Tummy Tuck from Hell

I had a gastric sleeve 2 years ago and all went...

I had a gastric sleeve 2 years ago and all went great. I have lost over 100 lbs. My surgeon then said when the time is right we'll see about a tummy tuck. Needless to say I needed one.
In the post op procedures it was discovered I had prostate cancer and underwent 45 radiation treatment. I surfaced with a clean bill of health from the oncologist.
So, I went ahead on the surgeon's recommendation to have the tuck.
All did not go well. I knew after 4 days something was wrong. When I called him he assured me all was normal. He saw me 10 days later. When he opened the dressing his face dropped. I said not NOT GOOD? He responded NO, very bad/ and I was running fever and was full of "gangrene".... "both wet and dry".
He was fully aware of my condition. I was never given possible side effects from the surgery. He is NOT a plastic surgeon. Must he be board certified to preform this surgery? I was also told I could return to work the next day. Not so from anything I have read since.
Visiting nurse service is now attending to my wounds. The two nurses I've seen in the last two days both asked who "did this to you"?
I am told by all professionals that it will take at least 2 months to heal.
I've learned not to have tummy tucks on radiated skin. I am on a thing called a "VAC dressing. I remain in constant pain and am on heavy duty antibiotics and Vicadnin sp?
every four hours.
I beg of all who are thinking of this procedure to research it and research it and then think twice before doing anything. It is terribly painful and the odor from gangrene is putrid.

Still in pain.

I don't like taking all this pain medication, but really find it necessary. I am still running a low grade fever every night but am controlling it with extra strength Tylenol.

tummy tuck from hell

Will this drain ever come out? My new PS says it is still necessary and is helping do it's job. I follow all the rules.
Dr. Daniel Rosen

He has an awful lot to learn. Over zealousness may be fine some time but not when it endangers a patient's life. Had I known of the possible outcome, I never would have put myself through this. I haven't received any bills yet so I can't determine total cost. I do, however have Visiting Nurse Service of NY I may have to cover cost of supplies to care for my wounds. If you intend to have this surgery find a board certified PLASTIC surgeon.