22 Days After Lipo and in Severe Pain

I am 22 days out from abdominal, arms, and...

I am 22 days out from abdominal, arms, and inner/outer thigh lipo.

I am coming unglued from the nerve pain that has surfaced since the numbness wore off. By the end of the day, I am in tears because the pain is just wearing me down. Nothing seems to work to dim the pain....does anyone know of something that helps? I am doing epsom salts baths, lymphatic drainage massage and wearing my garment as instructed. I want to light that garment on fire! I am in so much pain in it/ and without it. I have tried Spanx for when I need to venture out to get groceries, but the heat here in Houston makes it so uncomfortable. The itching begins and it's all downhill from there.

I love my doctor but at this stage- yes,I regret it. The pain is worse than at the beginning.

Wow, aren't we a group! I am 4 weeks post cellulaze to my thighs (front and back) and lipo to my saddlebags. And I am 3 1/2 weeks post op to lipo of stomach, flanks, and upper arms. I am so miserable I can hardly stand myself...My surgeon just got back from vacation and now has prescribed me Neurontin and some corticosterioids. They are helping minimally and sporatically. I live 4 1/2 hours from where I had surgery and I can hardly fathom the drive to see her...I can hardly be touched at all without yelping. Clothes hurt. I can't wear the compression at all. I have not been out of pain for a month. Needless to say, it has caused some problems for my fiancé as he is getting very resentful about not being able to touch me. I really want to know how long I'll have to endure this misery? Has anyone any idea how long it took them? I really want to write nasty letters to the websites who say a person is fine to go back to work in a couple days....what a lie:( Can anyone offer hope???
I'm going through the same, I totally feel you. I cry most nights regretting it. I wish I would have done better research, i hate that every video I watch and my doctor told me it was only a matter of a weekend. And now he change his story
Wow mimis I totally agree. "Oh yeah we will so the surgery Friday, and u will be back to work Monday or Tuesday and we can do u first post op checkup Wednesday. I could barely move for the first 10 days and when I went in to have bandages/tape removed I cried. My legs knees and hips were plum purple. I wish he would have been more upfront about the pain levels. I never dreamed it would be that painful.
Try drinking Arnica teas. I hade BBL 10 days ago and 80% of my brucing in completely gone and my pain was gone within the first 2 days.
I have been drinking Arnica teas and putting the gel on:(
Where are you guys getting arnica tea?
You can find it at any botanical store.
I ordered from Amazon
Your going to love it!
You'll love it!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm in so much pain at 5 days post op I just want to sleep. Whenever I stand up I'm so lightheaded. My hemo was 9.something when I left CIPLA after full lipo incl thighs and bbl. It's awful I want to cry
Hey MIami I got a small hand massager/vibrator form bed bath and beyond
Whats the name of it or brand , and how much?
Can I ask, now that you are almost a year out are you better now? I'm experiencing what you had and I'm 3 months out, I'm praying it goes away!
One of you asked why I chose ultrasound over laser. I chose out because ultrasound breaks fast up evenly whereas laser breaks it up underbelly and leaves heat in the body creating the extra discomfort. You hall more quickly with
Hi so painful!, I'm sorry to hear you are ailing! I was crying too- till I started magnetic pulser treatments. Look for the machine online- it reduces swelling n helps with pain like you wouldn't believe! Five mins. Every hour no more no less- after a few days I was doing much better. I hope you try it because it really works! Mine rescued me! Give it some consideration, it's expensive yet very much worth it! Feel Better!
Ali, where did you place the pulser? Just on your wrists or directly on the affected areas? Thanks!
I have to bed honest at 21 days you do have extreme soreness and burning if you sit for a long time and then get up but it should go away; however laser lipo causes immense pain afterwards whereas ultrasound lipo does not. I had ultrasound lipo, actual suction, and had little pain.Was completely sore free at 4 weeks.
Hi CSMITH9176! Wow! I can't get over that... The ultrasound lipo being less painful. If you don't mind my inquiry, what did you ultrasound lipo vs what you lipo'd with laser? I was wondering if certain areas of the body are just more vulnerable. Flanks, tummy and hips are supposedly very painful. That's what I did- but it was my first lipo and I found the procedure ok- but the recovery excruciating! I also find I'm still harboring lots of water- they fill you with. The strangest part, certain areas of my tummy have seemed to collapse in, sort of indent! I dunno if other belly areas will come down as fluid escapes body, or if its the ugly lumps n bumps some people say happen post lipo. Did you get this? Does it correct itself? Thanks for sharing... Be well! Feel better!
Aligothurt! I went to nyc extremely high profile doc! He does just body work. He did procedure very little pain meds as vikadin makes me spin n nausea! That day numb from local mixed w water to dilute fat cells- procedure was ok til he struck what felt like my kidney! I finished the office wrkrs wanted me right out! Like no sleep n recover time- my pressure was extremely low & I was nauseas & dizzy! So dr advised them to let me rest. I got two hours then the boot- left leaking excessively! In days to follow around belly button burned n hurt. It cleared then my flanks n hip area was explosive with hot climbing pain! I have a backache- some swelling- deep red bruising around that kidney area. I need pain meds every four hrs. Tummy is sore- flanks n hips are murder! I sit n they feel splitting, ripping pain. Pain is deep, most times burning- as if I'm still cooking from laser in smart lipo! The exploding bursting stinging burn in flank & hip area is overwhelming. The dizziness and nausea from painkiller is awful too! It's day 6- and all forums advised it was two day recovery... What happened? I don't think I'm that weak- dr said I was strongest lady ever to take that surgery on half vikadin! I'm no medicine person! Could someone tell me when they think I could feel well enough to stop pain meds & rise from bed! I sure did hurt myself! If u have time and some patient people to care for u- that's the only way u should attempt this- smart lipo is extremely painful- even from a Central Park super renowned dr.!
I am 3 weeks post op and I am miserable. I had lipo of the abdomen, flanks and back, a brazilian butt lift and lipo of the arms. I love my results. On the outside I feel like a bad bitch, but on the inside I just feel bad. Lol. I am in the stage where my nerves are repairing and my skin is shrinking so I am itching sooooo bad. I itch so bad I feel like an animal with fleas. I put lots and lots of oil on by skin but that doesn't work. I take showers and rub and that seems to help. I am also feeling this burning sensation that everyone is talking about. It's weird to because its so random. I feel so miserable, I thought that the surgery itself would be hard and the recovery would be easy but boy was I wrong!! I still can't sit down for a long period of time. My ass still hurts, I have severe lower back pain and my numbness is wearing off so I'm starting to feel the nerve pain. This sucks!!!! All of this just to have a good body. I don't regret it but I can say that I will never do this again
Barbiegurl 24 How is your butt looking now are you pleased with the results? I got a fat transfer to my butt. I am a month out and it doesn't look different to me at all and he sucked my hips out.
You should def see results. I am 5 months post op and I still have a nice fat ass. If your a month post op your butt should be even bigger because its swollen. After the swelling goes down your butt gets a bit smaller. When I got back home my ass was humongous. I didn't like that it was soo big but when the swelling came down it became the perfect size
Ugh! I'm 21 days out and experiencing the same pain all of the sudden too - in my outer flanks. I actually did a breast lift and tummy tuck too and that pain is nothing in comparison to the swelling and nerve pain I'm suddenly experiencing in my outer flanks. Help!