Hematoma Formation After Skin Graft for Acne Scars - Australia

Treatment to help acne scarring. Subcision...

Treatment to help acne scarring. Subcision performed at the are first then skin taken from behind the ear and graterd into the area.

I develped a hematoma a few days after a skin grafting procedure to treat acne scarring. The Dr advised to leave it after day 5 and then gently massage it. The hematoma got larger and became organized. 3 Weeks later the Dr removed some of it. When taking the stitches out it looked a lot better but 3 days later it swelled up again. 5 weeks on it is now just a mass of skin. Slightly reddish and completely hard. Not really tender.

5 weeks out and I am left with a large hematoma. I fear this maybe a long term complication.

I fear long term scarring and disfigurement. Is there hope? If all the hardness is removed will it swell up again and I will be in a continuous cycle of treatment after treatment. What is causing the area to always swell up into a hard lump. I think it is the graft being rejected. Does the original graft need removing as well if this is the case?

i don't think this is skin graft. it should be dermal graft. a piece of dermal transplant in underneath the skin. you need dermabrasion to smooth the lump in order to level with the rest of your skin.
I had something similar after having a brown area removed. A steriod injection helped. Good Luck but get a second opinion asap
Hi. Thank you sincerely for sharing this and helping others. I will never opt for this procedure now. Thank you with all my heart, youre a good person and Im truly sorry with all my heart that he did this to you! He should give you a refund for all costs!
Why did the dr. Feel that was the correct treatment? Why did you not try fraxel restore. Confused. I also had scars from acne, after 3 treatments they are very light, most of it gone. Had a treatment every 4 months,
Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good,I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on i
Sorry it's been too long , but how you doing now ? did it fade eventually ?