Flu Symptoms, Numbness, Lethargy, Feeling Awful

Was very nervous of having botox but excited at...

was very nervous of having botox but excited at the same time. procedure went smoothly, doctor was great... had forehead creases injected, horizontal/vertical wrinkle, 11 injections in total... am suffering horrifically post treatment, need some advice desperately as internet surfing is coming up with just horror tories and not helping... rang the doctor who administered the botox... not very helpful i am sad to say :9 pls help

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Had botox on forehead 24 hrs ago, slowly...

had botox on forehead 24 hrs ago, slowly developing cold symptoms, blocked nose and ears, stiff neck, horrific headache, general malaise, nausea, tingling/numbness in cheeks and top lip, gums tingle on and off, eye ball muscles feel as tho they don't want to move, horrific sensation??? and i'm finding it an effort to smile.

is this it for 3 months? please... help, i'm a lone parent finding it very hard to look after my little boy... i just feel like crying... surely the feeling will return to my eyes and cheeks? and i will regain some energy?? i actually feel really weird! this cannot be normal surely? are they gonna last?

is this it for 3 months? surely the feeling will return to my eyes and cheeks? and i will regain some energy?? i actually feel really weird! this cannot be normal surely? are they gonna last?

It is good to have this forum to feel connected. I am in my early 50's. Had my first Botox and restylane injections 2.5 days ago on one side of glabellar region. On the first day, I got a bad headache - migraine-like, and nausea, for 2 days. I took an imitrex for the headache and today I woke up without the headache. However, I now have extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, brain fog. In bed for two days. How long does it take to go away?
Hi Ladies,
I have an update you might be interested in!
As I mentioned above I had a BAD experience with botox last year.
Well, I thought I would try a little bit again by a different person and see how it went.
No problems at all! - I have since had it again, and again, no problems and I'm REALLY happy with the result :-)
The nurse thought it was weird that I had that reaction and that it may have been a 'bad batch' of botox...hmmmm.
I'm still a bit hesitant to get my crows feet done because last time it made me look weird, but once again, this nurse assured me that if it is injected properly there is no weird chipmink cheeks!
So I maaaay try that in the future and get back to you.
Anyway, all is good and I hope you are all great!
Pinky x x x
Yeah, I often think maybe I should try again! And then remember the horrific side effects! I wish they would ban the stuff, and I wonder what all these women would look like having taken for a decade... Surely they'd suffer from muscle atrophy in their faces eventually? I still recommend facial exercise!

this amount of inconvenience on only day 1 after procedure is not worth anything... i feel as though i have a frozen face almost, and its the lack of eyeball movement that is freaking me out... i felt good inside before this procedure, i feel like i am not even myself now....