Botched Sclerotherapy Caused Scars and Hyperpigmented Lesions

I had multiple clusters of spider veins on my legs...

I had multiple clusters of spider veins on my legs. Doctor performed sclerotherapy. All he used to find my veins was a regular light. Ended up going though the veins & injected solution into soft tissue.

Now I have ulcerated scars on both of my legs (he made the same mistake twice!!). The skin surrounding the scar is now hyperpigmented. He said all we could do would be waiting for them to completely heal...then he would cut the original scar out & give me a new (smaller) scar.

Spent 9 months after procedure putting silver sulfadine cream on the lesions & covering with bandages. It has now been one year. Not only do I have the scars/lesions, but the bruising from the other veins that were treated haven't diminished.

Should he have used something else to find the "feeder veins"?. Is this the most appropriate way to treat the scarring? What can I do about the botched job?

I had laser to try to get rid of the staining and I was burned. Now it looks like someone burned me with a cigarette plus the staining. This was in May and the laser scar is not going away. I just wonder how well these people are trained.
Did you see Dr. Oz this past week? A Dr. did a demo of a new method. It was completely painless and he went after the feeder veins. The spider veins just disappeared. I'm interested as my legs were destroyed from injections. The cost was $500. for 40 injections. I would do 5 and wait for the end result. I want to see that girls legs in a month so I hope he has her back on his show.
When you get treatments and start noticing dark, discolored spots, you need to go back into the clinic right away and have them drain the pooled blood- they poke it with a large needle and squeeze the trapped blood out, and this really reduces the chance of hyperpigmentation. The last time I had sclerotherapy done, the nurse performing the procedure told me a lot of clinics do not offer this service and just tell people to wait for it to resolve on its own, which it really doesn't, so if anyone tries sclero again make sure you find a reputable clinic that will do this!