Serious Infection After Having Breast Implant Removed

Implants were removed and the doctor did a breast...

Implants were removed and the doctor did a breast lift. I felt my breasts were too big and they were too much weight because I am a runner.

I had my implants removed almost two weeks ago and a lift was done at the same time. I have a serious infection that has not cleared up. The doctor acts like it is no big deal. The second round of antibiotics are not working. He says to keep it covered with iodine. Does this look like anything anyone has seen or dealt with? I feel so depressed and I don't know what to do.

Only to have my implants taken out

It's been 3 years since I've had the implants removed and I had a baby 8 months ago. My breasts still look great minus the scar where I had the infection. The doctor did say he could refine it, but I'm not that worried about it. It just feels do good to feel like myself again. It was so worth it. I do not miss that heavy feeling and I look way better in clothes too! Good luck to everyone!
Hi. I'm 65. I had reconstructive surgery 30 years ago with implants (silicone). The chest muscles were cut and the implants placed under them. No problems until this year. My left implant has ruptured. I've seen my surgeon, Dr. Vishu Ramulla, Fort Worth, Texas. He plans to remove both implants and do a lift at the same time. I'm in pretty good health except I have a history of blood clots. I'm on 5 mg Warfin a day to thin my blood. I'm scared but I just can't live with this hugh hard rock sitting on my left chest. My arm muscles hurt when I reach or lift something heavy. I can't bare to cough. I know I'm doing the right thing but I sure am scared. Any words of wisdom for me? Tks.
I think it's time for you to get the implants out of your system and just be done with them. I would recommend getting the skin tightened around them thru a lift.i am currently two years from last surgery and still have scared areas but do not regret getting implants removed.When I want to have the look of big boobs I throw on a Victoria secret push up bra. I'm now 50 and I look younger and a lot thinner . Don't miss them at all. The older you get the worse the implants become .
I have to say that I had mine removed this past summer and couldn't be happier! My surgeon did a very great job not only removing the implants but also performing a breast lift. Now my breasts look so young and perky again! I was 34 D with implants and hated it, and now I'm 34C and loving it! I fit in clothes now, I look proportional AND younger. 7 years of misery are now in the past. My surgery was so worth it!
Hi, iv had 3 lots of inplants over the last two years, the left one kept going hard and hated them, so i had them removed 2 weeks go nd wow do i feel so much better in myself :)and my breast are almost the same as befor i had them done. i went from a 34b to 34dd. i thought it was more painfull to have them removed the so glad i did. good luck! hugs san7
Hi, If you take the advice of one of the above posters and go for big guns antibiotics don't forget to take probiotics and acidophilus (or eat plain live yoghurt everyday) while on the antibiotics and for a good while after. I had a course and ended up lactose intolerant and now have rosacea too. HTH, Honey
Hi its ben a week since my revision of right breast. The problem seemed to be that the small implant the Dr. used for"fill", tore away from chest cavity making it fall and pool around bottem of my breast.I am not looking to blame anyone, things happen-I am right handed and very possibly over used it and it tore...long story short its over tho the surgery was still ANOTHER 2000.00 for hospital, anethesia, the Dr. did not charge for re-do.Which I think is fair.My boobies are a week out after surgery and i feel great...they look amazing .
Awesome!
Go to a regular doctor just to make sure everything is alright. Of course he is going to tell you that everything is fine. He doesn't want his license revoked. Get a second and third opinion from other doctors. Always follow your heart. Your health is priceless. Best of luck.
Well the Doctor put me on Cipro and it is healing up, but the wound got wider. He is going to to a scar revision after it heals. In general. I am happy with the shape of my breasts. I wish I did not get this infection. It bums me out. I really am sick of going under the knife. Another surgery is inevitable. I am happy to have the implants out. I feel like my old self again, and I don't feel so top heavy. I actually look slimmer. I will let you know how I heal and when its all over I will post another pic.
I wish you well, the sooner the better mabe get a deal cut with Dr. see my info below under littlecat.I was able to get some reduction of cost. Your gonna need to really wear your surgery bras(like they said) and also dont do anything for a week to really let then heal.That is the depressing part....I was in bed at 10 last night (sat) and thought my world was going to end.... but today im feeling great an the boobies are in fine shape.. now if i could show them off. I also look 10 pounds thinner which motivates me to loose more weight.This surgery wont be as bad as first.... I didnt believe it but its true the first was longer an more involved.
