22 Days After Lipo and in Severe Pain

I am 22 days out from abdominal, arms, and...

I am 22 days out from abdominal, arms, and inner/outer thigh lipo.

I am coming unglued from the nerve pain that has surfaced since the numbness wore off. By the end of the day, I am in tears because the pain is just wearing me down. Nothing seems to work to dim the pain....does anyone know of something that helps? I am doing epsom salts baths, lymphatic drainage massage and wearing my garment as instructed. I want to light that garment on fire! I am in so much pain in it/ and without it. I have tried Spanx for when I need to venture out to get groceries, but the heat here in Houston makes it so uncomfortable. The itching begins and it's all downhill from there.

I love my doctor but at this stage- yes,I regret it. The pain is worse than at the beginning.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm in so much pain at 5 days post op I just want to sleep. Whenever I stand up I'm so lightheaded. My hemo was 9.something when I left CIPLA after full lipo incl thighs and bbl. It's awful I want to cry
Hey MIami I got a small hand massager/vibrator form bed bath and beyond
Whats the name of it or brand , and how much?
One of you asked why I chose ultrasound over laser. I chose out because ultrasound breaks fast up evenly whereas laser breaks it up underbelly and leaves heat in the body creating the extra discomfort. You hall more quickly with
Hi so painful!, I'm sorry to hear you are ailing! I was crying too- till I started magnetic pulser treatments. Look for the machine online- it reduces swelling n helps with pain like you wouldn't believe! Five mins. Every hour no more no less- after a few days I was doing much better. I hope you try it because it really works! Mine rescued me! Give it some consideration, it's expensive yet very much worth it! Feel Better!
I have to bed honest at 21 days you do have extreme soreness and burning if you sit for a long time and then get up but it should go away; however laser lipo causes immense pain afterwards whereas ultrasound lipo does not. I had ultrasound lipo, actual suction, and had little pain.Was completely sore free at 4 weeks.
Hi CSMITH9176! Wow! I can't get over that... The ultrasound lipo being less painful. If you don't mind my inquiry, what did you ultrasound lipo vs what you lipo'd with laser? I was wondering if certain areas of the body are just more vulnerable. Flanks, tummy and hips are supposedly very painful. That's what I did- but it was my first lipo and I found the procedure ok- but the recovery excruciating! I also find I'm still harboring lots of water- they fill you with. The strangest part, certain areas of my tummy have seemed to collapse in, sort of indent! I dunno if other belly areas will come down as fluid escapes body, or if its the ugly lumps n bumps some people say happen post lipo. Did you get this? Does it correct itself? Thanks for sharing... Be well! Feel better!
Aligothurt! I went to nyc extremely high profile doc! He does just body work. He did procedure very little pain meds as vikadin makes me spin n nausea! That day numb from local mixed w water to dilute fat cells- procedure was ok til he struck what felt like my kidney! I finished the office wrkrs wanted me right out! Like no sleep n recover time- my pressure was extremely low & I was nauseas & dizzy! So dr advised them to let me rest. I got two hours then the boot- left leaking excessively! In days to follow around belly button burned n hurt. It cleared then my flanks n hip area was explosive with hot climbing pain! I have a backache- some swelling- deep red bruising around that kidney area. I need pain meds every four hrs. Tummy is sore- flanks n hips are murder! I sit n they feel splitting, ripping pain. Pain is deep, most times burning- as if I'm still cooking from laser in smart lipo! The exploding bursting stinging burn in flank & hip area is overwhelming. The dizziness and nausea from painkiller is awful too! It's day 6- and all forums advised it was two day recovery... What happened? I don't think I'm that weak- dr said I was strongest lady ever to take that surgery on half vikadin! I'm no medicine person! Could someone tell me when they think I could feel well enough to stop pain meds & rise from bed! I sure did hurt myself! If u have time and some patient people to care for u- that's the only way u should attempt this- smart lipo is extremely painful- even from a Central Park super renowned dr.!
