BBL Revision - Am I Fighting My Body Type? - Manhattan, NY

I have to be honest: This surgery has changed my...

To first read part 1 of my BBL journey, please click here.

I have to be honest: This surgery has changed my life.

Prior to my initial BBL surgery on May 7, 2012, the best way to describe my appearance was "cute." I just wasn't the girl that people stare at when I'm crossing the street. I never thought anyone would consider me attractive based on my body. My tummy has always been big, even when my legs were like twigs growing up and I had a huge pot belly. As I grew older, the rest of my body didn't grow into my big tummy, my tummy just kept getting larger.

As a small girl 5'3, a big tummy stands out--and not in a good way. By the time my teenage years hit, I just kept getting larger and larger, until I was 170 pounds at my largest. I have no idea how I became so big! I'd never worked out in my life, and between working full time and going to college full time, I never made time to work out.

At my largest, my now ex-husband would make fun of my size and would occasionally tease me for looking pregnant. He thought it would encourage me to workout, and it did encourage me to work out, but it also encouraged me to find a way to live without his pessimism.

At the beginning of last year, I divorced him and started to think about who I really wanted to be. I lost about 65 pounds, and at my lightest, I was a terrifying 104-105 pounds! I couldn't even recognize myself, and while I liked being tiny, my true shape came out--I was pretty boxy, but I wanted to be more feminine.

I started to Google inspirational images of very feminine women and I noticed one thing they all had in common was an hour glass shape. Somehow during that research, I came across Realself and saw the image that I considered to be ideal. After a few clicks, I noticed there was a procedure called the "Brazilian Butt Lift" -- I don't know about y'all, but I about crapped my pants knowing that surgery could achieve the look that I wanted!

I decided to shop around and I visited a few doctors in Manhattan. I considered traveling, but while price was a concern for me, I wasn't convinced that saving money would justify the risks I may be taking with a doctor outside of my home state.

Picking Dr. Schulman was so easy after my initial consultation. When I say no pressure, this man truly puts no pressure on his patients. His consultations are free, he is attentive to your concerns and he knows exactly what he's doing.

I was able to schedule my BBL for 2 months after my initial consultation and that's when my whirlwind adventure began! I became obsessed with the images I saw on Realself! I must have had 20 wish pics!!

The same reason that led me to my initial BBL is leading me to my revision: I want to have the ultimate feminine body.

I believe during my initial BBL, Dr. Schulman had to spend a lot of time sculpting shape that wasn't there already, but now that I have a better foundational shape from the initial surgery, my shape will only get better. I think Dr. Schulman had to do a lot of work to get me where I am now. My body seems small, but he took out 11 pounds of fat! O_O

While I'm still shapely, I want perfection--or at least something close. For those of you who followed my previous review, you recall that my butt wouldn't take much more fat that 250ccs because my skin is very taught. Now that I've had an initial BBL, my butt will be able to take more fat and I can't wait!

I'm also concerned that during recovery, I didn't get back to working out quickly enough. Now that I have workout equipment in my apartment that I use daily, I'm not worried about putting on fat in the same places. I also didn't have the right garment sizes during my healing because I was negligent in ordering the right sizes when my initial sizes became loose, but I have made all the necessary waist shaper/faja purchases, and I know I'll be able to maintain my new shape--trust me the right faja is very important.

In short, I'm going for an even better me. I'm a little nervous that maybe my body is just not meant to be a stunner, but I refuse to give up before I try. Maybe I'm fighting my body type, but so what? I'm fighting my way to hotness, and nobody can stop me! ;)

Good, luck
Bbldollie please reply we all are waiting for you..! we would like to know what happend.! Hope you are doing good..!
Thank you so much for your Round 2 review. Your first review was one of my main inspirations for getting my BBL this past November. Now this review is making me contemplate a Round 2 ;) I sooo relate to what you said about the 'boxy' look. No matter how much weight I would lose, I never had a waist because my stomach was so disproportional to the rest of my body. But like you said, Dr. S provides a great foundation in shaping. I wish you the best of luck in Round 2! I am sure you will have the body of your dreams :)
New York Plastic Surgeon

The best record and experience in my opinion. I can't wait to see how we tackle the revision Dr. S!