Its still here - Worse Than Before - Calumet City, IL

I orginally went to dr. for acne, but while there...

I orginally went to dr. for acne, but while there i explained to dr. that in june i was going on vacation and that i would like to go with a clear face, and she suggested that i do the chemical peel.

She gave me and antbiotic to take for a month and retina and cephil to use on my face,then i went back to her in about 2 weeks for a chemical peel, while the ma was cleaning my face, for the peel and it was burning, i told her and the dermotologist, who then said we will do the b-lift 20% instead of the chemical peel, it burned like she sid when she applied it and then it cooled down, i washed my face, it was frost white, and then the ma applied moistureizer and sunscreen, the spots then turned dark, the dr. sid it was died skin and that it will fall off in 24 hours.

Its still here and it looks horrible it looks like burns is this normal and will it heal i leave for miami on the 24th of june

What happened after dat?, Plzz plZ tell me on aniket.chugh50@gmail.com
Remember Hun, patience is a virtue for skin peels and this goes for all skin types and complexions! The dead skin will fall off on its on so never pick at it. If you do, it can possibly leave a scare. It needs to heel on its own and at its own pace. Yes, you will be walking around looking like a burn victim for a few days, but it will honestly heel and eventually look great! Now, if you accidentally burned your skin it'll take some time, but still heel nicely. I did it once in a small area that was more sensitive when doing my 1st layered 15% TCA. But, you must be very, very patient. Just keep it hydrated throughout the day and continue to protect your skin post peel w/ a really good sunscreen or sunblock product. I also know of another great product that you can use to aid w/ the moisturizing, but it's somewhat pricey. I used it during my peel for the first seven days along w/ my other traditional post-peels products and my skin heeled just fine. I was looking fabulous by day 10 w/ no brown spots of any sort in sight!
Hey! I m going through the same problem..... can anyone tell me how long these brown spots after peeling?
It depends on the type of peel you performed, the percentage, and how sensitive your skin is. I've performed two TCA-peels (1st one @12.5% and 2nd one @15%)...and both peels healing process for me was 8-10 days. My face was completely heeled and looking its best on the tenth day. Days right and nine weren't bad, I just still had a few brown spots here and there in the areas that frosted. So, I would say less than two weeks at most that it'll take for the brown spots to be completely gone after the peel. By the way, if anyone is wondering...my skin is oily during the Spring, Summer, and Fall and combination during the Winter months. Also, I am a dark-skinned Black American of Jamaican heritage. (Kelly Rowland's complexion.) To help your skin heel best, keep it moisturized and drink lots of water...and of course, ALWAYS use a sunscreen that's at least 30spf or higher. I use Nuetrongena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Suncreen Broad Spectrum SPF 100+. Other products I use post peel are...a Green Tea/Pomegranate Cleansing Gel and toner (AM/PM), a quick recovery post-treatment cream to help w/ redness and irritation by Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories, an Aloe Jelly Lavendar product to moisturize, and Neosporin to prevent itchiness and infection (1st 3 days)...and sometimes Hyaluronic Serum to also help w/ retaining and revitalizing the skin's moisture level (can use any day on a daily basis if you chose). I use this serum regardless of performing a peel or not to be honest. It's great! Hope this helps!! Dee VA Beach
Vantex bleaching cream is great for darker skin. Its sold by fashion fair
On no, there's no need for a bleaching cream as yet if the "dead skin" (brown spots) is still peeling. My face had looked much worse than this after I performed my second TCA peel which was at 15% and layered twice for a total of 8-10 minutes (4-5 minutes per layer ONLY). After her skin has completely heeled, she can then later add an ascorbic acid serum (@ least 18% or higher if you can tolerate it) to her daily regimen. I use 30x...by Med Peel. I also have Elizabeth Grant's Vitamin C serum which contains some other great oils in the product. Anyway, the EG Vitamin C percentage is 20%. It's not listed on the product or the site. I actually called the company that's located in Canada to inquire about the percentage. But, these are just the ones I use. There are many other great companies that produce ascorbic acid serums and the prices all vary from $18 to as highest $60 on average. I prefer not to pay more than $30 per bottle. I lucked out by catching a sale w/ my Med Peel Vit C purchase though and got it for a steal at 2 for $30. So, $15 each!
Hi, I wanted to know if you found anyway to get the dark spots off, including the ones that were the result of the peel? I have brown spots and I used a fusion peel on just those spots and also have some darker spots and larger than the one I was trying to remove. Is there a way to remove the brown spots for darker people? I have darker skin, not black, but dark. I'm not really a novice as I've used light peel and glycolic for many years on a regular basis. Thanks, and I hope you found something because it isn't a good feeling. Making a situation greater than what is was isn't always a good thing. -Thanks for any feedback you can give on rectifying this....Mgd
It's very different effects for darker skin (olive skin). I've read that on numerous articles. I just thought my face would be fine since I've used peel and a high percentage of glycolic before. The amount of time you have the product on your face is criticial. One side of my face has one of the spots lighter, while I have an additional light spot that wasn't there to begin with. The other side of my face where I think I put a little more of the product, it is darker and larger. I'm hoping that it'll heal because it looks like it might, but it's been 2 weeks now. It's lighter than the previous week. Another peel might lighten it or might not, concerned at doing that in case it would get darker? In another week I'll know whether the darker spot totally lightens? At this point I'm unsure. I would suggest consulting someone, professional or if you have small blemish on your body put the product there and see how your skin reacts. Fortunately I only put the product where I had the brown spot.
what happened to your skin after that. Pls mail me your answer and suggetion to my mail id below. I am a dark person and is planning to do a peel. pls pls respond to my query. navjithjithu@gmail.com
Do you know...what happened next plzz tell me
I have a gazillion pics if you'll like to see some. I always take before and after shots of all my peels to post in a skin care blog. Just let me know! You're welcome to send me a private comment. But, my skin looks great right now!
hi i dd a fusion peel and its dark and wrinkle around my mouth area it was dark and wrinkle before but got worse after the peel...and i also see some darks spots on my cheek that was not there before i did the peel do you think it will go away
No...the treated skin will NOT peel off in 24 hours...it's more like it will be red & then in a couple days turn brown, then begin to peel off gradually in a several days (3-4)...but do not pick or peel of the dried peels of skin!..that will only make discolored scarring. You have to be very careful w/ Asian & Black or dark complexions...you do not want to injury the melenocytes which give your complexion it's color or you could end up with white patches of skin(and I mean very white!). Protect your skin ongoing after using TCA or sun exposure may cause discoloration too. Best to you!
Hmmm...It seems that some people like to experiment with acids even though they have no training in skincare let alone the use of acids. I am a certified aesthetician and have done chemical peels on every ethnicity. Because I know what I am doing and have paid for various advanced classes on chemical peels, I have never had a problem or adverse reaction. And black skin has to be treated differently than white skin and any person trained in chemical peels knows this. When you pay for a chemical peel, you are paying for the person's experience, training and expertise...not just the cost of the products used. Leave chemical peels to professionals who have been trained!