Hi, There! I dont know how long ago you posted this.But, I feek exactly the same as you. I have alot of discomfort with my breasts. I started out a full C cup(naturally). I got 650 high profile silicon implants< had them exchanged for 490 moberate profile and a lift and now just want them out!! So much upper back pain, sleeping is never restful, I look way heavier up top. Im 5'9"& weigh 140lbs.I used to wear a sz med tops but now L and XL to fit breats sizes(though those tops dont fit anywhere else ;(. Very scared to get removed for what the visual results may be. Will they look like deflated ballons? I do plan to have a lift done at same time as removal. What about feeling? I wouldnt mind having my old C's back one bit!! Im now a 34 DD-dont like anything about it. My posture has suffered as well, cannot properly exercise ;( and men and women always looks at my breasts alot. My family is all for it-as well as my drs and chiropractors! Do you have any advise? Thx!
I am so happy I had mine removed. I feel like a human being again! It has been one year ow and my scars are fading pretty good. Get this lift!! My breast shape is better now than it looked when I was a teenager! I am happy. The place where it opened from my infection does not look that bad at all now. I am pissed that I was talked into exchanging to smaller implants. Waste of money and healing time. Find a doctor that has done plenty of removals and has the confidence to do so. It will change you life and you will love the way you feel and look in your clothes!
Hi, I have the same problem with the implants - always top heavy, clothes don't fit in the chest, pain in breasts etc. Hate them. I was 34C and looked so much slimmer in older pictures! Remaining the same weight and frame as before (123 lbs) but with the breast size 34DD now, I always look top heavy in pictures now, the implants don't belong to my body. I have a lot of breast tissue of my own, so I would really love to get rid of the implants. I constantly think about that and regret of getting them 6 years ago (ex-husband's demand)! Please, let me know about what have you decided to do and if you had a consultation at Dr's or, maybe, you have gone to the surgery? Thanks!
You and I are same height and weight just about exactly. I was 34DD too. now 34C (small C) after explant. SO much happier w look but nursing an infection in right one. Flew to ATL to ahve surgery w Dr Susan Kolb
All u can do is ride it out. I was so freaked out when I opened up, but it healed and in the end I felt soooo good. My breast shape was great and best of all I had my body back! I'm now running faster than ever! I can't believe I just didn't go for a lift the first time. Lesson learned.
so happy for you I'm in the middle of doing the removing decision,, right implant leaking, also I'm a long distance runner maybe after I'll run faster hihi,, It's very encouraging to read everyone story mainly after I got the Doctor's office calling me this morning.To talk about price witch include new implants replace it would be between $7,000.00 or 8 a little pricy when you don't have the money,, so I'm thinking just to get the old one remove and enjoy my normal body before i's too late I'll be 64 in Oct,, this evening is the beginning of my new life as ME,, thank you every one of you ladies xxoo we're all friends now!!
Hi i went to my Dr. today and having the one breast thats bad re opened and pulled back up. I really liked my implants but started to look huge more fat then hot so it was time to down size.You are young,if you can get the nipple problem fixed then I say dont touch em. I would go back to thep.s who did it oe even any one else with a medical degree. I do not think, in fact I know your nipples will not get infected like the ladies in the pic above. She had what I had which was a implant removal and a lift. And her surgery is a month or so old... what ever is going on with you could stem from mabe the following...1 working out bra may be rubbing you wrong or ill fitted,2 mabe its your laundry detergant, 3mabe a lotion or shampoo/ body wash is the problem or4 mabe a yeast infection from what ever like wet towels in the summer not being properly dry... Im not a Dr. but a am old enough that I have a son your age. I would see a Dr. it could be a very simple problem. let me know. Ilive in ohio.
I am 20 and I had my implants in since 18, but now they are affecting the way I sleep. I love to work out but my nipples get really sore and irritated. Anyways I googled nipple pain, and I came across this page. And all I could say was wow. I dont want this to happen to me. Where did you go to have this surgery? Whats the name of the surgeon? Do you recommend the implant removal...overall??
looks like you may have what i have .. your internal stitches are what looks to be causing a infection.I am going back to my Dr. tomarrow after my surg. was may 6th,,, i am not healing and can not do anything. You may need a bigger better antibiotic (be prepared for the lovely yeast infection that gos with it. let me know good luck
Eat lots of Dannon Yogurt (or any with live cultures). I used to get Yeast infections EVERY time I used antibiotics. Now when I have to take them, I eat yogurt every morning and it hasn't come back! Worth a try anyway.