I am 3 weeks post op and I am miserable. I had lipo of the abdomen, flanks and back, a brazilian butt lift and lipo of the arms. I love my results. On the outside I feel like a bad bitch, but on the inside I just feel bad. Lol. I am in the stage where my nerves are repairing and my skin is shrinking so I am itching sooooo bad. I itch so bad I feel like an animal with fleas. I put lots and lots of oil on by skin but that doesn't work. I take showers and rub and that seems to help. I am also feeling this burning sensation that everyone is talking about. It's weird to because its so random. I feel so miserable, I thought that the surgery itself would be hard and the recovery would be easy but boy was I wrong!! I still can't sit down for a long period of time. My ass still hurts, I have severe lower back pain and my numbness is wearing off so I'm starting to feel the nerve pain. This sucks!!!! All of this just to have a good body. I don't regret it but I can say that I will never do this again
Barbiegurl 24 How is your butt looking now are you pleased with the results? I got a fat transfer to my butt. I am a month out and it doesn't look different to me at all and he sucked my hips out.
You should def see results. I am 5 months post op and I still have a nice fat ass. If your a month post op your butt should be even bigger because its swollen. After the swelling goes down your butt gets a bit smaller. When I got back home my ass was humongous. I didn't like that it was soo big but when the swelling came down it became the perfect size
Ugh! I'm 21 days out and experiencing the same pain all of the sudden too - in my outer flanks. I actually did a breast lift and tummy tuck too and that pain is nothing in comparison to the swelling and nerve pain I'm suddenly experiencing in my outer flanks. Help!
I am 1 month past a year since I've had lipo done on my outer thigh, of my right leg. It was done for the purpose of fat transfer, to my face. Every time I walk for more than a few minutes, my right leg begins to burn, and the pain shoots right into my buttocks. I try to push through it, and keep walking. That doesn't last too long, and I have to stop and rest for a minute or two before walking again. I feel like maybe, somehow when the lipo was done, maybe he hit my sciatic nerve, or maybe scar tissue has formed by the nerve. I'm not sure. When I asked my surgeon, he said that I must be a slow healer. The area where the cannula was inserted is still purplish looking, as well. I don't know if this is considered normal, as I have never had lipo before this. Does anyone have any ideas or know something about this? Thanks in advance for any information on what it can be, or what I can do for it.
I'm so sorry to hear this, jbbaez06. You're thirteen months past surgery, and still can't walk for more than a few minutes without pain shooting into your buttocks? I can't give you any medical advice, but this does not sound good. Is it possible for you to go see another doctor... besides the one who blames your painful results from invasive surgery on you being a 'slow healer'? In an article written by Dr. Rosemary Leonard entitled 'The truth about liposuction in the Daily Mail, she wrote: "Liposuction is not a gentle procedure. Initially, a cold salt solution, which also contains adrenaline and a local anesthetic, is injected into the fat cells. next, a large hallow needle, usually about 3mm in diameter, which is attached to a powerful suction machine, is inserted in turn through several small cuts in the skin. It is passed into pockets of fat, where it is moved around with considerable force..." Personally, my body was maimed and all manner of tissue damage incurred by this procedure. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
A doctor on this site wrote this: "There are now increasing reports of sciatic neuropathy after body contouring procedures..."
I stumbled upon this message board and am glad I did. I'm sorry that many of us seem to be suffering so much. I have had several other cosmetic surgeries post weight loss(, tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation, arms). One week ago I had lipo of the thighs and the pain is much worse than I experienced with any of the other surgeries. Definitely having buyer's remorse. I was scheduled to have a lower body lift along with the lipo and on the day of my surgery the doctor said he would only do one at a time, as he had noticed a trend that bariatric patients, such as myself, were developing kidney issues with extensive plastic surgery. I was disappointed that I couldn't have both procedures that day, but now, given the extreme pain from the lipo alone, I am glad I didn't!
Another thing that concerns me is having to return to work at the end of the month. The reading I did about lipo recovery led me to believe it would be easy, breezy and that one could return to physical activities within a couple days..I cannot even imagine that!
