Had Total FX on 6/5/09 - Pensacola, Florida

It was very uncomfortable. I received numbing...

It was very uncomfortable. I received numbing cream, 4 dental blocks and shots around my eyes. The worst part was around the outside of my face. A few times I thought I'd come out of the chair, but I figure I gave birth to a child so I can endure just about anything for the 20 minutes it took to obliterate the skin on my face. Oh, the things we go through to look good.

I had mine done for some pretty intense melasma that I have been dealing with for 7 or 8 years and mild acne scarring. I am knocking on 40's door really hard and am ready to start worrying about wrinkles like the rest of my friends. I haven't been able to even think about fine lines and crow's feet. When your skin looks bad all over, a few wrinkles are no big deal.

I am on day 5 now and am extremely optimistic. I have been reading your stories every day for weeks and thought maybe it's my turn to encourage someone else.

Yesterday was horrible and then the most beautiful thing happened when I washed last night...my old skin started rolling off. I could probably get more off if I tried, but I am following Dr's orders to a "T". The skin underneath is very red, but extremely smooth. I can't tell how much the scarring will be reduced, but I know the melasma is gone for now and that is enough for me...anything else is just a bonus. I may never go outside again and will follow a strict sunscreen policy. Maybe the Obagi will work for me now.

A word of caution, this procedure is really hard on your self esteem. Since day 2, I have been thinking, "what have I done...was my skin really that bad?" Although the past 4 days have been kind of rough, I am sure the payoff will be worth it.

It's been 9 days and I am thrilled. I am...

It's been 9 days and I am thrilled. I am excited to see how much it will help with the scarring since I have to wait a few months for that answer. I am still a little red and I still have some flaking, but nothing I can't handle. The pic I took today is makeup free, except for some lip gloss. My husband is amazed by the transformation. This procedure is like going from a caterpillar to a butterfly...kinda gross but totally worth the metamorphosis. I definately stand by my recommendation. I'd say if you have real skin issues go for it, follow your doctor's advice implicitly and be patient.

Pensacola Dermatologist

I have been seeing my doctor for years and he has always been very good to me. I think he's the best dermatologist in the area.