Dr Mabrie is the Best in SF - San Francisco, CA

Before I met with Dr Mabrie, I had a restylane...

Before I met with Dr Mabrie, I had a restylane injection done once by a nurse practitioner. She ended up making me look very bumpy and worse than when I was before and ever since that experience I was very hesitant to get fillers again. But I really couldn't get the thought out of my mind, of giving fillers another try to enhance my appearance.

I like many Asian women have a problem with a deflated nose bridge. Not only that but I have a pretty squashed looking face (i'm sure my insomnia also exacerbated this). I wanted to get fillers on my nose to extend the bridge and to sharpen the tip.

Dr Mabrie must have seen many patients like me because he knew exactly how I wanted my nose bridge extended and where to inject on the tip of my nose to elongate it. This definitely helped give the illusion of lengthening my squashed up face.

After taking some pictures and prepping my nose with local anesthesia, Dr Mabrie injected my nose like a pro, following up with me, every step of the way. I really liked how he would say a few things about what he was doing while working on my nose because it gave me an idea of the process that went through.

When I got to see my nose I was very surprised! I didn't know if should have flowered Dr Mabrie with flattery on how much I loved my new nose so I didn't really say much except how natural it felt. I was expecting to notice some foreign object inserted underneath the nose bridge but surprisingly it felt like my own skin.

The only qualms I have about the procedure was that I had a bruised spot on the middle of my nose. I tried covering it up with makeup and that helped.

Dr Mabrie also suggested that some other time, I could get my eye bags done if I wanted. I opted out even though I know he's a great "injectionist", I dont want to risk any bruising there.

Overall I am very happy with the procedure, it is very pricey. I work part time at a firm so I definitely was using my savings for this. I'm not sure If I'll do this regularly but definitely during monumental moments of my life.

2 days later: my nose has deflated a bit,...

2 days later: my nose has deflated a bit, especially on the bridge. I'm surprised my body metabolized so much of the radiesse. I forgot to mention that Dr Mabrie injected radiesse for my bridge as requested and restylane on the tip. I thought the radiesse would hold up more than the restylane. Maybe I'm imagining things but I really liked how the bridge looked on day one, there was no deviated slope. Perhaps the minimal swelling helped add to the height. I'm still happy I got the filler.

Something weird I noticed is that the injected part on my bridge is a lighter color than the rest of my skin. I'm trying to cover up with concealer but it still shows through a bit.

I have a follow up appointment in two weeks but I'm wondering if its worth spending more money to continually keep the bridge up.

Third Update: Yay!! So the brusining and...

Third Update: Yay!! So the brusining and discoloration is 100% gone! The bruising disappeared after the third day. The weird lightened discoloration where the injection was done has faded away gradually.

Earlier in my review I mentioned how natural the filler feels. Definitely cannot notice it's there UNLESS, I touch the area. I guess this is a good thing so that I can gauge how much filler is metabolizing.

One last thing before I go. I am known to be the most frugal person (yes, i'm one of those people who take extra napkins from McDonalds), yet $1,500 I feel is worth the investment for the initial cost of this procedure. Dr Mabrie is understanding of tight financial circumstances. He offered to use two fillers on me for the same price I would have gotten with one filler! Plus his office offers Aesthetic Rewards, discounts for Radiesse treatments.

His staff also is very prompt with checking up on you and making sure everything is alright.

Fourth Update: I had my follow up appointment...

Fourth Update: I had my follow up appointment today! The procedure went even smoother this time around and I'm pleased that Dr Mabrie did over and beyond as usual. He used the remaining radiesse on the slight indentation on the nose and I must say it looks perfect. No bruising this time around too. There happened to be extra restylane as well so he used that to further enhance my tip and even had extra for my nasolabial lines.
Again let me emphasize that Dr Mabrie's injects like no injector ever could. He does it in a way that doesn't leave any visible needle marks.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Google and Realself. So I did my research and read about how Dr Mabrie was not only one of best surgeons when it comes to injecting fillers but also specializes in non-surgical rhinoplasty. It was really hard to resist to make that appointment and I'm glad I did. He was very courteous with me and went over a brief explanation on what would be best for my face. I didn't even have to say or ask much because he seemed to be a mind reader.