Recent Breast Augmentation with Very Lopsided Implants

My experience thus far has not been great. I feel...

My experience thus far has not been great. I feel like I have gotten the run around on my situation and the doctor is avoiding correcting the issue.

I am at a loss. I am now 4 months post op and went to see my PS 3 weeks ago. He told me my implants have dropped into their pockets and they look pretty close/fine to him. I told him I don't understand why they look so different. The one on the right is totally fine to me but the one on the left is so high and tight. I massage it EVERY night, without fail, for at least 30 min. He told me I should leave it alone or I would end up with a ripple at the bottom of the left one because I do not have enough fat to cover the implant at the bottom. I don't care if there is a ripple at this point. I want them in the same general location. He said I should not have unrealistic expectations. If I really wanted to "move the implant down a little" he said I could squeeze the top fairly hard and push down at the same time and it would stretch the pocket. I've been doing this for 3 weeks and no change at all! As a matter of fact, the implant feels harder. At least before the implants I could go without a shirt and they'd be in the same place. The one on the left is hard and there is pain underneath the muscle on the left side of the left implant.

I am ok with rippling, I'm ok with the fact that I have stretch marks. I just want them to be together so I can go without a bra and not have it so very obvious that they are not together. I also do not have the funds available for a corrective surgery...

I just wanted another opinion before I go back to...

I just wanted another opinion before I go back to him complaining again that I'm really dissatisfied with the end result.

My PS has been extremely cooperative with me in...

My PS has been extremely cooperative with me in efforts to correct my issues with the left implant. In reference to my original post, I feel I was frustrated with the situation at hand but he is a very good surgeon and I just had anatomical issues we had to work around. The first issue was capsular contracture and when he removed the scar tissue, there was nothing to stitch the implant cavity down so it drifted and a 3rd surgery was done after the scar tissue developed. The muscle tore beneath the stitches after that, probably due to me picking up my nephew and a 4th surgery was done. I have been very careful with weight and so far things look great, 5 weeks post op.

Beaumont Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for this info I'll never use this Dr. And I hope no one else will either this is a horrible story. 4 surgeries is too much!
Wow that was an interesting read, I'm with Dr Richard H. Tholen on this one! Your last pic looks much better. Best Wishes :)
I go next week. Crossing fingers and toes. The doctor and I seem to have a good understanding and I think it starts there.
good luck to you 'Confused', I"m sure you feel much better now and I think we're all happy for you.
hugs gf!
You got fixed! Awesome!
I stand by what I said. She should never have stood for what happened. It seemed as though, although I may have misunderstood what she was thinking about, letting it go. I know that most women, myself included, would be too humiliated to ever be seen with the lights on with the botched job and it IS the doctor's responsibility to 'make it right' or to try to do better by her -- anyone--even me-- could see she needed help. I'm glad she's happy now. I make no apologies for encouraging her to find help, whether it was a re-do or from another surgeon, just letting it go would be an injustice to her.HIm re-doing the operation does him a service to his name and reputation. He should stand behind his work, that was what I was saying and she shouldn't even think of backing down from making him stand behind it, he should be glad to do so.
No woman should feel like she has to avoid a swimsuit or the lights after a breast augmentation.
truly, again, hugs to her
Dear confusedandupset,
Your post-op photos look great, and I'm glad you not only hung in there with the process, but resisted the urge to "blame" your surgeon. Charleston1 is wrong--no patient pays for results; they pay for surgery to the best of any surgeon's ability, experience, and training. No patient can promise 100% perfect compliance with advice and recommendations, and no surgeon can promise more than 100% effort. Any surgeon who "promises" or "guarantees" anything is a liar; there is not one among us, doctor or patient, who has gotten their perfection badge in the mail!

You persevered, and you have a nice result for your efforts, even if it took your surgeon 4 operations to make you happy. I applaud his stepping up to the plate for subsequent no-charge procedures. He did this not out of "guilt," but out of charitable honesty in sharing the impossibility of placing "blame." Thanks for posting!
Dr. Tholen
I'm happy for you that things are where you want them to be. The last photo looks very lovely as did your breasts beforehand. Glad you could get a good result; sorry it took so many surgeries!
This is totally unacceptable and I wouldn't take it. You paid for results and this wasn't the result you wanted obviously. No one would. Do not keep your mouth shut. If you do, he'll do it to others. This is totally irresponsible.
I did recently post a 6 week followup photo. It is the last one in my album. :)
I'm glad to hear your journey to a better look appears to be over! No surgeon ever wants to have to re-operate, but as I have said elsewhere, only dead surgeons, retired surgeons, and liars NEVER have re-do surgeries! The "best" ones are those that keep their re-dos to a minimum, and learn each case how to be a bit better for the next patients. That is why experience is one critical factor in choosing a surgeon. When things are settled, pleas include photos so we can see how things have turned out for you. Best wishes!
Dear confusedandupset, Sorry about the issues that you are dealing with. based on the post op pictures that you have shown, it seems the implants may have been too big for your frame. In order to accomadate this large implant, the pockets were probably over-dissected. You will need more corrective surgery to have this fixed. Please make sure that you choose a well-reputed surgeon who is board certified by the ABPS and ask many questions before you agree to more surgery.
Dr. V
South Shore Plastic Surgery
Thanks, but 4 surgeries later, I am fine now.

I'm sorry you had to go through this again, but I'm glad you are happier with your results. Thanks for keeping us posted through this process.

The surgery went well and I am satisfied with my results. They will never be 100% but they are pretty close. I still have a little bit before this implant completely drops but it already looks tons better. Thank for all the support, everyone.
How did your surgery go?
Good luck sweetie.
I feel really bad for your awful results. Your story has me reconsidering have a BA done. My bust actually looks similar to yours Pre-op (34A)+ lots of stretch marks from having children. I want fuller breasts but am scared of under going surgery and bad results. I really wish you the best.
The multiple surgeries stink but I have come to the decision that I would still do it over again. Don't let my results scare you. Less than a 5th of the population who has BA goes through this. The first time was initial surgery, the second to correct capsular contracture and the third because of movement. The fourth is to move it again because the tissue tore where the stitches were holding it in place so it wouldn't cross the medial line. I have a good doctor, apparantly I just have bad internal anatomy. Surgery March 7.
Thanks, but unfortunately, I have another surgery scheduled for spring break.
Good luck with your redo! I'm praying for you!
First- I would like to say you looked very nice and even to begain with, natural. Second- I did this and doctor after doctor and never got better. Third- How dare he lie to you and go against your wishes for size! Shame on him. I could understand if he could not go big enough because of room but that is it. You will never get better unless you remove and let everything heal befor re-implant. Sorry but, mark my words it is true! blessing and bet of luck to you.

We're thinking about you here and hoping you get a good result without having to go through another surgery.

I keep hoping for some good news from you. Hugs sweetie!
Have you thought about explanting the implants and using the fat transfer method and then revisiting adding implants again later? Maybe your breasts need a breather from the intense procedures. Sorry you're going through this.
Shoot. I was hoping you were looking good for the holidays.