Botox: Effectively Reduced Depression - West Orange, NJ

After reading an article on the possible effects...

After reading an article on the possible effects Botox could have treating patients who suffer from Depression and Bi-Polar Syndrome, I contacted a well known clinic, for further information. While the study was not definitive, I discovered Botox, if given effectively, could indeed reduce Depression in patients by eliminating, or reducing, the constant frown that often accompanies depressive states.

I decided to have the procedure done, and within days I realized, especially waking in the morning, that my face did not look as bad and I actually began to feel better.

Botox is not, I repeat, is not a replacement for medication but it certainly helped to change my overall state-of-mind. Succinctly, I felt better.

It has been well over a year since my initial post...

It has been well over a year since my initial post above. I have continued Botox Treatments with Dr. Neigel and I think the results have been phenomenal. My disposition has improved 100%, which has had a positive effect in my professional career and my personal life as well. Dr. Neigel is an outstanding professional and I highly recommend her services; she is concerned about the emotional and physical well-being of her patients - this is the best treatment one can possible receive.

After two years and, as this last month (August...

After two years and, as this last month (August 2011), I am happy to update my original comment and too add some further information regarding Dr. Neigel, frankly I could not be happier. Now many things have occurred over the past two years to contribute to my sense of happiness, this is most certainly true indeed and I would never claim that Botox Injections are solely responsible, but those injections started me on a path to feel better, look better, and just have a better disposition on life. Listen when you do not look angry from lines chiseled into your forehead, people are happy to deal with you and, as such, you respond in kind. Well this is what happened, in part, with my changed attitude. I felt better and looked better and people seemed happier to be around me; thus, life began to improve. What could be better.

As I mentioned above, I recently visited Dr. Neigel again and received Botox in my brow - she is just so wonderful and easy to deal with that the visit was a pleasure. After two weeks since my visit, can tell the difference. Personally I think Botox works even better when you are feeling right with the world, and I am feeling right with the world.

Thanks Dr. Neigel!
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox not only reduced wrinkles but, and more importantly, had a direct and nearly immediate impact upon my disposition and state-of-mind.