A Year After Smart Lipo; Not Worth It, Save Your Money

I had smartlipo a year ago. I look worse than I...

I had smartlipo a year ago. I look worse than I did with lumps, sagging, uneven skin tone, uneven legs, stomach and arms.

I was told when I went in for the last appointment by one of the nurses that no one is usually happy with this procedure. I wonder why doctors are getting away performing this? my guess is because we all look at the before and after photos and believe them and they are all doing it for the money (don't be fooled); please don't do this to yourself, all the pain and now not able to wear shorts (forget about wearing a bathing suit) or shirts that show any of the upper arm areas (yes I look that bad).

After the procedure my doctor gave me some other treatments to firm the areas and then did painful unsatisfactory mesotherapy. After all that I've come to the realization that I made a huge mistake and there is nothing now that I can do but warn others please do not do this to yourself. Seeing the look in my partner's eyes now says it all.

I do not recommend any doctor, read what others are saying and judge for yourself.

I had SmartLipo the last week of August 2013. Since then, I have not been good with my diet and exercise and have gained weight. Since fat was removed from my abdomen (top and bottom) and flanks, it made me more curvy. I've gained all over but my whole shape has changed. I am now super curvy and my husband actually loves my "big butt" now. Go figure. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the results of the procedure. I was pleasantly surprised by the shape change. I am now back on the wagon to a good lifestyle so in about 8 weeks I should be exactly where I want to be and I'm extremely interested to see if I have any of the "lumps" mentioned in other posts.
I feel the same way, had lipo on my thighs, inner and outer and although I am smaller. My thigh's look worse then before the lipo. At least before lipo, I had smooth skin, now they are dented and I have horrible cellulite. I will not wear shorts or a bikini, 8,000 down the drain. I live in Houston. Need a revision and do not know what to do or who to go to.
Hello! first of all i want to say sorry for your bad experience and i hope everything gets better. I live in houston too and i was thinking about doing the smartlipo. Hearing your results im worried now, but i would like to know what doctor you went with so i know NOT to go with him!!
I feel the same way... I had smart lipo done a little over a year ago and its horrible... My saddle bags have gone down some but has left me with cellulite all over my legs. My inner thighs are the worse and my right leg, for some reason, is just gross. Lose skin and indentation and I can't wear shorts now and forget about a swimming suit without total embarrassment. If I could do something legally I would in a heart beat.. I had it done on my saddle bags, inner and outer thighs and I would NEVER recommend it to anyone.. I really makes it worse!! So unhappy ~
Judylikestojam Please give me initals of your doctor, as I am thinking of having some lipo and do not want to choose your doctor. The initals of my doc are J.B Thanks
if you are a middle-aged or older female, can you expect the smart lipo around the abdomen and flanks to last or do you just spread again? I don't really see sustained results from SL last December...does anyone know? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
I had SL done on my thighs over one year ago. They are slimmer, but the skin remains saggy, wrinkled, discolored and lumpy and I still have scar tissue and areas that remain numb. Post-op I experienced severe swelling, bruising, needle like jabbing pains, fluid filled sacks on my inner thighs and frequent fluctuations in body temp - this continued for several weeks. My thighs now have an unnatural scarred appearance and the transition from my thighs to lower legs is not attractive. My doctor performed a number of skin tightening procedures on me several weeks post-op, but I'm not sure they helped as much as we had both hoped they would. I work out regularly, eat right, drink lots of water and invested close to $10,000 for legs that would look nice enough to wear an above the knee skirt, shorts or a bathing suit. For me my investment has yet to pay off. If you are considering having SL done, please be aware that it is not the "back to work the next day" fix it is hyped up to be for everyone. For me there is work yet to be done and I don't think I will choose SL the next time.
this happened to me also. i did my abdomen area im tiny to begin with and jsut wanted that flab gone after having two kids. it rid that not 100% but rid alot of it when i lean over however now standing uprite im lumpy bumpy and uneven. yet its solid and hard not mushy so i was told my dr took out too much fat on me and this is the end result. im so upset over this and look worse than before and i spent 4300 dollars and i being a single parent dont have money to burn but i did things as i had some money saved from my old job. my dr is a facial surgeon but has done this before as ive seen it on a really pretty woman he had as a spokesmodel there. she never had kids so she had diff body than i did. ppl tell me to go back to him but for wut? so he can give me excuses and ruin me more? im now going this fall to dr sherwood baxt md an amazing surgeon who i shuldve gone to in the 1st place for him to fix it. he has to pull down the skin and try to rid this bumpy look and also the smartlipo left two big scars on my lower abs area which he will rid those too. i was told by this other dr that id have that hip hugger look where i can wear some low rise jeans again but now i dont wanna be seen in a bikini anymore. i had such high hopes and i had a male friend tell me that it looks nasty now... im mortified....and out 4300 bux
Hey mamaags, did you see Dr. Sherwood yet? How does it look? How much does he charge for the smartlipo on abs?
im really to hear about your experience, however did you recently loose alot of weight? they warm about that. Hope your confidence gains and let your surgeon know you are unhappy with the results. They may redo the lipo. Good luck and take care