he has already preordered. He went with what he already had, and even though I am in the early stages and they are swollen, I am worried that the swelling will go and they will get even smaller. Don't you think the charge should be placed on the Dr not the patient, since we are the ones that paid for something that we did not get!?

Hi Zoey,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your new implants.

I have no idea how this happens, but I've heard from both types of people - those who think their implants are too big, and those who think their implants are too small - and oddly enough a lot of them end up happy in the end! I think it must take a lot of time to adjust mentally as well as physically.

I think this thread is helpful: Advice for too small breast implants

Regardless of what you decide to do, you'll need to wait a few months for your breasts to heal properly before you can have another surgery. Hopefully, in the meantime, they will settle and become the size you were hoping for!

Good luck.