6 Months out with Fraxel Repair Neck and Face - Charlotte, NC

Fraxel Repair is by far no facelift, but you do...

Fraxel Repair is by far no facelift, but you do get results. Up to three months out I had very smooth skin. I'm guessing it is a temporary look, much like a peel. I was reddish and smooth as a baby's behind.

Now six months out you can see the lines again. My face is not as taut. The lines are not as severe, but not like the smoothness of three months out from the procedure. Overall, I'm okay with the results, but I was expecting more because of the hype. I understand you can have second treatments and I'm thinking about that.

I am 58 and my skin is young for my age. Again, if you are expecting facelift results, you will be disappointed. If you're not a chicken like I am, go for the facelift. In the long run it won't be anymore expensive because I'm thinking that any amount of wrinkling will require two treatments. Even then, would it be comparable to a facelift and would it last? If you have any saggy eyes, the fraxel will help, but it won't be like a blepharoplasy (sp).

There are different levels also on the Fraxel Repair. You might get different results with higher joules and % of coverage. Mine was set at 40% on face, 30% neck, and 25% eyelids; I forget the joules. Ask your Dr. about the setting he/she plans to use and why.

Thanks for the long term benefits or should I say fleeting benefits. There needs to be more discussion on the long term benefits as this is relatively a new technology that has not been in practice every long. I was in between Fraxel Repair and a quad blepharoplasy...I am now leaning to the latter... Thanks for your perspective...as the benefit vs. the return does not seem to pay off in the long run...
copper peptide
what is cp cream ?
Charlotte Dermatologist

Has lots of laser experience