I came to the message board seeking answers for why I still have nerve pain in my back. I got my lower back done and I had never been in so much pain. I did it two years ago but my lower back doesn't feel like it should. when i itch it or touch it, it's like some weird feeling jelly underneath the skin. It hurts to touch my lower back. I think I am permanantely damaged. I do remember lying in bed the third week out in more pain than when I got out of hospital. I was looking up at celing just crying. I thought all of this would fully go away. I am not crying. I just hurt. My back, when i scratch it, I can't feel it. the outside is numb. he said, "i really carved your lower back out" I was like, "yeah, I know" He wanted to give me that curve in the back. He spent a lot of time there and i can tell. i got hips done, never hurt, sides done, never hurt, stomach, that hurt, and I got my lower back done. I do feel like you gain weight unevely afterward. My arms are bigger and my upper back fat is horrible.I now have to go back and spend another five grand to get it off, now I know why they say it's only for people that have a lil problem area and are already thin. Becuase I am overweight and it just makes you look all out of wack, afterward. I regret it badly
10days post of breast reduction and total body lipo... Breast was a breeze but the lipo is like I was hit by a huge ass truck...never again!!!! And I am taking lyrica for the nerve pain...
I am so depressed right now I did not expect to spend so much money on lip on legs and mini tummy tuck only to be left with this severe pain in my right leg, as per my last post it kicked in two weeks after the op . My leg is on fire with the flames raging ripping, pulling , stretching , burning it It is sooo painful . Do I rest it do I not? I am walking like an old lady with a bad back. I feel 10 years older not younger and just seem to be getting fobbed off with it will ease of ... WHEN exactly? I can't exercise like I used to and at this rate will put on loads of weight :( go back to work tomorrow I have no choice I wonder if I will even survive the car journey .. Anyone else suffered the same and if so how long for ?
Two weeks after mini tummy tuck and thigh,knee lipo felt great then the tear jerking strong burning like sensation began in my right front thigh. I can't walk properly I am scared to get up out of a chair, go up stairs, go to loo but whether or not I move the striking pain can come at anytime. When is it going to go away, the surgeon has said its quite normal and will go away, from what I have read this seems unlikely. What helps apart from painkillers? I am trying to massage my leg it doesn't help. How am I supposed to go back to work I can't even stand up straight let alone walk in high heels. Feeling very miserable and I'm sure I now need buckets of Botox to fill the increasing frown lines on my face as it is always screwed up. :((((((
Did the pain and swelling subside on the knee and thigh. I am experiencing that now. I had a thigh lift with lipo three weeks ago. Please tell me this wil stop.
Hi 2MuchMaintenance! Hope this note finds you doing a bit better... I've finally started to feel better, although, I still have the strangest pain behind my belly button! My hips burn and ache as well from time to time. At the one month point- my husband and son quickly began to lose patience with my downtime/recovery! What's the old adage about the worst woman still being better than the best man?!!! I do have to give the credit for my recovery to my husband though- as he purchased some natural supplements - a lymph cleanse, a natural water pill(5days only!), and a magnetic pulser! The pulser has proven phenomenal! It really helps with pain. Sleep propped and alternate positions. The lift involved an incision presumably? I had no lifts- to date... But a tummy tuck is needed here! The third week was rough- I'd say expect to feel a little better by week 5! Also, believe it or not movement, showers- a little walking, indoors even- it promotes drainage, and when that happens I suspect pain lessens. I still get weak- but the days are starting much better. Nights hurt- I feel ya! Take care and pls let me know when you feel better. Best of luck! You're gonna look awesome!!! U Go Diva! XO Ali
Botox doesn't fill lines, fillers fill lines! Botox relaxes the muscle that make the lines...but anyways back to the original conversation here, I had lipo on my upper and lower abdomen, flanks, under buttocks, outer thigh, lower back and above the buttocks for shape along with Brazilian butt lift! First three days were terrible, burning and itching (eucerin itch relief is a life saver) I started massaging with a soft sided rolling pin (actually has a non stick cushion on it) right over my garment to help With fluid retention and scar tissue break up, and I did this as soon as I could walk around!!! I still do this every night! I also took a lot a arnica Montana by mouth before and after surgery and arnica gel all over every time I take my garment off to take a shower! I take a large amount of vitamin C - natural diuretic, I follow my diet and I walk through the pain! I feel great now and it's only been three and a half weeks! I have a very low pain tolerance but I'm not a baby, I just prepared before surgery, and the trick to the pain is..... Keep your garment on as much as possible for 2 months!!! Your garment keeps you from swelling, and it keeps scar tissue from forming in the swollen sites! I know its a pain in the ass but do it anyways!