Completely Closed Right Eye

I had botox treatment in my forhead, crowsfeet and...

i had botox treatment in my forhead, crowsfeet and in between eyebrows. suprise for husband in iraq and honeymoon.

pros..wrinkles gone

cons...right eye completely closed. totally paralized

how long do you think this will last? and is it possible that my closed eye only got a little and that it will not last as long as the entire botox treatment? i am literaly blind in my right eye with not being able to open it. i am using the lopidine drops. not a huge help.

why go back and try something that did not work for me int he first place? or why recommend when i was not satisfied?

go to Walgreens or CVS ask the pharmacist 4 drop u could put in your eyes to help the drooping of ur eye
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

How any units did you get that caused this
I hate to say that you are going to experience this nightmare for at least another 2-3 months.
How many units did you get?
Hi did you ever fully recover - I had forehead done and my 11s done 20 units conservative supposedly and now left with eyebrow droop Did you finally heal . . . conservative concocsupposedly conservagtiveconservative
Hi Darlene. It's been snouty 6-7 weeks. Getting there. When I get tired you am really tell. I would NEVER go to him or anyone for Botox. He did juviderm in my lips in Jan and did a beautiful job. Not like duck lips just a little fuller. It does hurt and I mean really hurt. But I would do it again . Hope it helped
Hi. Your condition was caused by your physician injecting the Botox too far out in. the outer lateral portion of your eye close to your eyebrow. This has paralyzed the muscle which opens your eye lid. It will go away but will take a few months. This was a major blunder from whoever injected you and would never happen with someone experienced
im sorry that happened. so glad ur better. Curious though? Would u go back to the same dr. for other treatments? And if your willing to share dr. name. AS i live in the area, and am looking for a well experienced dr. This is every persons nightmare.
you are so lucky. my eye is still paralized and shut most of the time as yours was. i am in week 12. i have to believe that your doctor being supportive and informing you of what was happening was a big part of calming any further anxiety. best of luck.
Oh I'm soooo sorry that happened to u guys, eye closed completely it's not good, but I hope u r much much better now. I'm having similar thing happening but so far my eye is just smaller than other but not completely closed. Freaking out that's for sure...but hope goes away soon. I wish I didn't do botox at all since I didnt have deep wrinkles, just a tiny one and wanted to get rid of that...
glad to hear you are better. PLEASE read up on the possible side effects of fillers. you are beautiful regardless of any "improvements" - in fact, more so . . . please do your research. cosmetic surgery has severely HIGH PRICES. Read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood for a bit of a "reality check" . . . and for a good read.
no kidding. i did not know, but now I do. my eye is 90% back to 'normal, and the other 600.00 in botox is wearing off. so not worthi it. if i do it again, it will be with a filler, not botox. :)
I had Botox and my right eye is 1/2 way closed. terrible. How long did it take to get back to normal? Does ice/heat, teabags, anything help?
Hi, Did your doctor tell you which injection he thinks caused it? I think complications are more likely when injecting into crows feet. That must be so scary. I'm sorry you had to go through this! Glad it's getting a little better. Why don't we hear about these horror stories happening to celebrities?
no, no more botox for me. still not at 100%.
Hello. I believe you are much better now. Don't give up! Please tell me how many units your doctor injected total to your forehead and eyebrows? If you don't know please find out from your doctor. I am highly appreciate you for sharing your story and answer! Anna.
You are so brave to share your botox side effect story with us. it sounds like you're almost better. that's great. i'm betting you won't be doing botox again?! --Jeni J.
Things are better! They will improove. the botox that migrated through th tissue and got to the wrong muscle does wear off. trust me baout being embarrassed...my eye was completely shut. my doctor has been great and very fare. he refunded my money and felt horrble. the good thing is that ist is temporary and you will see a difference as the weeks go bye, I promise.
Sad in tacoma....Did your eye open?
missisteela, Yes, but not all the way. I am at about 75%. I was really stressed out and very unhappy. If i am really lucky, this will all go away in the next few weeks. I wear my sunglasses still and peoples still stare, but i am on my way to being 'normal' again! My Doc has been wonderful and supportive. i would go to him again just for that.
how many units did you have and where???
I just had my botox with a similar reaction, my left eye is noticeably different. I went back to the Doctor and he said he didn't notice anything. I have freinds that walk up to me and ask what is wrong. It's been two weeks for me and no difference yet. With you on this one and hope we will both be better soon.
my friend had a same reaction her eye was closed for about 2 weeks she is ok now but petrified of botox, i had some and i am ok good luck