Explantation & Lift - Happy I Got Rid of Them!

I had them for 13 years, two different sets, and...

I had them for 13 years, two different sets, and kept getting capsular contractor. Got them removed and a lift done at the same time since I was a D cup with the implants.

No problems and happy I got rid of them! They look great now and feel wonderfully soft. Was an A cup before getting implants. Now I'm a B cup. Best thing I did for myself was get them out!

Louis Walker

Dr. was involved in a study at Baylor College of Medicine on breast implant safety and explanted hundreds and hundreds of implants. He is an expert at explantation.

Hi. I may be too late. I had nothing wrong with my implants, just hated them.

I had them for 2 years. I had them taken out w/out a lift. They look good. At first, they were flat but after 6 months they filled out a bit. I am a b cup now.

Sometimes I miss the look of the implants but I feel so much better!
My doctor's name is Dr. Louis Walker. He's amazing. I went to five other doctors that refused to explant before seeing him.
my doctor has place my implant mostly under my right arm. It is very painful. what procedure would be best for me. Im considering having it taken out, because he does not want to continue surgery procedures.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. If you want them out, that procedure is called explantation. If you've had the surgery recently, your breasts should go pretty much back to normal.

If you just want it fixed, here are some other Louisville breast implant surgeons who can do revisions. Good luck and please let us know how it goes (you can write a review of your doctor here).

I'd take it out and it's called explantation. You'll probably want to get a breast lift at the same time to get rid of the excess skin.
Name, address and phone # of your Doctor?
Unfortunately my doctor was called back into the Army and then moved to Washington.

Col. Louis Walker
Chief of Plastic Surgery
Madigan Army Medical Center Division of Plastic Surgery
Tacoma, WA 98431
Phone: (253) 968 2917
Have you ever heard about his work with implants? My husbands in the army && we,re here in washington && he's going to be my plastic surgeon for my implants which i get march. 31st. People always say never let the army do them but its the person doing it not the whole army. you know? Ive met him a few times he seems to care more then any army doctor ive ever met.
sorry my keyboard sux...had implants for 3yrs..does the muscle heal back together or just contract and layflat?
It heals. I hope it all worked out for you!
i had my saline (submuscular) implants removed yesterday i had them for#yrs well 1st set 8months and then repaced for smaller ones due to slight symmastia.. just wondering what i can do to help my breasts heal properly i was about an A or small b now...who knows..all i see is wrinkly skin i now thiswill subcide but didnt get very good aftercare information..i am supposed to take the bandagoff tonight(after24hrs) apperantly i just wear sports bra? no antibiotics...? no tubes..des the muscle actually heal or just contract?
I have had my (over the muscle implants) for 7 years now. I am concerned that they will be droopy if I have them removed. I do not want to get a lift because I don't think I could take the scarring. They are C's to small D's and have drooped somewhat. Will they look ok or be be droopy? And if they are droopy, is it enough to cover with a nice bra. I wouldn't mind wearing a miracle bra.
My scars are hardly noticeable. They've faded a lot and you can hardly even tell I had surgery. They won't be droppy if you get the lift. You might not be happy with the results if you don't get a lift, there would be a lot of saggy skin.
I am interested in what my breasts will look like if I remove my (over the muscle) implants. I have had them since 2000, and just want to be able to wear normal clothes again. They are a C small D cup, and have dropped somewhat. Has anyone ever had over the muscle implants removed after 7 years?
Yes. Just get a lift at the same time.
What made you decide on a lift as well? I am going through this decision right now. I want my implants removed. I had implants put in in 2003, then replaced with smaller ones last year. They are still too big. I am much more fit now and they donot match my body. I have decided to get them explanted. My question is do I do a lift at the same time? Theyare droopy with the implant, so I do not think I will be thrilled if I just take them out. I am worried about scarring, though, as I have started dating again, and am concerned with how men will perceive me as they heal.
I got a lift to get rid of the excess skin, otherwise they would be saggy and mishapen. Yes do the lift at the same time so you only need to pay for one surgery. I wear padded and push up bras now and feel more confident than I did with the fake boobs.
I have had my implants since 2005 ( from ""A" cup to "D" cup) and have had capsular contracture since then. I have had several surgerys to remove the scar tissue to no avail. I am tired of trying to make my uneven breast look normal. I have deceided to have my implants removed, becasue the scar tissue continues to come back. I found your experience very encouraging.I can only hope my experience is as positive as yours.
Glad to help! I wish you the best!
I have been in severe pain since I got my implans 2 years ago. My joints ache and hurt and I feel like I have the flu all the time. I don't feel the same. Does anyone have any advice for me or know of a good surgeon in Atlanta to remove them? Any good Dr' who can do testing to see if it is from the implants I had 2 years ago. Thanks!
Hi You are not alone, i feel the same sensation, also i have constantly a rash in my left arm, i have capsular contraction and my joints hurt all the time. i have had them for 1 year and 2 month and i don't know what to do but i think at the end i will remove them. i paid 6 thousand dollars and i am still paying for them! :-(
This is something I was never warned of 'SIDE EFFECTS' from the silcone Shell.. I Recieved my implants Jan. 2008. First of all I explained I wanted a C cup. Well, I'm a FULL D cup. Ok, so I would live with that I suppose!.. But, a yr. into it I developed severe pain in my joints , Headaches, rashs, strange periods, hair loss,stinging pain in chest, problems taking deep breaths, Colitis, Vomiting for no reason, Always Tired,and it just keeps geting WORSE. I have four small children and I'm sick with myself for making such a stupid decission and alter my body!. I have gone through 1 1/2 yrs. of this pain that I want to die sometimes. My husband and I have made a decission They HAVE to COME OUT. I'm scared of the results but, If I can get my my health back after this I will be Perfectly Happy with who I am!..
hello there, I just had a breasts done about 7 days ago. I still feel awkward about them. I am wanting to let you know that a day later after surgery I went with Joint pain. It's Postoperative Muscle Pain (Myalgia) Severe muscle and joint discomfort that may be experienced after surgery is known as postoperative muscle pain (myalgia). This is a fairly common, quite distressing, but rather interesting condition. It usually appears on the first day after surgery, is often described as feeling similar to the pain one might suffer after unaccustomed physical exercise, and is usually located in the neck, shoulder and upper abdominal muscles. Mine went away after 12 hours. I haven't felt it since. Thank god because it was horrible. As far as the boobs go.. I hope I don't regret them. I went from an A to a C cup and so far so good. But it's so awkward. I keep up the positive on it. So far everyones like them. Here's to good hopes!
I am so sorry for your pain. You are not the only one who made a stupid decision. Don't kick yourself. We were all sold a false reality. Take care of yourself.
I am interested to know the name of this surgeon. I am also in Houston.