Lifestyle Lift for Turkey Neck - Waiting for Results, Unsure About Recovery Instructions - Albuquerque, NM

I hated my "wattle" for years,(turkey...

I hated my "wattle" for years,(turkey neck,) & finally decided to have it removed. I could never afford an "official" facelift, done by a regular plastic surgeon, but when I saw the LifeStyle Lift reasonably priced ad, I immediately investigated, both the company & the surgeon who would do the job. The official LifeStyle Lift procedure would take care of my jowls also, & the platysmaplasty, (turkey-neck removal) would be extra.

All of my free consultation questions were answered truthfully, & I asked to see the surgeon, & I felt that he, too, was truthful, & very qualified, as he had just been named a "Top Doc" in the Albuquerque magazine, the town in which I live.

My pre-op orders were to avoid all nsaids, (that is, ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.)for 2 weeks before surgery, and also alcohol for 1 week pre-op. I was medicated the day of surgery with cephalexen, (an antibiotic,) an anti-nausea pill, & 15 mg diazepam, (Valium.) The surgery went well, & the main pain was from the pricking of the lidocaine local anesthetic injections on the second side of the face, as chilling with ice cubes could not be done on that side because ice cannot be made sterile.

In general, the company delivered what it promised. However, my complaints are these:

1) no one told me that my face would swell to basketball size post-op (although they did say to use ice bags for 20 minutes/hour, this did not help,

2) no one told me that I would have one black eye, plus large dark purple/bluish bruises on either side of my mouth,

3) that I might be allergic to the material in the bandage/chin sling which I had to wear to support the wattle-lift for 24 hrs the 1st week, then at bedtime only for the next 30 days, and

4) no one told me that I could order an "easier to apply" chin support wrap. The one they gave me to use is difficult to apply & a pain in the neck--no pun intended. I ordered one, but not until post-op. I would have liked to have it for right after the surgery, & I think that the company is "a cheap skate" for not just giving their wattle patients one included in the total package.

The doctor didn't get all of the "turkey neck," as I still have a thin (1/2 inch wide) strip of it. When I push it in to make my neck an "L" instead of a slide, I look so much younger. So--I am only 75% satisfied with the LL.

Hi Marilyn,

Just curious how you're doing now. Have you decided if the Lifestyle Lift was worth it?

I am considering this procedure but after seeing the photos of the gal, I am nervous. I am 46yrs old and have a terrible sagging under chin and I cannot even look in the mirror......anyone had the procedure done in Seattle? Kathleen

My experience was ruined by my laser treatment,...

My experience was ruined by my laser treatment, which failed, because the doctor did not go deep enough. I had severe pain while he did the job, but he didn't stop. Then I had NO results--no redness, no scabbing, no tiny dots--but my $1000 was gone.Then they would not answer my calls about getting my money back. The doctor & the head service director, (a man,) are jerks for the way they treated the laser experience.

(I cannot send a photo, as I don't know how to scan & send.)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

I cannot make a blanket approval because it is only 3 days from my surgery, & I need to see how I look after my black eye & bruises go away, & my stitches are removed.