Are my Acne/chickenpox Hopeless? Many Procedures...what Next?

A few years ago i had dermabrasion performed for...

A few years ago i had dermabrasion performed for facial (acne/chickenpox) scarring. That seemed to not help very much and the aftercare was much to handle. Still deteremined to reduce my scars I had a series of four Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing procedures performed this past year. There was little discomfort and recovery was much shorter. I have noticed my skin is smoother but not yet the results I was hoping for. My forehead seemed to result better from the laser.

I have had dermabrasion and several Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing treatments but the results are not as good as I had hoped. I am considering more Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing procedures or considering using another laser such as the Active FX. I know my skin will never be perfect however I have a goal which is to not have these ugly indents on my face! My skin always looks awesome after the fractional CO2 due to the swelling. Can anyone advise as to what my next step should be. THANKS

thank you for the tip. I actually ordered a dermaroller 1,5mm to use at home. i will keep you posted of the progress!
I have been through the exact same experience. First tried microdermabrasion, which did not do anything but help temporarily. I've now had 4 fractional CO2 laser treatments, and have had good results (for my scarring anyway). I certainly wouldn't say there was little discomfort though - my recovery was not comfortable. I've heard that certain injectables can help, but have not ever discussed it with a doctor, since I know my scars require more than this. Yours look great though, so maybe something to at least check into. If my scars get to where yours are, I'll be happy!!!!
My mother used Accutane and regrets it. Now that she is older she is lathering her skin with creams. He face doesn't produce oils as it should and now she is battling wrinkles. Just stating why she regrets it.
what skin tone to you have? There are I think fiver types. Type I, II, III to V. Are you olive, white skin with pink/redish tone, brown???? YOur good result maybe due to the particular skin you have. I am glad you got good result.
Brad What have you tried so far??
Brad B You have to see a derm and take Accutane.... It will change your life..Look at the reviews on this site.. You shouldn't have to live with it in this day and age... Avoid lasers until you try this first I am assuming you are male from your name..A derm will be more likely to prescribe it because of this... Be persistant and find a good Derm.... What area are you in???
i am 23 years old and i still have bad acne. it has gotten better since i was little but worried it will never go away. i believe my acne was inherited cause my dads dad and my dad and my brothers have it. i havent found any real cure or way to make it better. the soaps and medecine doesn"t help either. if any one knows of anything that could be of help or maybe some treatments that could help. let me know. i hate not being able to take off my shirt in public. cause i used to love swimming
My daughter used Accutane when she had cystic acne and it helped her tremendously! We had to consider the serious side effects first, of course. I think the side effects are worst for females, if I remember correctly. This was a long time ago, so forgive me for forgetting! Once she had the Accutane treatments, she never had acne again. She felt like it changed her life! I think you should at least check into it with a dermatologist. Good luck!
*worse
Get a litle fat grafting it has stem cells that help the skin repair as well as filling the area out...And check out derma roller before spending more on fraxel same thing without the risk of burning You could try restylane first to see if you like it...
I have rolling acne scars and I also do fraxels (restore). I never heard about fat grafting stem cells. I do have a filler injected on my cheeks to have more volume but it does not do anything for the scars. unless this fat injection you are talking about is at the surface... is this the case? so we are saying permanent microswelling?
try skin needling . It's opening the skin for collagen deposits to form. It takes 6 sessions over 2 years and the doctor gives you a roller to use ones a week to promote the treatment. Laser Co2 IS GOOD FOR AWHILE but not so affective as SKIN NEEDLING . I tried everything and found Laser Co2 for 3 years and Skin Needling for a few years will make your skin smooth like a baby's skin. I can send you pictures. travel.grace@gmail.com
after using the dermroller apply a natural oil.......ARAGAN OIL or bio oil to help restore the cells and plump the skin to fill the pot holes formed by acne. Doctors can cure us and tell us what to do but if Doctors did not experience this ailment cannot understand how we feel when we see our skin covered with acne, we cure them with Accutane and tea tree oil and then left with scars .....because we pick on them and cause the scar . How can you resist not picking on them when you are going out and look at your face with pimples full of pus. I 'v been there and can sympathize with everyone that suffered this hormone imbalance that cause this horrible skin problem.....ACNE..