did your skin heel? is there any scaring? how long did it take to heel?

People of color especially those with dark skin, have to be careful when receiving peels because a peel can cause hyperpigmentation. I noticed that you were on antibiotics and using retina prior to the peel, Both of these can have an adverse affect on dark skin when getting a peel. Extreme care must be taken, the skin cant be scrubbed or irritated before the peel and the use of retina can caues the peel to work really fast. Frosting occurs during the peel however on dark skin you dont want too much frosting the more frost the deeper the peel which could cause hyperpigmentation. Lighter skin with a fitzpatrick of 1-3 an aesthetician can be more agressive and give a deeper peel (more frosting) applying more layers of the peeling solution, but on darker skin less is more.
I know it has been awhile since you had that peel, but I was wondering if your skin healed?
Was there any scarring. Usually peels are not for women who have a darker skin tone and meant for Fitzpatrick 1-3.
Does the chemical peel help to shrink pores?
I had a week ago, there is no swelling. But, lots of peeling 3 days after and my face is still peeling.
i had a chemical peel 4 days ago. i went to a medical aesthetician. my question is , is it normal for your face to swell( alot). i'm using vaseline, but my face is really tight. but the swelling is what i'm worried about. they didn't say anything about swelling. does anyone have an answer.
@sedona
Yes swelling can happen with chemical peels. Do not use vaseline. I surprised they didn't tell you that. Use neosporin twice a day.
Hi all, Is it customary to tip a aesthetician in medical setting spa.
omg the skin looks horrible!!! :( did it eventually resolve?
use vaseline to keep moist , and the face will not feel tight, u won't have much discomfort , i buy my peel from ebay i paid 12 dollars on it..100% a small bottle like my little finger, 100% tca i used diluted to 20% only nvere use higher..burns and scars..hmm i add 1 mesure of tca and 3-4 mesures of water..is 25% that is how i prepare my tca..i use a small bottle cap to mesure use equal parts...and do not stay more then 4 minutes..use vaseline all over, wash morning with mild cleansear i use estee lauder..it takes between 5-7-10 days until the skin falls depends from on to another,, am day 3 after my peel today i got burned patches,,but my skin felt off 2 cm on my right cheek so am peeling :)) but i think is gonna be slow...i will wate 10 days and don't look in the mirror too often..x
Don't worry! Your dr is wrong when said it will fall of 24hrs. It usually took exactly 2 weeks. Your dr should give you peeling lotion with it. I use neosporin. It does the job of peeling. Basically, your skin need to be super moisture. After the skin get super soft, you can go ahead peel it yourself and the skin come off very easy. Your new skin look fabulous soft and smooth like a baby! TCA is a good peeling. You been charge too high. I peel myself only 50$ with 25x peel! I bought mine on ebay.