Asymmetrical Breast Implants

The main reason I got implants was to correct the...

The main reason I got implants was to correct the asymmetry of my breasts. I felt like they were very uneven and it made me self conscious.

I am now 3 weeks post-op and my breasts still do not look even to me, just bigger. During my 1 week post-op appt, my doctor was surprised that I wasn't pleased and said they look pretty even. I would like someone else's opinion.

Do my breasts look even or do I need to get my...

Do my breasts look even or do I need to get my breast augmentation corrected?

I haven't been on my page in forever so I just...

I haven't been on my page in forever so I just wanted to give a quick update/re-cap. In Aug. 2009, I had my initial breast augmentation with 300 cc in the right breast and 225 in the left breast. When I woke up from surgery, I could immediately tell that my breasts were still uneven and I told this to the nurse. Everyone brushed off my comment because I was just waking up. When I returned for my post-op appts, Dr. Taki seemed completely surprised that I thought my breasts were still uneven. I wish I had videotaped the surgery because I truly think he put the same cc's in both implants. My breasts looked just as uneven as before, only larger. In Dec. 2009, I returned to Dr. Taki to correct my right breast implant, which now has 380 cc's. It's now Aug. 2011 and I feel like my breasts are the same size but they aren't even. My right breast is slightly higher and more firm on top. With a push-up bra (34D), my breasts look nice. Without a bra, they look uneven because of the higher implant. Dr. Taki NEVER discussed the possibility of multiple surgeries and charged me for the 2nd surgery to correct his 80 cc mistake. I do not trust him and would not recommend him to anyone.

I forgot to mention that Dr. Taki took BEFORE...

I forgot to mention that Dr. Taki took BEFORE photos of my breasts but never bothered taking AFTER photos....I wonder why.... I guess patients with poor results don't make it in the photo album he shows prospective patients.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Speaking honestly, I showed my friend your before and after and said that I hope my boobs come out looking as great as yours when I have them fixed (small and asymmetrical). Asymmetry is VERY hard to correct. In my opinion you look absolutely fantastic. You look the absolute best we lopsided ladies could ever hope for. No woman is perfectly symmetrical, and in my opinion your new level of asymmetry is well within the hardly noticeable/ normal range. You look great and I hope you've come to love them! I just hope I can look as good as you :)
Thank you so much for the compliment. It's been 3-1/2 years now since my surgery and I am stil so happy I had the surgery. I would do it all over again if I had to. I feel so much better about myself. I wish you best of luck and let me know if you have any questions.
i had my ba and lift already. my dr did tell me it is difficult to get perfectly symmetric breast. he said we had to forgive the doctors for a 10 to 20 cc difference. maybe i was being too critical on your pictures before...i think if i didn't know i wouldn't have seen it. my doctor told me he had to remove 100 grams of breast tissue. to start on the same size for both and increase both with the implants once they were even. i do wonder if all plastic surgeons consider that or just try to fit different size implants with they hopes of symmetry.
btw your boobies look good and I hope you are happy with the result.
I wanted to correct asymmetry of my breasts with implants but was told that my breasts will be bigger but still asymmetrical, like I would have a bigger version of what I have now. So, I postponed the surgery.
Brave fox, This is true, however many doctors will use a lift in conjunction with implants tailored to each boob to help correct asymmetry. It's tough but a good doc should be able to give good improvement.
I think you boobies look awesome.
i think they look great
I would advise against larger. I went larger in both breasts, he did this to try and correct the asymmetry, however its WORSE now. Both of my breasts now shift to the left, one sticks out 1/4-1/2" farther. I am so unhappy with the implants. Finding a bra is even harder now, I have to wear nursing bras now.
Because of the asymmetry, I am too embarrassed to wear tight clothing. I wear baggy shirts with either a cardigan or button up over it to try and hide it.

