I Feel Like I Am Going to Die from the Pain

I had saline unders about 29 hours ago. 380 cc. ...

I had saline unders about 29 hours ago. 380 cc. The pain on the right breast is unbearable. I went to my cs today and she said the right breast is high and it will drop and when I described the pain burning , searing and radiating, she said it was more than likely nerve pain and the nerves will adjust and settle down. She also said the right breast will drop eventually and to be patient. I see her again day after tomorrow.

Right now I can say that I am in so much pain I can't describe anything but the pain. I think the left breast looks good. I am glad I did a local, but I am worried about my right breast and the amount of pain like someone is digging into me with a hot poker.

Here is the problem. I feel like I am going to...

Here is the problem. I feel like I am going to die from the pain and she has given me a strong pain reliever as well as an NSAID that doesn't cause bleeding. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel here. I also am worried about "if" the right breast will drop or not. -- Updated on Oct 20, 2009: Please look at the pictures. The one that looks high up under my arm partially is the painful one. The other feels just a little sore. Will the high one drop?? Has anyone had this happen where one drops this far and the other is so high with continuing shooting pains? -- Updated on Nov 23, 2009: Implant doesn't drop, just fluid inside?? At 5 weeks I am still a lot higher on the right breast (pics taken in mirror). I read that it is not the implant itself that drops, it's more the fluid inside that drops and fills more on the bottom. My right implant has 20 more cc's in it than the left but looks smaller. It has dropped some but the looks of it, has a long way to go to catch up to the left. Does it look like a revision is needed or is it too soon to tell?

I will give her name and such after the overall experience. For now, I just feel like I am going to pass out most of the time from the pain.

You were going to say who the Dr. was after the pain subsided??
hankg in there, get rest...they look good so far!
Thank you for your reply. I am now 4 weeks out and no real pain so to speak, just soreness. I dropped enough where the right implant is softer and the nerves have stretched out, but still have a ways to go for the right one. It needs to drop more and fluff. Just waiting on that and following all directions. You are right as far as time. Gets better each day. Thanks :-)
you\re so lucky, u have the nicest cleavage ever :)
When my sister had hers done she had that type of nerve pain your are speaking about. She was pretty miserable for a period of time but it did finally go away.
Thank you for your reply. I have hit the 2 week mark and feel so much better already and the right breast is dropping slowly but surely. No infection, no contractures but I did have so much pain compared to other people. I don't think it's common (the pain we experienced) and most associate it with complications. No complications here but gee whiz did that hurt. I am so glad I took a week off work. There was no way I would have been able to work that first week.
hi...i was in severe pain after my implant surgery too...both breasts...time heals all wounds...it does get better...frozen bags of peas, sleeping sitting up for a few weeks, and listening to my surgeon helped alot...good luck! it gets better!
I am now 7 days post op and my right breast has dropped about an inch or more with the band and massages my cs showed me. The pain is not near as intense and I have more energy. I will post more pics after about another week as the right breast drops everyday a little. The only problem is the pain in the nerves on the right breast and the nipple sensitiviy. I use an ice pack when needed and I can take breaks from the band. The incisions look great, no signs of infection. I have learned through a lot of reading that my case is that I have just suffered more pain than usual, however all w/in normal limits. I feel that when the right implant settles, the nerves on that side will too. I feel confident in this as this is essentially what happened in the left breast. I am soooo glad I listened to my cs and didn't go bigger than I did.
I failed to mention my boyfriend and 2 daughters have been wonderful and right by my side although I was and am trying to do as much as I can on my own as permitted by my cs. But I know without them I would have been helpless. There was so much I couldn't do the first few days. I never expected this much pain, however.
I also have a lot of swelling in my stomach and my cs says it's normal and should go away w/in a couple of weeks.
I am now 5 days post op and the right breast is still painful with shooting nerve pains through the breast as well as the nipple. My cs has been really wonderful and recommended some massage already. I have to wear the band so the right will drop. The pain is a lot less than the first 48. At that time, I was even in tears. Now it is painful but bearable, yet I have to work tomorrow for a while and I don't know how I will do it. I have been using ice packs on the right side of the right breast where it does numb the searing shooting pains even though I am on pain meds and celebrex. If my right breast felt like my left breast, I would alreaedy be out shopping and enjoying them. I can't though. They both feel the best when I take a warm shower and have the band off and let the water run over them. Unfortunately I have to put the band back on. I worry wether or not the right pocket is big enough and yet my cs says it is way too soon to worry about that yet. She said give it 3 to 6 months to drop. If I have this nerve and muscle pain during that whole time, I will be debilitated. I don't know how I will do it. I can't work on these pain meds. I don't even know yet how I will work tomorrow. My cs knows I have to at least go in as I am the supervisor and has put my on limited time and duty. The worst is the pain in the morning when I first get up and start walking around. It makes me sick to my stomach also. I keep reading to have patience. I am trying. I also have read where people have dropped w/in a week. Afterall my left one did. My cs says no sign of infection or other complications. I am trying to read more on here to get to know more ladies but it is tough to be up like this for very long on my pc and my laptop is not working right. So I am watching tv, reading and walking around as much as possible. Also I am drinking plenty of water and eating a lot. Thanks for your reply.

Hi JagCA,

Hang in there. I know it's difficult right now but things will get better! Do whatever you can to get through this now and you will feel better.

You should definitely call your doctor, or have someone call on your behalf, and tell her how bad your pain is. It's as much her job to operate on you as it is to help you through the post-op. If your pain meds aren't working or if you need support, please let her know. It can't hurt to ask.

Also, if you're able, get to know some of the other ladies here on RealSelf who have been through breast augmentation surgery. They are often the best source of "light" to see the end of the tunnel! You're not alone in this and I hope you're able to get support both in real life and on RealSelf.

Good luck and please keep us updated. I hope things get better for you very soon!