Left Implant Replaced Due to Capsular Contracture

Had my left breast removed and replaced due to...

Had my left breast removed and replaced due to capsular contractor, and it did not help. The right breast is beatiful and soft. I have a great doctor, and he is very understanding, but I think we are both at our witts end.

If I have the left implant removed for a couple of months, then have it placed back, would that treat the capsular contractor condition?

I have tried to have the capsular contracture treated. I followed my surgeons advice, and had the scar tissue removed, and a new implant each time. It has been 4 surgery’s, and 4 years, to no avail. My right breast is beautiful, soft, and nicely shaped. The left breast is still high and not as soft. I have decided to have them removed. Can someone tell me what to expect, and how will my breast look.

have you switched the placement. mine are over the muscle, and with capsular, i was told to putt hem under the muscle!
Dr. Chong, I have read your comment and how the procedure works,where the implant is removed and a new space is made... Also, am I to underderstand that less than 3% of patients require further reoperation? That sounds a bit promising to me. I was not aware this "neosubpectoral pocket" procedure. It that standard practice when having an implant replaced due to capsular contracture? Sounds like there maybe other choices to ponder.
I dont know if the alloderm will work or not but my instincts tell me probably not. I am currently scheduled for removal and I've had them in over 20 years and all the long have had problems. I dont believe there is a solution for capsular contracture. There are different things the PS can try but they will never guarantee a solution. The only guarantee is removal as grim as it is. I'm hoping for the best. I'll let you know how it goes, not scheduled for another month. In the meantime take care and fill me in on another so called solutions the PS may have for you - I'll let ya know if i've already tried them or not. Of course what may have not worked for me may work for you. Everyone is different. Wish you the best
I do not beleive that the alloderm will work, because from my understanding it for reconstruction patients. I have had my implants since 2005.I am talking to several PS for other alternatives, but I do not beleive that the outcome will be very positive, and for that reason, I am afraid, and very depressed. My only hope is that my breast are not disfigured once the impants are removed. I would greatly appreaite if you would share your results. It might releive some of this uncertainty I now feel. Thank you so much for sharing with me. Glad I am not the only one.
I have had the same problems 4 revision surgeries to correct capsular contracture and to no avail. I am having my explant end of month. I wish it was sooner i've been in alot of pain. I am scared as to how I will look after 20 years of implants. Not sure how long youve had yours but I will share my results with you if you'd like
Capsular contracture, as you are experiencing is extremely frustrating and represents your body's reaction to the foreign material. Removal of the implant for 3-6 months has been the standard response. About two years ago, one of my patient's experienced recurrent capsular contracture, which persisted despite massage, Singulair therapy, repeated capsulectomy and replacement of the implant with a textured silicone. We were on the verge of taking the implant out, when I asked her whether she would allow me to use some Alloderm. She had an onlay graft of Alloderm and remains soft and satisfied for over 2 years. I'd recommend you discuss this with your PS, as acellular dermal matrix are anecdotally r
... associated with a lesser rate of capsular contracture. The data is still small but comes mostly from our breast reconstruction patients who are having immediate direct to implant + Alloderm slings. Keep posted.
I am planning an explant at the end of the month due to capsular contracture - my PS and I discussed alloderm but I was afraid it wouldnt work. How does this work. Does a complete capsulectomy need to be performed and does the alloderm need to be placed around the entire implant? I believe my PS was just going to release the scar tissue and place a small bit of the alloderm where he released the capsule. Does this sound right and are theyre any success stories with this
If you are choosing explantation, I would interpret this as removing the implant and the scar tissue, which is causing the deformation of the breast +/- pain. Complete capsulectomy is traditionally accepted as necessary, prior to staging another attempt at implantation, usually 3-6 months later. At that time, some PS recommend a neosubpectoral pocket, where the implant is removed and a new space is made, surgically, between the breast-skin flap below and the pectoralis-skin flap above. The implant is then placed, in this pocket, while the old space is closed off. This would be the time to try an Alloderm sling, just in the inferolateral quadrant. You can visit www.LifeCell.com to see how the procedure is done. I am in PS so my experience with Alloderm is relatively small, but agrees with larger, academic series in that the rate of symptomatic capsular contracture, which requires further reoperation is <3%. Good luck. Keep my posted.