I cannot say I am satisfied in the least bit with my augmentation. But, I have put all my money into the 3 surgeries I have already had. Im broke.
Sorry to hear that ; my breasts are not even either, but really wondering if I should spend some more money trying to fix the situation when it might just not be worth it. Did you find any bra that could help in the meantime? Thanks C
I have yet to find a bra, i wear lace shelf type bras. My left breast is getting worse, it falls badly to the left and is very round, my right is straight on and harder. I am very unhappy over all. I would maybe go to a couple different doctors to see what they suggest. If i could go back, I would not have gone for my 3rd surgery, I feel my breasts are worse now. Hope I was of some assistance.
I have such a hard time to find bras; every single one seems to dig into my skin. I wonder if that happens when you have high profile implants . :/ I personally by the way decided i will not go through another surgery only to fix the asymmetry. I hope it will not bug me as much in a few months time ... C
yes, unfortunately it is quiet obvious. i too have asymmetry problems. the doctor who did my TT will do my BA w/ lift next year. he told me it's not an obvious difference in my breast. which makes me nervous. i fear of getting larger and lifted breast BUT still different sizes. i hope you're happy in the end!
I agree that the left breast is slightly bigger! However you look awesome. I am sorry that you may feel uncomfortable with the results but you look amazing. I am hoping to get implants later this year but worry about pain, scarring, and wonder if my breast will feel like rocks instead of nice soft tissue. I am scared.
Hi Silverlily25!
I also had the same asymmetry issue before I got implants but I had more sagging too. My right side was a lot bigger than my left side. My PS said he would do his best to even them out but he couldn't guarantee they would be exactly identical in size. If you look at my before and after pictures you will see that after my surgery my breast we more even. My right side is still a little swollen which is normal.
I do notice and agree with you that your one breast is larger than the other one. You might want to see another PS to get a second opinion. I had 400 cc's on my left and 420 cc's on my right.
I agree, your LEFT breast is still larger
Looking at both your pre and post to me your left (my right) looks bigger in both before, and after.
After my 3rd surgery, my breasts are still uneven. My left breast sticks out farther than my right. I even had him put in new implants with my third surgery hoping it would make it less noticeable. I am still having issues finding a bra, as all bra's I have tried make the asymmetry more noticeable. I hear from 80% of females they have an asymmetry issue as well. You don't go in with perfect breasts, you can't expect to come out with perfect breasts. These doctors can only do so much. I am very appreciate and thankful for everything he has done to help me. Dr Leber is a great doctor and I HIGHLY recommend him for breast augmentation.
However, If I could go back, I would have not had augmentation done, but, again... Dr Leber was supportive and great through the process.
now that it has been little over a year, are your breasts still uneven? I went to the same surgeon as you did. are you happy with your results now or did you go to a different surgeon or did he fix the problem?
Were you happy with Dr. Taki? Please see my update at the very top of the page.
I am so sorry you had to go throw all of this, it should have been done right the first time, and I don't think you should have been charged for the second time, to fix his mistake. I am happy with my results, but with the first couple of appointments he was very good, after that he would rush in my appoinments, I didn't feel like I was able to discuss my concerns to him. that is one part I do not like. I have one last appoinment in November for my final one for pictures, did you go the second time for pictures? did he finally listen to your concerns for the second time you went in?
It's been so long since my surgery that I don't remember all the specifics, but I definitely agree that he rushed in and out of my post-op appts. He was only in the room for a minute or two. (I put another update at the top of the page.)
My breasts are also uneven. Still have not found a surgeon I can trust to go to. But 2 out of the 3 consultations they have told me i need a mini lift on the larger breast to even them out and all PS said i need more CC's in the smaller breast. Maybe you can just go and get mini lift on the saggier one? I know one surgeon didnt want to do the mini lift until a year later to see my end results.
I have the same problem you do. I been to 3 consultations. Each surgeon has told me the larger breast would need a mini lift to make them even. Maybe your surgeon didnt want extra scarring since your breasts dont look bad at all. My case is worse. You can still get the mini lift they are not that expensive (compared to implants) I think you like fine though.
In response to the comment above me...Dr Leber is a highly skilled board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Dr Borsand however is not a board certified plastic surgeon. I am a previous patient of Dr. Leber's and my exprience was quite the opposite. To any one who reads her post I would advise to look through his website. That is what made Dr. Leber stand out for me to begin with. I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but from what I know of Dr. Leber if you addressed your concerns with him I'm sure he would be willing to work with you and even go out of his way to make sure that you are happy.