Botox Made my Smile Crooked - Melbourne, FL

My smile is now uneven from botox shots.I...

My smile is now uneven from botox shots.I  had the botox injections in my upper face area the sides of the eyes and the line between my eye brows. It must have worked it's way down to my cheek area, because I now look like a person who's had a stroke, the right side of my mouth will not turn up to smile any longer!!

Help does anyone with any adive on how to fix this? Is there any possibe way to to get the botox out of me sooner then the adverage 3 to 6 months? What can be done about my crooked smile?

He shot the botox in the wrong area, or maybe it's nerve damage...

Tami I'm so happy for you at last you have your smile back :) xx
I think you still hav a cute smile, crooked but its still nice...
Tami that's fantastic so happy for you xx
June 2011 Update, ☺ back to normal! Will not use botox ever again. Life is good just the way I am!♥
that is wonderfull, mine is going away a little slower than I would like lol, it has been 2 and a half months, it gets discuoraging, some days it seems better than other days, anyone else experience that???
Hi,

How long did it take for it to go back to normal. So i have horrible tmj and i am also getting married in two weeks, and I went to my oral surgeon who injected my masseter muscle with botox and also my check to reduce the pain and spasm ive been having, but what happened to you, has happened to me...im so upset, crying and want to die. my wedding is two weeks from today. any advise? ive been reading there isnt much i can do...:(
Hi jlau3,
I'm sorry to hear you've been through that, especially with your wedding impending.
In the case of my zygomaticus muscle, the botox did take some months to wear off, I know that is not the news you want to hear with your wedding coming up. I was extremely self-conscious of my mouth looking stretched and crooked on one side, but in all that time I was waiting for it to wear off, no one seemed to comment on it, or really notice it (strangely enough) not even close family who I asked for an honest opinion from.
The good news is, it does eventually wear off, even if it takes some time for your body to break it down.
My advice would be, enjoy your special day and try not to worry too much, it will eventually disappear.
Incidentally I requested my money back and put in a claim for compensation as I believe all practitioners should know where the main facial muscles are before injecting.
I hope some of this helps.
Best wishes.
I'm 100 percent back to normal now, my smile is back the way it was before botox. I will never do it again the risk is not worth the reward. Hoping a new safe, non invasive, natural wrinkle diminisher will come on the market ... until then the best thing I've found for the complection is drinking a lot of water.
Tami,I feel your pain my smile was crooked for ages it still is I looked like the 'Joker' from BatMan , my pull was a lot higher but all you can do is wait until it wears off.I'm in Australia too, another person suggested warm moist compresses that worked a bit for me.
Botox takes a long time to go away. 35 weeks later and I am still waiting...
What exactly are you still waiting for?
Hi Amaxy - The botox effect has still not left my face after all this time! I am certain it was the interaction with the antibiotics that has made it last this long. It's ridiculous. I still have cheek ptosis and the chipmunk face when I smile and the puffy festoons under my eyes. I started to see improvement on 5 January 2010 (26 weeks after botox) but it it terribly slow in getting better because the muscles are so weak. My facial muscles were almost completely paralysed for 6 months so it is going to take some time for them to regain their strength and pull my face back up. It is now 35 weeks after botox and it still has a way to go. I have seen some improvement in the past few weeks so I am starting to feel a little hopeful but I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed. I am just taking it day by day. I am sure that I will need a lower blepharoplasty to fix the puffy pillows under my eyes as it does not appear that they are ever going to go away on their own, but I am going to wait a full 52 weeks before surgery just to make sure that the botox effect is all gone and my facial muscles are a strong as they can be. I am waiting for my Carolyn's facial exercise kit to arrive and hopefully that will speed things up a bit. I honestly think that the effect of botox can last a really, really long time. I see you think your smile is still slightly different (although someting most noticeable only to you) and it is more than a year since you had botox, Amaxy. Is it still improving or do you think it is permanently like that? Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers
I have no idea if it's permanent...hopefully not. My plastic surgeon that did my lower lid bleph said that sometimes scar tissue forms after Botox and that might lead to what I'm experiencing. I still feel a bit of a tug on that side so maybe the Botox hasn't worn off completely yet. It is almost about a year now since my last injection...but you never know. I still pray. The area under my eyes looks so much better after my surgery but the quality of the skin is so paper thin. I am trying to thicken it with various herbal creams, etc. We'll see what happens... What is Carolyn's facial exercise kit? Is it like Tua Viso?? Sorry to hear that you're recovery is slow...the whole thing sucks but life goes on and you will fix your face to the best of your ability...with MUCH research before jumping into anything:) Best wishes
Hi Amaxy - I have not heard that botox can cause scar tissue so thanks for the information. Carolyn's facial fitness is an exercise program that differs from the Tua Viso in that it is resistance exercises rather than just stimulating the muscles. I only just received the kit today so I am not sure whether it works or not, but at this point I am willing to try anything. I am glad your blepharoplasty was a success and I too am looking into this procedure myself for the middle of this year after much research :) Cheers
Hi, Amaxy, Just wondering what you mean by "paper thin." Can you see through the skin, or is it stretched tight? Or both? What did your surgeon say about this? Thanks. I feel the skin under my eyes is already extremely thin, so I would not want to make that problem any worse.
The skin is not overly stretched. It's just obvious to me that there is very little fat underneath it now so it wrinkles more easily when I smile, etc. It's not more transparent...you can't see through it. It's just like a think blanket versus a heavy blanket if that makes sense.
Thanks for your response, Amaxy. Keep me posted, as I believe I'm going to have a bleph done in the coming months as well.
Hi Amaxy. I am going through many of the problems you mentioned and am thinking of getting lower lid bleph to fix the herniated fat pad under my left eye. (Have made an appointment to sea an ophthalmic surgeon - a very expensive repercussion at $6000 if I need both done). Are you happy with the results. Did the removal of the fat pad increase the sagging of the skin under the eye and how thin the skin looked. Did your eyes continue to improve over time? I am just over 9 months post injection and the thin, creased tissue under my eyes, plus shadowing and bulging from fat pad look absolutely horrid. My eyes seem to be getting worse. I think the thinning of the tissue under the eye is to do with the muscle thinning under the eye. Does it ever recover? Were you glad you did the bleph. I am feeling SOOO down about this. I hate looking at myself now. My eyes just look wrong :-(
Hi tried but failed. Ive been following some of your old posts. I was botoxed in the cheeks, which resulted in cheek ptosis and months of isolation and misery. Im in my 8th month now. My face is definately a lot better, but my left cheek has not risen up to its normal level. Im still scared of using any kind of antibiotic, as this set me back a couple of months after a gum infection. Have you fully recovered and how long did it take?
Hi, regrets366. I am just wondering how your eye is? Did you ever do anything to try and fix it? I am going through the same thing w/ my left under eye. It's almost 14 mos for me.
My smile is back to normal as of Jan 2010, it took about 5 1/2 months. I will NEVER have botox injected again. That was a long 5 months.
Thrilled for you in Chicago! That's great.
Hi Tami, Did your smile ever go back to normal? Best, Amaxy
Hi Amaxy How're things with you? Cheers TBF
I'm good thanks. Everything is just about back to normal. I feel like my smile isn't 100% back yet...one side still seems a bit higher than the other, but of course it's something that only I probably see. But everything else is back to the way it was...thank god! How are you???